Edward Charles Allan Brock, aka Venom, formerly Anti-Venom and Toxin...

Edward Charles Allan Brock, aka Venom, formerly Anti-Venom and Toxin. Sometimes he is a disgruntled journalist turned psychotic anti hero, sometimes he is a childhood friend of Peter Parker's with a chip on his shoulder, other times he is Topher Grace and he just likes being bad because it makes him happy.

How do you think the character is best portrayed? How would you have the character portrayed if it were up to you? I personally never liked when they make him have a deeper connection to Peter as being friends beforehand, it just seems a bit redundant to me when Harry Osborn exists for that already and a bit too convenient that yet another one of Spider-Mans characters to have some connection to his civilian life

>Spider-Mans characters

*Spider-Man's characters

I never liked Venom much. A character with a good concept and shit execution is how I've always viewed him. I think Brock himself improved a lot in recent years but that development just went all to shit recently didn't it? Flash Venom was okay. Not good but okay, had potential. Again with the good idea, bad execution. But hey, no matter how unimpressive any version of Venom gets, at least they'll never be the utter piece of shit charactrer that Carnage is!

I never got what was wrong with Carnage personally, he's a tad one note but he serves his purpose well, not every villain has to be a sympathetic tragedy, hitman for fire, or grandiose conqueror, Carnage is just a proper scumbag to the nth degree

Truth In Journalism is my canon Venom.

What the heck is this?

i just wanted venom to get new hosts instead of brock.

Brock keep on coming back. I don't feel like he should be venom anyone.

Carnage RULES

Antihero Venom/Anti-Venom works best.
Not like how they incorporated their reunion in the latest issues though. It feels very barebones and there could be much more great chemistry between Brock and the symbiote other than "being in yandere love with each other despite a shit ton of reasons not to"

I want to know too, that thing is creepy as fuck

What issue is the current run on now? The last one I read was the introduction of the Moon Girl/Devil Dinosaur crossover

a fan film

Orig Venom is fine, just could use some fine tuning in terms of story, but so could most character origins, which is why retcons are so popular only in Venoms case they always did it wrong

When they fleshed out Eddie back in the 90's it helped a lot, any changes to symbiotic lore have made things worse

>How would you have the character portrayed if it were up to you?
play up the journalism angle, maybe give him an arc about publicly exposing a bunch of high-profile celebrities and politicians that everybody knows are dirty but the news refuses to talk about

I liked everything about Flash becoming the current Venom.

Going on space adventures, dealing with his disability, helping the symbiote become a better being.

But it might be time to parse down the number of spider folk running around to maybe 3 or 4.

Because right now there's like 6 or 7.

The symbiote should go back to Peter for a run. Flash made it good, Peter and the symbiote working together would be pretty cool to read. Instead of being treated like a lover or vice like it was by Brock, Peter could treat it like a sidekick.

I think Flash was a more interesting Venom, and had a more compelling relationship with the symbiote. I hope he gets the Toxin symbiote.

>Instead of being treated like a lover or vice like it was by Brock

Symbiote deserves love, Peter can't even manage a healthy relationship with his super models let alone an alien goo thing

>he doesn't know that carnage rules

Carnage is his own brand of fun some people just don't get, and understandably so.

And a hearty Vivat Grendel to you, good sir.

The wrestler who was a vampire and wore a blouse, right?

I like him as someone who ruined his life with association to Spiderman.
Not got ruined his life by Spiderman, he did it himself. It's just spiderman have been an important part of the process.

Then goes haywire, gets really personal with peter, and act after act, he slowly comes to a turn, realizing that Spiderman was important in his road to ruin, but Spiderman is not to blame for it. Then let's go of the baseless grudge.

Whatever he goes a full turn and becomes a hero, anti-hero, or just villains someone else, doesn't really matter.

That was Gangrel

>realizing that Spiderman was important in his road to ruin, but Spiderman is not to blame for it.
I honestly feel like Eddie is one of the more original characters in comics, most people would disagree with me but really as a character who eventually became a hero he has a truly unique origin. His brand of crazy is truly his own.