Why did the show shit on her so much?

Why did the show shit on her so much?

Because she turned old, why not date a younger prettier girl when your girlfriend gets old?

Simple: because she's an older authority figure and a secondary character in a series aimed at teenagers. She's always going to be mostly ineffectual because if she could effectively handle all the threats, there wouldn't be no need for Korra and pals to jump in. Also, most modern action/adventure heroes are, to different degrees, cool rebels who don't play by the rules, which is why Lin gets the chance to shine when she goes outside the law.
As for the the whole relationship/family shit, I ain't touching that.

I would absolutely ravage the chief.

Because Bryke hated Toph

Because she shit on herself and she knew it so the atmosphere needed to reflect that.

She a fine woman.

To warn young girls that putting professional accomplishment ahead of personal life and family is the pathway to bitterness and depression.

It's not a message you see in mainstream media anymore. I'm surprised that SJWs and feminists didn't howl in outrage over it.

Her sister is running her own commune, and somehow gets the better family life as well. Toph puts her family before her profession and then goes to live in the woods for like 30 years.

The show just had confused character writing. Lin's arc was supposed to be about her reconnecting with people after she cut them out of her life because she wasn't the warmest person. Except they forgot to make it a two way street and instead made her exboyfriend cheat on her with a younger woman, her sister be a total bitch who has everything work out for her, and her mother also a bitch who kept her from her father and cut her kids out of her life only to passive aggressively badger them when she wants them back. Then makes her have to apologize to them. Lin literally did nothing wrong. She's not a flawless character, but it's astounding how one sidedly she got fucked over. None of the other characters suffered from Lin's actions. Every single one of them is happier in their lives now. They all got their happy lives after fucking her over. Aside from Toph I suppose but she seemed to enjoy being innawoods and it's not like she made great attempts to reconnect on her end until she was dragged back into the world.

They really just dropped the ball. You could have something about how Lin didn't ever make it clear to Tenzhin that she didn't want kids even though she felt that way from the beginning, so she ends up leading him on until he gets fed up and breaks it off. You could have her be the instigator in cutting Toph out from the fallout following what happend with Suyin. You could have Suyin be less of a bitch as a teenager or something. Simple shit. You could also just have other characters fuck her over less and change little of the dynamics of the show. It's the fumbled set up that gets people, not the actual basic idea.

Bryke sure has a knack for writing unlikable characters.

the man writes what he knows.

Based on how LOK treated the characters, one gets the impression Bryke hated the entire Gaang

>made her exboyfriend cheat on her with a younger woman,

Marrying someone else after you get dumped isn't cheating tho.

god bless the user who did that edit

>To warn young girls that putting professional accomplishment ahead of personal life and family is the pathway to bitterness and depression.
Remember girls, you need a man and a family to be happy and it's impossible for women to work and feel satisfied

>Remember girls, you need a man and a family to be happy and it's impossible for women to work and feel satisfied
this is true.
women feel more satisfied making and raising babies than working

Impossible? No, but quite likely. A lot of those career women try to pull a 180 and start a family later in life but realize that they're competing with younger women and have a lot less time on their hands because of their demanding jobs.

What edit?

Open collar and no armor.

Why did the show shit on him so much?

This is how the show should have ended.
Either that or sex with Mako.
In any case, she needs someone to love her more than Korra, the little shit.

Because he had to lose his way to get on the right one.

So she could end up with Mako.

She was a woman over the age of 40 and was therefore useless to the world.

The more I think about it the more I realize that Korra could have have been the American counterpart to Full Metal Alchemist if they hadn't dropped all the fucking balls.

FMA is shit tho, so they match already

>Shitting on best girl in LoK
>Shitting on best girl from TLA (Toph)

I wasn't surprised at all. Just disappointed.

To be fair, in our current economy it's very difficult for anyone, man or woman, to feel satisfied by focusing on their job.

Because Bryke couldn't get their tongues far up Sujin's cunt deeply enough.

Edgy

Not entirely true since Iroh was an older authority figure and a secondary character in a series aimed at a young audience. The show shits on every single character because that's what Bryke thinks makes a good character.

>THICC daughter of the legendary Toph
>tossed aside for a literal normie

she deserved better

She and Tenzin were the best characters in LoK

Because Bryke portrayed their own insecurities and daddy issues on her and Tenzin.

Because he was a teenage figure in a show aimed at kids.

Because one of the creators of the show was literally an Ayn Rand nutjob and her sister character was literally Ayn Rand. Therefore the Ayn Sister could do no wrong.

That's what happens when an Ayn Rand fanatic and a feminist are put in control of a show.

hey remember that baby she had in season 1
that baby that was super important to the plot

When Lin had to be the one to apologize to Suyin, I was livid.

Basically the point of her character is that there is no justice, and if you want to be able to connect to people, you have to compromise core parts of yourself and lower yourself to everyone else's standards.

Man, fuck this show.

yes

Wasn't Iroh the "colorful old man" that had cool moments because his title required it? That type of character gets the upvote from the teens all the time since he won't be the first to tell you to clean your room.