Fucking Finally

BATMAN: CREATURE OF THE NIGHT #1
Written by KURT BUSIEK
Art and cover by JOHN PAUL LEON
Young Bruce Wainwright lost his parents in a violent crime…and in the real world, no superheroes exist to save the day. But as grief and rage builds inside Bruce until he feels he can’t keep it inside anymore, something strange starts taking wing in the Gotham night! Perhaps Bruce’s grief isn’t inside him after all?
Modern masters Kurt Busiek and John Paul Leon unite for the spiritual companion to the beloved SUPERMAN: SECRET IDENTITY, putting a new spin you’ve never seen before on the legend of Batman—and the dark emotions that drive him!
On sale NOVEMBER 29 • 48 pg, FC, 1 of 4, $5.99 US • RATED T+

newsarama.com/35950-batman-creature-of-the-night-gets-official-release-date.html

newsarama.com/35952-first-look-batman-creature-of-the-night-1.html

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Superman-Secret-Identity/Issue-1?id=59731
newsarama.com/6557-kurt-busiek-plans-batman-focused-secret-identity-sequel.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eh, Wonder Woman would be more interesting

>putting a new spin you’ve never seen before on the legend of Batman
What's new? I see literally nothing new.

>$5.99
I wanted to buy this, but I guess not.

Notice it's 48 pages

So Batman is getting a Secret Identity? I can dig it.

I know, but my pull list is big enough already. It’s only 4 issues though, might squeeze it in.

>Written by KURT BUSIEK
>Art and cover by JOHN PAUL LEON

Huh so this is why the artist left Mother Panic completely?

Also
>an event centered around Batman
>this
>White Knight
>the 2 parter by that european creator
Fucking STOP with the Batman, jesus. How are people not sick of this character yet.

Yeah the last thing the world needs is another tired take on Batman mythos, but at least the art will be amazing

People have been saying that for decades. Yet he still sells

>Oh look another batman book.

If only they were constantly pushing your favorite characters Cranky, there certainly wouldn't be a problem there.

wish it was Plastic Man or Flash

>Written by KURT BUSIEK
bruh I loved Secret Identity
picked up

>not Amethyst: Secret Identity
it hurts

Some people aren't miserable and desperately trying to relive their misery futilely lashing out at anything they see around them.

Could be neat, but theres already a realistic Batman take in Earth One. I dont see how Batman already existing as a fictional character in universe could make it different enough, but Busiek is a great writer so i'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

I imagine its geared for a trade anyway. DC are focusing more on making 'evergreen' GNs such as Secret Identity.

Not the guy you're replying to, but it's not even about character favoritism. Everything you can do with Batman has been already done - there's a world of DC to mine and explore but instead of getting a refreshing take on a B-lister or a long-deserved defining run on a D-lister we get yet another Batman story.

Batman is always going to sell because the comic reading masses are fucking plebs. They could nurture another property and set it up to be as big and financially viable as Bats, but nope

More busiek is always welcome, gotta agree with tho, wondie's would be better

I ain't cranky considering I actually like Catwoman.

It looks like Bruce Wainwright isn't rich? That's different from Earth One.

Im hyped. Secret Identity is my shit.

What is Secret Identity?

I'm curious, I like stories about Batman inspiring people.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Superman-Secret-Identity/Issue-1?id=59731

Tell me if I'm wrong, but Batman wasn't a unstoppable selling machine until the Tim Burton movies?

>They could nurture another property and set it up to be as big and financially viable as Bats, but nope
Flash seems to be doing well but Flash Earth One has been put on hold and he's not getting the love Wondy got when her movie appearance and movie happened.

He was selling really good in 40's and 50's, as one of the few remaining superhero titles. He just hit a sales slump in the Silver Age because of the whole 'being singled out as homosexual propaganda' thing, but by the 70's it was business as usual.

Man I loved Secret Iddentity it was probably my favorite off canon Superman book

So next will be Wonder Woman: Princess of Power, which about a normal girl who shares the same name with Diana Prince raised by two lesbian parents, going to a private all-girls school until she finds out that somehow she has the same powers as Wonder Woman?

Yup, his sales were unstable as hell. Many writers mention in interviews that they were brought in, because sales were falling and they wanted to try something fresh. Detective Comics had to be even merged with Batman Family because it wasn't selling (Batman Family was because it had a lot of pages per dollar).

Fuckin' sold take my money now

... Y'know user, you were presumably joking, but that sounds about right, actually. Won't happen though.

Oh hell yes.

I unironically want this.

I remember this being in the works for almost a decade

It was announced in 2010.
newsarama.com/6557-kurt-busiek-plans-batman-focused-secret-identity-sequel.html

7 is pretty close to 10

>He just hit a sales slump in the Silver Age because of the whole 'being singled out as homosexual propaganda' thing, but by the 70's it was business as usual.

Except sales went up during the Silver Age, specifically when the Adam West TV show was going on. Then it went down after the show ended.

And Batman was really selling badly in the early 80's compared to most Marvel titles as seen in It wasn't until around the late 80's and early 90's that Batman sold a lot better.

Sorry man, wasn’t correcting you. Just posting the old interview. Thought it might be interesting reading.

Finally. This was announced so long back.

Plastic Man's done a lot for the medium, but he and Flash don't have the timeless immortality of Batman and Superman.

>Sorry Mr Busiek, but we won't allow you to pitch Batman, even though you're a superstar writer
You literally sound retarded, user. But what am I expecting from a characterfag.

we're getting Plastic Man as a major player in a comic eventually drawn by Doc Shaner, I'm pretty happy with his place right now

I imagine it'll be some sort of Percy Jackson bullshit where she finds out she was secretly a demigod whose real mom died and she was adopted by the lesbian parents.

Then she'll have to go on some sort of stupid Odyssey or Labors of Hercules ripoff quest.

I might be OK with it if they at least played up a magical girl connection but you know it's gonna be all Greek mythology trash.

as long as Busiek writes it, it will probably be good even if the basic concept seems stupid at first glance

Did you even read Superman secret identity? It's supposed to be as realistic as possible.

I didn't. Doesn't he still have his powers and the Krypton backstory? I only say this because if Winged Victory is anything to go by, Busiek doesn't really know anything about Wonder Woman.

Kid named Clark Kent and is teased about it. Develops the powers one time and eventually has to deal with reporters, government, and hiding his tracks.

He has powers, but that's all.

Nigga what, wikipedia the story at least
>In a world where Superman is just a comic book, a family named Kent decides to name their child Clark
>Clark grew up resenting his name because kids would make fun of him for being named Clark Kent and friends always set him up with girls named Lois
>Gets power one day because some deus ex machina shit
>Then goes on living his life dealing with life, love, powers, government, all that
It's a fun read

if we're going by the Astro City versions, he doesn't know anything about Batman and Superman either, though

What kind of stupid logic is that? "Analogue is not like Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman therefore he doesn't know anything about them"?

Comics like this is what DC needs more. I wish their regular line could be actually good.

Wow, I thought this was dead years ago.

You think they'll have him pull of actual Batman feats despite being in the real world like with Superman in secret identity or have him deal with the actual results of trying to be Batman

I want this.

Except maybe not gets powers of Wonder Woman and except maybe finds powered parts to the outfit. The tiara, bracelets, etc.
Makes her stand out a bit more.