What's the purpose of Cartoon Network now?

What's the purpose of Cartoon Network now?

They don't air that many shows to be considered a cartoon channel anymore, and also they're not good enough to be a toy company like Hasbro.

CN on other countries doesnt have a retarded schedule like USA.

Hell, CN is in a lot of countries, among the top 5 most of whatched cable channels.

I really have no idea on why the schedule on USA is so retarded. Doesnt make sense.

There's a theory that they're intentionally trying to tank the channel (there's some plausible reason why they would do it about money)

>There's a theory that they're intentionally trying to tank the channel
That's retarded, why would ANY business company try to tank themselves?

>I really have no idea on why the schedule on USA is so retarded.
because Drumpf

nigga what

>That's retarded, why would ANY business company try to tank themselves?
Because they want a top spot in next season's cartoon draft?

you could always, just, ya know, change the channel or turn the tv off.

>using drumpf unironically
>being on Sup Forums unironically

Pick one. Obvious sarcasm.

Maybe they want to follow in Disney's footsteps and make their own Netflix-style streaming service. Seems like a lot of channels are gonna head that way. Then they can team up and offer several of the streaming services bundled together for one price.

Ever seen "The Producers"?

Nope.

elaborate

I think it's some kind of larger Warner/Turner tax write off scheme where they can just write off their dying channels as huge losses now while they still can remain solvent and move to a digital platform rather than holding onto the dying medium of television and crashing the company. They can't just pull out because that would crash the whole industry instantly and bode very poorly for shareholders, but if they intentionally tank and make a smooth transition to digital mid tanking then they have a chance to survive. It's a fairly crazy idea but I kinda get it

I heard that the current manager is trying to shift the viewer base to move to apps and mobile by forcing people to use it to get to the shows they want.

>Then they can team up and offer several of the streaming services bundled together for one price.
That's just cable with extra, and not to mention annoying, steps. Makes sense they'd do it. Nearly every major media conglomerate is attempting to make their own streaming service, so naturally they'll make the content fractured enough to the extent some people will have to bundle their streaming services, just to see what they want. That's internet cable.

Damn that's evil.

>toy company
>hasbro
>good
Today i will remind them

Go watch it, it's great. The original 1967 version, not the shitty remake with Matthew Broderick.

The Producers is a Mel Brooks movie where two producers try to exploit a loophole while making a play. It's a little complicated, but basically, if a play flops, then it gets written off and they won't have to pay back their investors. They then tell dozens of investors "if you give me a lot of money, you get 30% of the profits." This means they now have a lot of money and they can pocket it, but only if the play in question is a complete flop.

So they go out of their way to make the worst possible play, to ensure it won't even hit opening night. They hire a flamboyantly gay queen to direct, a drugged-out beatnik to be the lead actor, and a crazy ex-Nazi to be the writer. The result is Springtime For Hitler, a ridiculously camp musical where Hitler is the protagonist and played by a man who doesn't know he's there.

Trouble is, when the audience sees a beatnik in a Hitler outfit slurring incoherent slang next to a woman with German pretzels for a bra, they assume the play is actually supposed to be an absurdist comedy and totally love it, and it becomes a smash hit... and then the main characters realize they're about to lose millions of dollars.

Basically, a Producers scheme is one where you're deliberately trying to fail, because there's some kind of benefit to doing so.

Hello /x/. I also heard a theory that you suck dick and it's extremely plausible that its because you're gay

Why don't those fags stop "premiering" shit movies nobody wants to see. Let see egotrip or big picture show.

Makes sense since making new series would be too progressive of a company and we should just reuse perfectly good old episodes and series

They're not trying to tank it per se but they are making decisions that will inflate their profits in the short term but ruin the business in the long term.

This is called "lining the golden parachute". Executives getting as much money for themselves as possible before either bailing or letting the company go under.

However CN is not likely to fully go under. Time Warner will eventually step in and restructure the company.

I must have watched the remake then because the one I saw definitely had Broderick in it, I actually liked it though
Is the original much better?

The remake is pretty okay, but it's got problems. Mostly in the fact that it's technically an adaptation of a musical that was itself an adaptation of a film, which shows in some places.

The original... well, it was good enough that even its musical was a big enough deal to get a film based on it. You tell me. They're basically the same story, but Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder just sell it a lot better.

The original is basically the reason it's okay to joke about Hitler.

>Let see

It's always been ok to make fun of him. He doesn't lose any respect

There no point, they are offing themselves at this point.

>Hello faggot. I also heard a theory that you suck dick and it's extremely plausible that its because you're gay

>that its because you're gay

*that it's because you're gay

Sometimes you don't get any choices with kids.

>"What's the purpose of Cartoon Network now?"

Woah woah woah I'll give you calling Broderick shit, but you can't just say that when Nathan Lane is in it too

To move watching cartoons to online and get kids off of the TV.

Yes, I think they current head of CN (who is known to be changing the tone of CN to a semi-very young (5-6 years old) kids channel), and I think she really wants kids to not watch cartoons on TV for hours straight.

He never had any respect from people to lose any.

>I think they current head of CN

These shows suck

These shows were the best

See also Uwe Boll

Over the garden wall was a fucking masterpiece tho