IDW Transformers [Help]

I've been interested in reading some TF stuff for a while, and even though I have the old Marvel stuff on the backburner, I'm curious about the current stories and books. I keep seeing out of contextscans and all that (Autobot Megatron, TransBots) and kinda want to check it all out. Where do I start and what do I read? Anything current I can start pulling without feeling lost?

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page/schedule
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you do not want to read everything from before Phase 2 use this reading order with Death of Optimus Prime before reading mtmte 1 and RID 1; and The Transformers: Drift before mtmte 1; "Spotlight: Kup", " All Hail Megatron " 15a and "Spotlight: Drift" before LSotW; Also add and "Autocracy", "Primacy", "Monstrosity" and "The Transformers: Megatron Origin" sometime before mtmte 28.

There are some cool arcs and stories but when it's awful it's truly awful. Be prepared for some quality whiplash.

>when it's awful it's truly awful.
When was that? There's never been anything that terrible.

Lug and Anode say hello and pay attention to us.

Anode was a mistake.

Roberts was a mistake.

IDW Transformers order

What happened to Roberts man?

I disagree. Just because he's gone to shit, I wouldn't trade the good times from before Dark Cybertron

Trapped in the social media echo-chamber, catering to the lunatic-fringe of Transformers fans.

Did someone say transformers? Because I fukken love transformers. What do you love about'em Sup Forums?

So when's the next issues releasing? I am shit at keeping track of this.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page/schedule

This has the upcoming comic schedules, as well as other things.

my waifu!

I like Decepticons. I like transformers with masks too. Transformers with no faces are also good.
In fact, anybody with 'wave' in their name is pretty great.

OP here,thanks for the infographs anons!

I love Transformers IDW.
It's good, at times, and and sometimes, it's great. Some storylines are memorable, and heroes and villains alike go through memorable arcs that define them for years, and dont suddenly lose character growth and change.

The Cybertronian Wars ended, I mean, goddamn, it's like- something I never thought I'd see. AND the writers are clearly building up the Black Block Consortium as the new big bad empire badguys.

The only thing I dislike is how many Transformers just forget loyalty to Optimus Prime,or just seem to doubt endlessly. Nobody's truly loyal to him, after all he's done for Cybertron; and saved their collective hides.

I mean, he's literally raising sleeping Titans at his command, and has unleashed the power of the Matrix. AND to top it off, it's like NOBODY from the old days remembers that Orion Pax was almost LITERALLY killed by Megatron, then he rose from the dead in a brand new, huge body that could fight againts nearly any transformer.

He's like a living messiah, a five star general and a super soldier rolled into a humble package that wants to protect your freedoms, and still gets treated like he was 'yesterday's news.'

>The only thing I dislike is how many Transformers just forget loyalty to Optimus Prime,or just seem to doubt endlessly

Thats IDW Optimus' schtick. No matter what he does or if he decides right, events conspire to make him look wrong, fuck everything through incredible stupidity by others, or otherwise cut his balls off. It's been happening since the start in IDW.

Well, that sounds pretty darn awesome and all but... where do I read all that? Are these stories in the books listed in the above infographics?

I just feel like he doesnt get his due.
The only people who like Optimus Prime and trust him completely are the like "HIGH END" characters of the series, you know, Alpha Trion, Omega Supreme,the Titans, other Primes- even his own nemesis respect and like him more than most of his own 'people'.

It must be lonely to be Prime.
Hated and despised by a lot of people for no reason other than the name he carries, heralded by a savior and messiah by others who dont care for him as a person, feared by all because of his power, and misunderstood by everyone.And when he was asked by his people to walk away, to give up his mantle- he does so- he gives up his mantle, and heritage- which he DID NOT TAKE, it was GIVEN TO HIM BY THE FUCKING PLANET-and allows himself to be exiled from the home he saved- then everything falls apart, and he has to return to fucking light everyone's darkest hour. Because that's who he is, whatever Cybertron needs him to be.

Cybertronians dont deserve him.

Like I said, thats pretty much IDW's Flanderization of him. Optimus can't do anything right ever because he either ends up wrong for the wrong reasons or everyone else goes full shithead mode and ruins everything.

bump