Why is this considered edgy?

Why is this considered edgy?

but if it were this nobody would care

What the fuck is this?

this book was fucking atrocious.

>reddit
one of the most entertaining books ever

>Netflix shills trying to salvage their Millarworld buyout already
When did Batman ever rig someone's vagina to collapse?

The villain implants a bomb in a girls uterus so she can never have kids if they abort the baby the villain artificially inseminated her with using her gay brother's sperm.

>this book was fucking atrocious.
>one of the most entertaining books ever
These are not mutually exclusive. Nemesis is an entertaining as fuck read and also a crime against comics. It's not, like Aunt May is Peter's real mom after cheating on Uncle Ben with Peter's dad bad, but it's pretty worthless as anything but storytime of pain fodder.

The funny thing is, if you pitted Nemesis against Rick, Nemesis would look like a little baby and beg for mercy 5 minutes in. He's entry tier edge at best.

That page in itself wouldn't be considered edgy. As you pointed out, it's typical for modern comics.

That book as a whole certainly crossed into the realm of ridiculous edge, but that individual page is a terrible example.

If Batman did this, people would most definitely consider it edgy

I mean that page wouldnt be out of place in allstar batman and robin.

But the entire comic taken together? Muuuch edgier than any batman story

And lets not forget she had fuckin triplets.

And somehow the badguy behind everything knew exactly what would happen down to fucking triplets a decade in advance

I want batman nemesis to be edited in its completion.
I want to see batman rig a teenagers womb to explode.

Dude, I'm right there with ya. This looks incredible

oh you're one of those user.
anyone who doesn't like what i like must be from reddit.

go back to tumblr user you'd fit in better there.

It doesn't matter what color the costume is,
some guy snapping 3 necks at once somehow is both stupid and edgy.

>why is gratuitous amounts of gore edgy
It adds nothing to the story except shock value and it hasnt been shocking since the 80s. It doesnt make a story mature. It makes it juvenile.

I hate Batman for this very reason.

Nemesis. Psuedo-realistic crime drama, with a Batman-class supervillain as the core bit of weirdness.

It's... Yeah, this is pretty indicative, actually. It's a silly read that tries to take itself seriously.

Hm. I googled it on a whim, and stumbled into a site called Faderplay when I clicked GetComic's read now button - Claims to have rather a lot of stuff behind its paywall, and google is failing me. Anyone know if their legit or just a scam?

I'd still hate it. Batman is lamest when he's basically superhuman. If Bruce takes down a lot of enemies, it's only cool when he's tactical about it and does stuff like picking them off or using theatrics.

Fuck off Millar, you're the most overrated writer ever. The Ultimates was shit.

I would. Batman saying "bitch" is the instant sign of edgy.

I clicked the download button and got it for free no complications. Your doing it wrong

Why did McNiven's art look so shitty in this comic anyway?

To fit the content.

I always felt the "rigged her uterus to collapse" thing is a good indication of the problems with Millar's writing.
I mean, obviously the edgy but somehow still sanctimonious shit, sure. but also the narrative weakness. He just does it. There's no explanation of how he does it, or why it's possible, even in universe, we just have the doctor shrug and say "he did it but we don't know how" while simultaineously having perfect knowledge of it enough to know that whatever he did, any attempt at ending the pregnancy would result in her permanent sterility.

That's a really weird combination of omniscience exposition and handwaving that I as near as I can recall is unique to Millar