Is Hal Jordan and the green lantern corps artist Ethan Van Sciver a nazi?

Is Hal Jordan and the green lantern corps artist Ethan Van Sciver a nazi?

>Comic book writer/artist Ethan Van Sciver, currently working on Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, posted a long, passionate plea to Facebook stating that, no, he is not a Nazi nor a white nationalist. Not the kind of thing many people have to post, but this is the internet. He wrote:

>“There are strange people on twitter who are pretending to believe that I am a ‘white supremacist’ or a ‘Nazi’ because I’m a rare thing in comics: a Republican. It’s intolerable. It’s ridiculous to have to even declare that I’m none of these things.

>To me, white supremacists are villains from movies. They aren’t me, they aren’t my family, and I deeply resent these calculated efforts to make me feel unwelcome in the industry that I’ve given my life to, and by the way, which has profited greatly from my work. This industry isn’t them or me. It’s us.

>Their evidence is some ridiculous out of context images from a decade ago, when we were all much more friendly. Being called a ‘Nazi’ by a fellow creator then was quite different, like me calling someone a commie. It was meant in fun. But occasionally, some truly weird people would make a claim that my little diamond logo was a swastika (oh?? HOW? It’s based on the Iron Maiden logo). and a friend would satirize it by making it look like one. For laughs. Because it’s absurd.
Around the same time, I decided that I’d make my sketch books look like extremist political tracts. One was called MANIFESTO and contained communist dogma, with backward letters to look like Russian language. The other one was called ‘MY STRUGGLE’ and contained my earliest work on Cyberfrog up to my recent work. The cover was SINESTRO, who we’d redesigned that year to resemble Hitler, and with the fact that most people knew I leaned right, this was a JOKE. Made self-effacingly to my peers who I considered my friends.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/KingImpulse/status/896469473523372034?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08/14/ethan-van-sciver-not-nazi/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatic_scale
youtube.com/watch?v=E929gqIcwwI
youtube.com/watch?v=OD5nGLEo8HE
youtube.com/watch?v=WG6Kx1-_qGU
youtube.com/watch?v=EyipeD2e6Sc
youtube.com/watch?v=RM6EHcPFKCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7Jm_eUQSYAk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

These people who spread these images and claim that I’m a ‘Nazi’ are liars. They are lying. Flat out. They are liars who wish this industry wasn’t tolerant of people who do not share their partisan political views. That may include you. It may not. But I’ll lay out my career and the work that I’ve done against theirs. This is MY industry too. And lying liars with a dishonest agenda cannot change that.

I’ve chosen to avoid Twitter. It is a toxic wasteland of negativity. I’ve chosen to avoid discussing politics, for this very reason. But I won’t stand by and let these creeps continue to go unanswered.

And neither should you.

If you see this, please, as a fan, CORRECT IT.

It is evil.

Thank you.”

A few of those tweets in question.

twitter.com/KingImpulse/status/896469473523372034?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08/14/ethan-van-sciver-not-nazi/

What do you think Sup Forums? is the industry anti conservatives?

no, stop reposting fake internet drama

No he is just a thin skinned twat. Funny how many Rightwingers are really snowflakes. Can't wait to bitch about something. Oh no a war on Christmas. Oh no some random person called me a bad word. Boohoo I need to create a big rant. Etc.

Tbh I don't care if EVS was an actual Nazi, he's great drawing GL stuff.

nope

Just like sjws.

>lying liars with a dishonest agenda
Artists really do make bad writers.

I will literally kill this faggot if EVS does get fired. The problem with all these witch hunting that it just snowballs to something big even if there's no definite proof.

Fuck off with this forced "controversy".

EVS is one of the biggest names at DC. Literally nobody fucking cares about this shit except a tiny handful of Twitter idiots who don't buy comics.

I know this is just a twitter nobody but then as I've said shit gets snowballed and with the internet being a medium to bully people to quit, EVS getting sacked while insanely slim is a possibility if they get a ton of support from mindless drones.

The whole thing falls apart when his most popular work is stuff he did while collaborating with a mixed race man of Middle Eastern descent who is also married to an Asian woman. Like I'm pretty sure specifically being a Nazi doesn't allow for that "some of you are alright" rhetoric.

It's so stupid I'm not sure why OP bothered to post it.

But they haven't even fired Berganza and that would seemingly be justified since there are witnesses to his harassment and the internet hates him. There's no reason to think literally made up shit would matter here.

Pretty sure people think Johns is a white guy, EVS is great and I don't see why political belief should ever be a factor if they should be able to work in that company.

I'm just afraid it will get traction since the whole Charlottesville thing, they're kinda witch hunting republicans

Okay. Hands up who through this was a thread a bout Green Lantern.

I'd rather have that

and other industry professionals. you should see my facebook.

Actually there were some people in the SS you wouldn't have expected in the SS. I think mostly for propaganda reasons and also barrel scraping.

Also the Naxis cooperated with some people you'd really not expect to cooperate with Hazis but hey, it's OK because they were Likud I guess.

Anyway, I do agree the whole thing is bullshit but Nazis have historically been pretty colorblind when it suited them.

Can someone post the pictures he's talking about?

Fucking spellchecker, I bet Obama wrote it.

I hope they fire Berganza. He's shit at his job.

I think he's talking about the SCW cover, Sinestro looked super menacing there.

let no gays shine bright

Make them fear our might

Beware the green lanterns light.

Ther guy that invented Space Hitler Sinestro and than tried to hype him up to be more popular than Hal....just might be a nazi??

How in the fuck are you just realizing this now?

I literally only clicked on this thread because I saw Hal and thought it was just a general GL discussion thread

>Hurr durr allegations of being a neo nazi when there are neo nazis running around bashing people up is just a joke XD what a thin skinned faggot
Seriously?

>EVS invented Sinestro

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just trying to bait and not actually clinically retarded.

>Ethan Van Sciver put out a sketchbook titled My Struggle (Mein Kampf) with Space Hitler on the cover and a swastika for a signature.

It's stupid, right?

Considering the other irrational rage trains that have been flying around, it's not unreasonable at all to want to set the record straight.

People say the same shit about Frank Miller and Chakyin.

Be the change that you desire.

>I don't see why political belief should ever be a factor if they should be able to work in that company.
Unfortunatley, there are a large number of motherfuckerw with more industry pull than you who wthink otherwise.

This one maybe?

Yup, guy said Sinestro there basically has a swatsika brand and my struggle translate to mein kamf.

It can still be a GL thread if we make it to one.

His little brother is my favorite cartoonist
please don't bully Ethan, he probably protected Noah from abuse as a kid

He invented the Space Hitler version of him,

fucking reading comprehension

summer is over, time to fuck off Sup Forums for another year

Odds on the book getting pulled/renamed?

he's also like BFFs with Simone

0, he literally hasn't done anything. It's just people slinging mud without doing any facts because they don't even care about comics just something to push their agenda and to act smug saying "THATS ONE MORE NAZI DOWN".

No he definitely didn't. Space Hitler Sinestro as drawn by EVS maybe, but Sinestro was categorically MUCH worse with what he was doing in the Silver/Bronze Age and would be more appropriately labeled Hitler.

>It can still be a GL thread if we make it to one.
INITIATING DERAIL!

How would a Red Lantern from the Obsidian Deeps work?

No way, his little brother is such a goof, there's no way he came up in a nazi home.
So he's right leaning, what's the big deal?

Most people who write/draw for comic books are usually left leaning and libs these days are painting right wingers as nazis. It's pretty sad.

Derail commencing. Posting EVS story.

First Gerard Jones is shown to be a pedophile and now people are accusing EVS of being a Nazi. Not a good year for GL creators I guess.

Reminder that Hal is Jewish

are they the two most talented brothers in the industry? besides Stan & Jim Lee of course

Red F sharp Bell.

29 states can fire you being gay. Prior to 1990 you could be fired for being disabled. If you think USA is a progressive country then you're retarded. Progress is snails pace and never works rushed. Progress alone isn't morally right or wrong just beneficial.

Evs is allowed to be the way he is unless he uses violence. DC doesn't have to fire him if they don't want to. They still have Scott lodbell and old-school leftist pedos in back and Miller the sexist.

Tolerating the tolerant and intolerant is classical liberalism. Morals are relative, so no body's really right. Laws also exist to create civility and order. Certainly more so in the modern world. Unless you're raping and killing, no harm is really being done but your feels being assblasted. If you try to police free speech, you're the clear oppressor.

Anyone who decides to enforce their own beliefs on others are the oppressors of the people. They're commies like you.

Just go work for commie Marvel if you are that sad and pathetic.

proof??

The Joradans celebrate Christmas tho.

His mom is Jewish, it was shown in his New God one shot

nothing wrong with Lobdell or Miller

No one is talking about how he acted, in Sinestro Corps War he was specifically redesigned to be Space Hitler. Instead of space Vincent Price as he was designed after before

I argue Silver Age sinestro was more Hitler since he'd abuse the fuck out of the Qwardians for petty revenge while at least during John's run he's doing it for the improvement of the Corps.

>Trump rules!
>fuck off, fascist
>BOO HOO I'M LEAVING TWITTER, IT'S FULL OF BAD PEOPLE
Stop drawing comics too, will you? Your style is great for covers but too static for stories.

The left is mad that they're too fat to dodge cars so they're on the warpath.

Doesn't make sense if you look at the Chromatic Scale.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatic_scale

I'd say each "color" is a represented by a Sharp Note on the Scale.

So Red would be C#, Orange D# and so on.

Hi Cletus. Nice name, I will filter it.

I asked google what the angriest piece of music was. This was the first non compilation result.

youtube.com/watch?v=E929gqIcwwI

My personal off the cuff choice.
youtube.com/watch?v=OD5nGLEo8HE

>How would a Red Lantern from the Obsidian Deeps work?
The Angry Scream Corps.

I don't know about sound too much my dude so I have no clue, I will read on that when I'am not sleepy, Thanks.

EVS is a Trump supporter, i.e. a fascist.

Just look at his appearances in Hals run on Spectre. That was a literal Space Hitler look.

Not even white.

Well A Sharp Bells are used in mechanical alarm clocks.

So instead of the Reds classic Rage Vomit, an A Sharp would issue forth a stream of noise that powderised whatever it hit.

>A Sharp Bell: [ANGRY DINGING]

So what you're saying is he'd autistically screech people to death?

...Yes.

I'd also Argue that B Sharp Corps (0911 Star Sapphires) members would have a really strange version of the main corps natural Crystallization power.

Well, a yellow would obviously use the Brown Note because who doesn't fear shitting their pants in the middle of battle

Hope you guys enjoyed.

A sharp
youtube.com/watch?v=WG6Kx1-_qGU
youtube.com/watch?v=EyipeD2e6Sc

Frogs
youtube.com/watch?v=RM6EHcPFKCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7Jm_eUQSYAk

Here you go user but then Hal practices Catholicism I guess? He celebrates Christmas and he was the Spectre at one point in time but I guess it's about perspective.

Also all of his Dialog boxes would be rendered in Qbertese.

>Oh no, someone called rightwingers twat
>Better bitch about that
Like fucking clockwork.

Actually the Emotional Scale partner to Yellow Light would be E Sharp.

Blue is G Sharp and Indigo is...A...Sharp...

I just fucked up with the 0911 Red Lantern...shit.
Darn it, I meant that C Sharp was the one with the Angry Dinging. A Sharp was actually Indigo.

>Instead of space Vincent Price as he was designed after before
You mean space David Niven

Fake controversy

>Blue is G Sharp
This does mean that a G Sharp Bell could only really harmonise with an F Sharp Bell.

>you used to call me Hal
>You used to not murder your coworkers.

>Subsonic Wars in Southern Modora

What was even the point in referencing this if you never did shit with Sonar or Modora Johns? Why did you hate anyone not named Sinestro?