Dumbing of Age

Tonight, Joe is a cool dude, but I sincerely question the overtones that Willy is trying to portray here.

I'm especially fond of the fact that Joyce glosses over the fact that Amazi-Girl let him escape in the first place while she was attacking innocent party-goers.

And after all that Ryan is STILL alive to rape another day or something.

well someone has to take up the mantle now that Dr. Light has been changed since new52

It's still extremely convenient how nobody came forward about Ryan on their own volition and had to be prompted by a targeted campaign and a stabbing to say "Hey, he raped me."

Also, I think Joe's upper torso grew three sizes.

Also, does anybody else notice the tonal shift between Joyce being all "You need to be careful with what you do and what you say" into "Yeah, that guy got fucked up real good" and finally "Be the man that he and Ethan never were for me"?

Also also, Joyce is really talking like how people (especially teenagers) don't actually talk to each other in the last panel. Maybe it's a side effect of stumbling into the void of the blankness behind the panels.

I still feel like nothing of importance has happened in this Dumbiverse day, but I'm glad that it's almost over. The password is "affirm".

Your rating of women by physical attractiveness in a semi-public forum is totally comparable to rape.

comic bad

opposite of comic good

why do these threads exist

>I still feel like nothing of importance has happened in this Dumbiverse day

Pretty much. Willis wanted to do a down day to ease the dramatic happenings of Ryan and his fate. But of course he does it in the dumbest way possible with a dumbass cliffhanger and dangling a carrot on a stick.

>It's still extremely convenient how nobody came forward on their own volition and had to be prompted by a targeted campaign say "Hey, he raped me."

Seriously this line of thought is more harmful than good. It's like if I likened someone who gets into fights to a murderer.

>the password is affirm
Goddamn, never would have guessed that one. I guess my win streak dies at two.
>Joyce is really talking like how people (especially teenagers) don't actually talk to each other in the last panel
That's one of Willy's faults that I don't think will ever be corrected. He speaks through all of his characters in the way that he would speak...if he had the time to write his own conversations before he had them.

>If I'd known...
What?
I'm not being willfully obstuse, I just don't know what he would've done differently. I'd say he didn't mean for anyone to find out, but he did tell Raidah, so maybe he could've been more discreet? I dunno, we'll never know.

Anyway I'm all for treating people like people generally. But I still think a little bit of sexual objectifying can be fine as long as you don't go nuts. And interestingly, Ryan pretended not to do it, when that was his primary goal. I think Joe being upfront is probably better than completely hiding your intentions. Sexuality is really taboo in a weird way that I don't think we'll ever get past.

>List of Ryan's injuries
I can't believe he's not fucking dead. Honestly the bat could've done him in, let alone Amber's attempt to cut him to death.

So Walky just builds things up and then just half-asses the resolution?

I mean Becky going to Joyce's house could have been a serious dramatic event where Joyce has it out with her family once and for all, but it just peters out

Well I don't think Ryan was being protected by members of the government and the royal family.

Also while I don't question uncle Jimmy's guilt in general, I imagine more than a few of those claims ARE fake, I mean he's dead, if you were ever alone with him you can now grab yourself some no questions asked compensation money.

The fuck is this shite?

"Joe, just affirm the humanity he denied me. That's the greatest revenge"
vs
"Joe, just treat me like a human being. That'd be good enough."

'Affirm the humanity he denied me' -- who even talks like that? What kind of 18 year old, sans the weird ones who spend too much time thinking about this stuff, talks like that?

Dumbing of Age, otherwise known as Soapboxing of Manchild.

But what if he was user? What if Willis will reveal in a later comic that Prince Philip was behind everything.

Raping Ryan - Prince Philip
Mary's woes - Prince Philip
Racist mixed race parents - Prince Philip
Toe Dad - Prince Philip
The Titanic disaster - Prince Philip
He pulled off the Diana thing, he can pull this off too.

All redneck fundies talk like that

I think that Willis still thinks he's writing superheroes and villains in his mind, so he gives them a bunch of completely awkward and overwrought dialogue. Sometimes it's to the point that it gets in the way of even understanding what they mean.

It would be funny if Joe "affirmed Joyce's humanity" by treating her as the annoying little busy-body she is.

He raped 4 women.

He'll be in jail for at LEAST 2 months.

Im going to google it but what the fuck is it about generally speaking I dont need much.

>It's still extremely convenient how nobody came forward about Ryan on their own volition and had to be prompted by a targeted campaign and a stabbing to say "Hey, he raped me."
Bro, say what you will about everything else in this whole plot arc but this particular situation happens all the fucking time. Like, half of the news stories you hear about rapists who do get convicted have some mention about how they'd been getting away with it for ages before someone stepped up in the first place.

obligatory edit

He didn't rape Joyce.

Fair enough. It still seems like an asspull that apparently Ryan decided to stop raping (or attempting to rape) chicks in the month and a half between the party and the stabbing.

Like, seriously, what was Ryan just doing all that time?

>happens all the fucking time.
I doubt it.
Matter of fact most rape cases are not reported because they dont happen.
>law faggots is my buddy.
But go head and tell me how violent crime is on the rise in a year where crime is at an all time low.

same reason as every thread on Sup Forums, so we can shit on it

Fuck you, Joyce, don't keep bringing up those 3 other girls when you did fuck all personally to have Middle-Name-Ryan arrested because you didn't want your parents to find out and take you out of school.

>most rape cases are not reported because they dont happen
>rapes don't happen
are you retarded?

6 weeks!

>...I had no idea that something like that happened to you...if I'd have known...
>Joe, it wasn't just me. There were at least three other girls. If it hadn't happened to me, would you feel the same way? Think about that.
>You're the girl in that Facebook thing, about the preacher boy with the gash on his face?
>Yeah, that gash is from me.
>Neat.
>Don't...don't say that. I know it's wrong but when I think about the pain he's in it makes me happy. I even told Amber I'm glad she knifed him and wish she'd killed him. I don't like being happy about that.
>You shouldn't beat yourself up about it, Joyce. It'd be weird if you didn't get a little enjoyment out of it. I don't think God's going to hold it against you.
>I don't want you to validate how I feel; I just want you to understand what I feel and why I feel that way.

If your last rape attempted ended with a glass to the face followed by a homerun derby on the back of your head, you'd probably lay low too.

>For good

Jesus Frank that's dark

Well then why the fuck wouldnt you report it then cunt?
Jesus.
Because you are lying and have no proof.
Boom, people call the cops over fucking noise at 6 in the after noon but not on a rapist who pumped his cum into your roast beef snatch?
Again lies and it didnt happen.
That or women love it.
>R U RETAR DUUR,
Nice argument.

And yet again crime and violent crime is an all time low unless you live in a black neighbor hood.

>glass to the face followed by a homerun derby on the back of your head, you'd probably lay low too.
Or you know call the police and let the big dogs rape him/police shoot him.
But ya know lets play vigilante because grrl power.

Goddammit why don't we just write our own comic?

Christian girl goes to college, learns how Christians and parents are actually shit and gays and trannies and lesbos are awesome. The writer is, surprise surprise, an ex Christian fundie who's turned into a liberal fundie. The plot moves at a snail's pace. Every single character is hateable, especially the ones you're supposed to like.

That was in response to the question of what Ryan was doing in the mean time. Honestly this entire arc could have played out the exact same with Joyce going to the cops since all they had to work with was a description of Ryan.

>scar on face.
Again this dude would have be arrested in a second in the real word.
>sjws.
Yupp lets cry rape but not go to the cops so I can beat some one up with out penalty.

Joyce wasn't even raped. Why is she so on this?

she got literally drugged and barely escaped thanks to a lot of lucky breaks.

Joe: "Nothing I do matters, I am a bad person, my lifestyle and jaded attitude are a result of my depressing, nihilistic self-image."

Joyce: "But how do I make this about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?"

Seriously, Willis's thought Police beliefs are insane.

I still hate how Joyce got shafted in Rapin Ryan's plot just to give Willis's pet characters development.

For god's sake, he had Joyce almost raped and traumatized just to give a villain for Amber and her story. Joyce got nothing. You'd think Willis (someone who constantly criticizes Comics of doing the same thing) wouldn't do such "sexist" lazy writing.

Don't forget that this is a serious grounded story. Said serious grounded story has a fat yellow vilgilante who everyone can't tell who it is despite being obvious. Also the laws of physics and gravity disappear rapidly change.

also it features crazy guntoting fundies and comic book villains like mary.

It's easy to fix a shitty bike, it's hard to build a bike from scratch.