Was this any good?

Was this any good?

No, America turned out to be a pretty mediocre idea over all.

Dunno about the comic

It's over-written. The editor should be cutting the dialog down.

Ehehehe this guy

Though the America herself suprisingly wasn't a Mary Sue, the comic itself was meh and the character wound up being boring regardless. At best it's below average, at worst it's Tumblr trash.

I'm literally intrigued and in awe of this comic. If this is what it's like to make SJW comics, then I applaud all the hacks doing the scripts right now because this is incredible. Stupid dialogues? Check. Bad art and lame stories? Yup.

There's nothing appealing about the book, story is bad, art is horrendous and the dialogue makes me think that the writer is from a different dimension.

It was great

In fact someone should storytime it so we can all see how great it was

Oh no. You typed the unholy words.

Fuck no.

Why literally?

So they didn't end up going lesbian and professing undying love for each other? That's unusually restrained for this book.

>Was this any good?
It made me reconsider fundamental beliefs that I held about America as in the country, progressivisim, and discrimination.

I feel culturally enriched from having read it.

In those respects, it's probably the best book that Marvel has made this year.

It also taught me what the word "chonga" means.

Is this issue the first appearance of the girl Chavez is carrying off? The last issue of this comic that I read was the one with Storm.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gabby Rivera was a test tube baby created by Marvel to create the perfect SJW writer because her dialogue sounds like she has never had contact with another human being.

>It made me reconsider fundamental beliefs that I held about America as in the country, progressivisim, and discrimination.
>I feel culturally enriched from having read it.
>In those respects, it's probably the best book that Marvel has made this year.
>It also taught me what the word "chonga" means.

That second panel is hilarious; America made a rhetorical quip along the lines of "I can help you with whatever" and then they pull in for a close-up as though it was a statement of serious commitment. Did Rivera and the storyboarded both get distracted between panels?

To be fair, it was realistic depiction of a lesbian relationship if you ask me.

I mean, America does get drugged and betrayed by her like 3 panels later revealing it was all manipulation from the start.

I'm pretty sure there was no cooperation between the illustrator and writer, I mean in one of the pages you got Kate and America jumping off a car and in the next page you have Kate back in the car? It's just awful, also they killed cyborgs. Jesus fucking christ

>Was
Wait, they have cancelled it?

>Next issue is coming out soon
Ready for pain, lads?

Wait, is it over?

I don't think so, America is getting one of the famous Legacy covers. I think that might be for either August or September's issue, after that here's hoping is is.

>that entire 4th panel
I've seen slashfiction with more self awareness than this. What the fuck?

user if you're only joining us now then welcome to the ride. I've been keeping up with this trash since these threads started and it has been like that during this book's entire run.

I'am genuinely confused is the new love interest a tranny? I mean one of those MtF things?

Is it bad that I'm upset I've missed every story time for the fourth (I think) and fifth issues

Is EVERYONE in this comic gay?

What ever happened to that WHITE girlfriend of hxrs? Not pc enough I'll bet or maybe Gabby is into black chicks

No more than anything else in this comic book is.

And keep in mind, issue one had America break up with her white girlfriend over the most nonsense reason possible (the superhero with the power to create portals didn't want to do a long distance relationship), so now she's available for this new black and non-conventionally-attractive old flame.

So far only Hawkeye and Moon Girl, the guest characters, aren't.

>she's available for this new black and non-conventionally-attractive old flame.
Tbf she did turn out to be a villain unless its a cop out where she really isn't like 2 issues ago because only WHITE people can be bad guys here.

No.

Stop this madness.

The Civil War storyline was pretty meh. World War 2 storyline was good.

They really phoned in the WWI tie ins so i guess they thought they'd have to make up for it with the WWII ones.

I've been reading the comic via Storytime of Pain and I've already forgotten everything that's happened.

But I do believe this is that other girl's first appearance.

This was bad and will make America damaged for years just like the Clone Saga did to Jackal.

Post more pages

Yes.

>Forgetting about best arc 'Nam

user, it made the Legacy cut. It's going to get at least six more issues. Think of your favorite comics that were cancelled this year and remember that America was kept around.

It's pretty obvious that the black girl will end up being redeemed next issue when she saves Chavez from the real villain, Rivera won't have a minority be a villain.

You gotta give credit to Rivera though, when you think the quality of the book can't get worse, it does. #1 set the bar so low but it keeps on going.

She still hasn't reached Bennett's level where she spitefully talks shit about editorial in the comic. If you need proof that Marvel has no editors just look at the last couple issues of Angela.

She will when they cancel America, or refuse to give her that lgbt power pack book that she wants to right.

Yes the first volume were shit but the funny kind of shit, the one that make you laugh because they are so shitty but the last one wasn't even that, it was just boring.

>the Flintstones got cancelled
>America will get six more issues at the very least
When did everything go so wrong?

Haven't been reading any Marvel lately besides America when it gets storytimed. Post pics?

In the first episode, the White girl was a bitch who put her family before her gay, interdimensional alien Mexican waifu, making her basically Hitler

To be fair, she's white. She is basically keeping America as a slave by being in a relationship with her. America was right to show her independence by demanding her to throw everything away and move with her to the university town

I bet her parents were straight, too. What an irredeemable cunt.
In America's universe are straight couples stigmatized, like that episode of Tripping the Rift, or are there jus no men?
What about the trans people in America's Universe?

America's universe was made by some gay dude, and it only contains women who are lesbians. Despite their world being noting like regular 616, America has latinx pride somehow when there's no such thing as south america
I doubt their are trans considering men never existed

But transgenderism is a naturally occurring human phenomenon. Naturally some women feel like men

How do the women know they feel like men? Because they have interrests that's traditionally more masculine? That's cultural and not natural. Because they are attracted to women? That just makes them lesbians

America dumped her because she wanted her gf to move to go to college with her and the gf didn't want to uproot her life.

America opened a star-portal and stormed off.

Why America couldn't just star-portal back to see her gf every day after attending classes I don't know.

>Though the America herself suprisingly wasn't a Mary Sue
You apparently haven't read the first page of issue 1. Or the part of the story where she inexplicably gains time travel powers and a mysterious destiny.

No, they would feel like they need penes. user, you're being insensitive.

So they have body dysmorphia disorder, poor bastards. Hopefully they have strap ons to play pretend with

>I doubt their are trans considering men never existed
Men DID exist there though. Of course, they were all gay too. Wiccan summoned them all away and only the lesbians were left.

The Civil War arc was too 2deep4u everyone thinking it was all black and white. muh lost cause

How would you know, every time that the utopian parallel has been shown the only inhabitants are women.

God, and I thought the art of the first issues was bad. This is EH! levels of bad.

>Mfw prudes who don't even read comics complained loud enough that the arc was ended early for being too violent.

Look up what a chonga is.

They have been running out of ideas now a days. Really? North Korea being a threat now?

Because America is the bad boyfriend from a Lifetime movie.

It's fucking shit. Marvel has better gay characters that they fucking waste but I'm glad they do so they don't fucking ruin them. & don't let anyone else touch Toni besides Ewing because fuck this company.

Not even remotely. It was beneficial though. It let us all see what the very worst looks like, so we know what not to do.

>I'm literally intrigued and in awe of both of them

This book is literally Sonichu

Can any one explain to me why America, the person who can literally punch holes in reality to go anywhere in the universe wants, can't deal with a long distance relationship? If anyone could make it work, she could, how is she not the lazy selfish one in that former relationship?

Because
She's a terrible person, and wants to ride the carpet carousel like a methed up twink at a circuit party.

Abandonment issues from when her Moms went missing?

In America's universe, are the women both parents? Are they magic babies or did the author use IPS meme cells

the writer has some kind of weird racial fixation, it wouldn't surprise me if she broke them up because she didn't want america having a white girlfriend.

Because her girlfriend was white and Gaby Rivera is an unapologetic outspoken racist, as seen on her social media.

Gabby feels only dark skinned people can be trusted.

Maybe she's onto something...

I didn't even know that issue came out. The shops in my city stopped buying them. Damn.

I don't know why she's always talking about being brown, she's white as fuck.

I've still yet to be convinced that she isn't just another Rachel Dolezal and is just pretending to be Hispanic.

Don't waste any brain space on anything about this comic.

>Nova cancelled after seven issues
>America going to 10+

Why god why

I think that the fact that she doesn't know how to speak Spanish, like at all, is pretty telling.

>America herself suprisingly wasn't a Mary Sue
you're a fucking retard.

They want the brownie points for having a book about an lgbt latina, written by an lgbt latinx.

Doesn't she frequently mispronounce a lot of Spanish words and phrases and caught flak on twitter by actual hispanic people over it?

Brownie points. They're willing to sell this shit at a loss in order to say they produce diverse content.
Maybe if you made good comics, people would buy them

You should honestly feel embarrassed about having written this idiotic comment

Yes.

Supposedly she's a Puerto Rican, but the New York kind who's born and raised the states.