Details about Green Lantern Earth One

>Back in July, we all got news of the new series of graphic novels in DC Comics’ Earth One line, Green Lantern: Earth One by Corinna Bechko and Gabriel Hardman:

>“The book will see Hal Jordan revamped as a scientist and astronaut who finds a power ring and sets off to restore the Green Lantern Corps, which were long-ago extinguished by The Manhunters.”

>Courtesy of Amazon, we now have a lot more information:

>“Hal Jordan yearns for the thrill of discovery, but the days when astronaut and adventure were synonymous are long past. His gig prospecting asteroids for Ferris Galactic is less than fulfilling — but least he’s not on Earth, where technology and culture have stagnated. He might be a nobody, but he’s in space.

>When Jordan finds a powerful ring, he also finds a destiny to live up to. There are worlds beyond his own, unlike anything he ever imagined. But revelation comes with a price: the Green Lantern Corps has fallen, long since murdered by ruthless killing machines known as Manhunters. The odds against reinstating the Corps are nearly impossible … but doing the impossible is exactly what an astronaut like Hal Jordan was trained to do.

>From creator Gabriel Hardman, the critically acclaimed author of INVISIBLE REPUBLIC, comes a soaring new epic original graphic novel in the tradition of the best-selling WONDER WOMAN: EARTH ONE VOL. 1 by Grant Morrison and BATMAN: EARTH ONE VOL. 1 by Geoff Johns! GREEN LANTERN: EARTH ONE VOL. 1 is a radical look at the Lantern mythology and a great entry point for new readers.”

>DC Earth One
Man, it's been 7 years and they've still only put out 8 trades. What a shame; I thought this was gonna be this cool new DC universe built from the ground up, but instead it's just come across as a poorly planned idea that DC only revisits when they're bored and finally remember it's something that exists.

actually sounds like a cool take.. looking forward to it.

Uh... that's a good amount of trades, dbag.

They only release 2 a year on purpose. Do want it to be monthly or something?

Well OG Hal couldn't get more boring as a character, so maybe this will be cool. Not sure about some earth scientist somehow being smart enough to figure out how to make more GL rings himself but hey mite b cool

I wan't a sequel to Frank Miller's and Jim Lee's All Star Batman

It was so stupid that it was interesting as hell. Funny too.

OGNs are special treats and an afterthought for a writer. They have to have a relatively well known writer and artist to sell well, which is why I'm surprised they got literally whos to write this one.

Also artists then have to rely on royalities, commissions, and cover art, since doing an OGN will stop them from working on a monthly book.

>in the tradition of the best-selling WONDER WOMAN: EARTH ONE VOL. 1 by Grant Morrison and BATMAN: EARTH ONE VOL. 1 by Geoff Johns!
Fuck you, Superman and Teen Titans!

7 trades that are completely unrelated. If it was all one series that shared creative teams, then sure.

>dbag
Cool insult.

>2 a year on purpose
Not even close

2010 - 1
2011 - 0
2012 - 2
2013 - 0
2014 - 1
2015 - 2
2016 - 2
2017 - 0
2018 - 1 scheduled so far

There's no need for it to be monthly, but this is just retardedly slow. Superman is the only series that's gotten a 3rd volume, but that took 5 years and there's no news of a future so far. Wonder Woman was tagged as Earth One as an after thought. Still no word on several other major characters, let alone the Justice League.

Wonder Woman was always intended to be an Earth One, you goon

>Also artists then have to rely on royalities, commissions, and cover art, since doing an OGN will stop them from working on a monthly book.

There's almost no difference whatsoever to the artist. They get the same page rate either way, and it wouldn't take any longer to do an OGN than to do 6 monthly issues.

>OG Hal couldn't get more boring as a character,
Try reading some actual comics, fag.

>Literally whos

>His gig prospecting asteroids for Ferris Galactic is less than fulfilling — but least he’s not on Earth, where technology and culture have stagnated.

Is this in the future of Earth One? Or did I miss something where all the E: O books are in the future?

Nope. Originally Ruck was going to do WW Earth One. Morrison had already been working on an Elseworlds WW story before Superman EO was ever published

Supes sold well, but it's been a long time since the last volume and we'll probably never get another since JMS quit.

>Wonder Woman was tagged as Earth One as an after thought.

No? Rucka left DC so they gave it to Morrison but that was years before anything was close to being done. Afterthought is the wrong word and makes it sound like they actively changed it last minute. You're being dramatic for no reason.

No it wasn't.

Morrison's was originally called the Trial of Diana Prince.

>e: the Green Lantern Corps has fallen,
ALREADY?

>Corinna Bechko and Gabriel Hardman
Take my money.

Earth-1 is weird

I love this creative team decision. I'd prefer them anyday over the literal hacks that's been writing mediocre capeshit, like Johns, Lemire and JMS.

>low quality bait.jpg
Back to Marvel with you.

it's nice that you identified what your own post is with greentext, user

Ok sure, afterthought might not be the exact right word, and my intention wasn't to be dramatic.

My point is that Morrison's WW was not written with Earth One in mind. He was already doing that book, and Rucka was slated to do WW:EO. For some reason that obviously matter anymore, they scrapped Rucka's EO book and assigned the title to Morrison's.

Cry some more.

>calls disliking Johns and JMS bait
>tries to start a company war for no reason
>thinks he's not retarded

yes, I'll keep crying about how this book will have a good creative team instead of a mediocre cape writer.

>keeps crying
Good.

you are so mad right now, my guy

>space faring civ
>says who?
what are the chances Hal is from the future and he's thrown back in to current earth-1 during whatever event kills Abin Sur.

The plan in 2014/2015 was suppose to be quarterly.

Maybe they'll go full Pol Manning

This was supposed to be DC's Ultimate Universe, instead it turned into DC's version of the 2014 Ultimate Universe.

>I wan't a sequel
*I want a sequel