Bcb - Bittersweet Candy Bowl

Why is Rachel being a bitch?
>inb4 she's a female dog
>inb4 OP can't inb4

I was away last week.

So two weeks of this 12 week filler extravaganza isn't even being done by Taeshi?

This is whole new world of effort.

>Rachel being a bitch right out the gate
Must be that time of the month

she IS smol. That's a 3DS

This paneling isn't anything special but when you put it next to Taeshi's recent work...

>No-name comic artist who created Tess is better at paneling than Tae

really makes you think

And despite it seems like low effort scribbles, the fundamentals are still much better.

Just shows if your basic skills ain't gud, then you can throw as many layers of techniques ontop of it, but it'll still be shit.

So is Lily beholden to Taeshi's vision or is this all her own scripting?

Her low effort scribbles even has the proportions down
Meanwhile Tae still draws Jupiter-sized heads on Mercury-sized bodies and doesn't understand the basics of body proportions. Professionally. Not scribbles

New ships when?

Drawing Rachel that bad should be a crime

at least they gave her massive fucking tits in the last panel

Tess suddenly having to worry about money certainly doesn't fit with the "rich friend (like in my japanese animes)" thing Taeshi did with the character.

I can't believe how dead this thread is

This was already discussed before, but her parents might have her on a tight allowance, or maybe they're only paying for her studies and she has to pay for the rest by herself

feels good knowing fatboy isnt getting his money

No Mike suffering = dead threads

Really not an intuitive fit with what we were shown about her family before and the lack of explanation. She seems like a middle class kid instead of the "invite 100 people to my mansion for a catered party" girl from before.

God when the fuck will this be interesting again? I don't care about this shit.

October, hopefully

Jesus christ

Ad hoc retcons.

Even discarded characters aren't safe.

where are you getting this?

Show dont tell
stupid bitch

>Still pay for daughter's studies in some small art school in a big city were tuition is probably stupid expensive for no reason
>Still pay for her housing
>School is too small to have a campus so Tess probably has an apartment
>Can assume it's still a nice apartment since they probably don't want her to have tl living in a shit hole
>There's no hint of any roommates
>T-t-they had to downsize!

You've forgotten that "show, don't tell" takes effort.

And this comic hasn't had any noticeable ounce of effort put into it for about 4 years now

Maybe whatshername made a comic without regard to the idea that Tess' family was rich (was that Taeshi's idea?), just putting money worries in as a bit of college atmosphere and now Taeshi has to make excuses.

How?

Ah its so peaceful here on /bcb/ without Mike.

I wouldn't mind keeping this art style desu.

Vero should retire as BCB's main artist and focus on making a decent story and characters. She can still do ships ahoy and the like.

You're right for once, it's so fucking boring without the true hero of BCB around. All hail our gray savior.

He actually posted soon, but was deleted

Even the ships ahoy is getting shit

Yeah, I just checked and isn't on the website. HTML is really easy to manipulate, user.

Also it doesn't seem likely that Taeshi would suddenly acknowledge that the Recession exists in story, even as a plot excuse.

You idiots, it's on the previous page

derp, you're right. My bad.
>Also it doesn't seem likely that Taeshi would suddenly acknowledge that the Recession exists in story, even as a plot excuse.
1) Why not? It's autumn 2008 right now in the story
2)The commentary was written by Lily, not Taeshi

Story and characters have also been tanking hard.

Character's that honestly seems like they've been Flanderized and shit plot, Just see latter half of last chapter for the most recent exposition of it in action.

Frankly it feels like she's given up on it aside from the occasional thing she wants to try out, which always ends badly.

Either way it's wonky AF way of explaining that she's got no dole.

>when you want the guest artist to be the real artist

I like the guest artist's style so much more than the current chibi thing.

Me too

Taeshi tries too hard at doing the equivalent of putting makeup on a pig instead of addressing the problem that the core of her "rebooted" character design is what's dragging it down.

When scribbles by somebody else are more appealing simply because they don't try to compensate hard, but instead attempts to directly address the cause of the problems, then it's time to reevaluate if the last handful of years weren't a big mistake regarding overall direction that should be binned and redone.

The worst you can do when making a grave mistake is not learning from it but continuing on like nothing happened.

>tfw Tess' creator cant even write Tess right

>Taeshi decides to take it easy for two weeks by getting someone else to do the comic
>everyone likes the guest art so much better

In a few weeks

hopefully next week

Well isn't that what she is?

Yes

The guest artist's other work is horrifying to look at