Toonami Ratings for 8/12/17

Outlaw Star will replace GitS at 2:30am this Saturday.

Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans S2 will replace Tokyo Ghoul in October.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Set for 2018.

Last week, the ratings were mildly less shit, this week they shifted back down. Jojo is starting the trend of a massive drop from its lead show that its first seasons had. Lupin got BTFO by Naruto, and while not part of Toonami, Jack hit fabled 200k numbers.

11:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 901 0.41 531
11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 844 0.39 498
12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 680 0.31 404
12:30a Tokyo Ghoul 622 0.27 341

1:00a Hunter X Hunter 567 0.26 332
1:30a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 459 0.19 248
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 501 0.21 273
2:30a Ghost in the Shell (r) 389 0.17 222
3:00a Attack on Titan (r) 365 0.17 220
3:30a Samurai Jack (r) 299 0.13 170

Nothing too special out front

8:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 0.41 622 0.23 299
8:30 Dragon Ball Super 0.50 751 0.32 414
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.43 617 0.27 349
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.52 808 0.37 469

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.62 963 0.44 569
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.71 1164 0.54 698

And garbage in the back

4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 323 0.16 202
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 330 0.17 218

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 417 0.22 279
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 490 0.24 314

Best

>inb4 Ryuko

>jojo 680k
I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN

It amazes me how people will drop Lupin and come back for Naruto.

how big is your demarco edit folder

Is Toonami going to die again because of demarco's shit taste

Toonami is going to die because TV is dying. Anime is freely available in a million other places without needing cable. Hell anime fans were probably some of the first people to drop cable altogether. Demarco is raking the coals of a dead market.

So these are apparently the numbers on weeknights:
>11:00 - Family Guy - 1.5 million
>11:30 - Family Guy - 1.75 million
>12:00 - Robot Chicken - 1.25 million
>12:15 - Robot Chicken - 1.05 million
>12:30 - Mike Tyson Mysteries - 950k
>12:45 - Aqua Teen - 910k
>1:00 - Squidbillies - 870k
>1:15 - Moral Orel - 820k
>Rest of night somewhere between 600k and 800k

Its certainly not helping matters but nowadays its just easier to watch anime online.

>Aqua Teen does better than Dragon Ball Super

Why

>drop boring scooby doo tier nonsense for a mature show with an actual plot
Yea wow why would anyone ever want to skip Lupin?

Because Aqua Teen is actually good

>AS is now pulling TG ratings from last year
Face it, CN as a whole is dying. The daytime is just TTG, Gumball and OK KO for 14 hours straight and AS is just McFarlane's crap and the same reruns of robot chicken we've all seen a million times. Between that and their overuse of bomb scheduling, CN offers almost nothing new or interesting to tv anymore. All cable networks are suffering because of the streams but most of them try to keep relevant by experimenting with new shows and keeping their blocks interesting. It's become obvious that CN's given up by now so why don't they just kill the channel already?

Not as big as you'd think, maybe 50 images or show. I haven't been very motivated to make them lately.

RIP Based Master Shake

Outlaw Star is vibes. Cannot wait.

I call bullshit on Moral Orel getting above 300,000 viewers. That shit is ratings cancer.

yeah if lupin is only getting 450k, surely MO would be much much lower

>Naruto
>Mature

Yes. 2018 is likely to be our last year. After the shit summer we've had ratings-wise, I wouldn't be surprised if plans were already being discussed about shutting down the block after FLCL airs next year.

They will probably record some generic TOM bumpers and keep on an hour of Super or something. For whatever reason AS always wants some anime on so they can say they air it.

Really makes you think

AS used to air anime on weeknights after about midnight or so after ATHf and the usual Family Guy reruns. I remember staying up late to watch Red Jacket Lupin, YuYu Hakusho GitS, Paranoia agent, Big O and others well past my bedtime. If the block does die, I at least hope we get that back.

>if the one night anime block can't stand I hope it expands to weekday

Yeah "Toonami" is never going to die again. They will keep the moniker applied to some sort of block on Adult Swim until the day AS ceases to be a cable network.

Nigga that was like 10 years ago. And for a while some anime on weeknights like Big O and Inuyasha was only slotted in the 5 AM death slot.

Stop asking for MHA

This.

At this point, its just the AS animrle block with Toonami's name slapped on it.

Unless AS doesnt exist anymore, its going to stick around

>more people are watching 12 year old reruns of DUDE CHRISTIAN LMAO claymation shit in the dead of night than new anime premieres on saturday nights

kill me now lads

What are your best memories of toonami and toonami general? Space dandy threads were the best.
>it'll never be that good again

McGuirk bro (also in 2013 and 2014 watching the block before Toonami when it still had cool shows like Home Movies and The Venture Bros and The Boondocks)

GXP was the most fun. Watching horrible shows with other people somehow elevates the material.

Toonami related news from Otakon:
>Discotek has licensed the 2001 Cyborg 009 series and will be releasing it on DVD and SD-BD
>The Discotek release of Lupin Part 4 will be two separate releases, one containing just the dub and another for just the Japanese audio. The reason being that there are differences beyond just the different music that make it impossible to sync the two tracks up as they are. Discotek attempted to make an offer to TMS to recut the dub on their own dime so there would only be one release, but TMS refused the offer, stating bluntly "the Japanese music is for the Japanese audio, the international music is for the dub".
>Gundam Wing BD in December
>G Gundam BD next year
>Gundam Seed (and Seed Destiny) are being redubbed completely to match the recut HD remaster

SAO when people actually saw that the AIDS girl din, in fact, have AIDS.

I miss the good OC.

The laffs were too good.

SAO was a magical ride.
Ghoul is just too bland.

>people prefer something good over some of the worst anime money can buy
Wow, what a shock

It's plug is going to be pulled because people nowadays can go on streaming sites like Crunchyroll anytime for their anime fix.

None of that has anything to do with Toonami

Outlaw Star is being really weird on the schedule. For some reason the episode title and rating are missing from every single schedule source, even though we're clearly starting from the first episode (right?) and it should be rated by now. My cable guide and Zap2it are still showing the old TV-Y7 rating.

>August 8, 2015 (two years ago)
12:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,608,000
12:30 AM Kill la Kill 1,284,000
1:00 AM Michiko & Hatchin 1,104,000
1:30 AM Sword Art Online II 1,020,000
2:00 AM Naruto Shippuden 1,025,000
2:30 AM One Piece 878,000
3:00 AM Attack on Titan 793,000

>August 13, 2016 (one year ago)
11:30 PM Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,666,000
12:00 AM One Punch Man 1,366,000
12:30 AM Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 1,058,000
1:00 AM Hunter x Hunter 914,000
1:30 AM Naruto Shippuden 795,000
2:00 AM One Piece 658,000
2:30 AM Parasyte -the maxim- 590,000

>February 25, 2017 (6 months ago)
11:30 PM Dragon Ball Super - 1,232,000
12:00 AM DBZ Kai - 1,162,000
12:30 AM Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure - 974,000
1:00 AM Gundam Unicorn - 907,000
1:30 AM Hunter X Hunter - 827,000
2:00 AM Naruto: Shippuden - 767,000
2:30 AM One Piece - 603,000
3:00 AM Ghost in the Shell - 579,000

JUST

It was the same way for One Piece since 2013. Still listed as Y7. It's not gonna get updated

>implying Demarco won't see "new dub" and pick up Gundam Seed
Also the Lupin part is entirely relevant.

Will FLCL 2 and 3 revive Toonami?

Unless it's going to be ON Toonami, it's not Toonami news. No one cares about BD releases

>will something no one wanted fix the block
No

so let me get this straight
>mid 2015
>quintuple millions; high: 1.6 mil, low 793k
>mid 2016
>triple millions; high 1.6 mil, low 590k
>early 2017
>double millions; high: 1.2 mil, low 580k
>mid 2017
>0 millions, high: 901k, low 299k

We're fucked

No. There's almost nothing Demarco or any of the brass can do when its more of a convenience thing. Most of the shows they air are years old and have been available on various streaming services in the interim before they even hit TV (not to mention the numerous illegal options).

It was going to die regardless and i admit its impressive that it's stuck around for what? 5 years now?

I tuned out back after SAO ended and am glad i jumped ship when i did

Gundam SEED was ass and if the previous two Gundams being duds on air is any indicator i wouldn't hold my breath

>wait all week for toonami
>Saturday comes
>Sup Forums gets bombarded by antifa LARPers because this fucking place won't stop until it becomes a Sup Forums colony

I hate you faggots so much that I actually want Google to buy the site

huh?

Possibly. I doubt it will reach Jack levels in terms of numbers, but its a unique thing they have.

Are you the same user that got buttmad while defending the chinless faggots?

If not, you're still a faggot.

Can't wait for the Blurays

I hope they put in the effort like they're doing with Wing

They could stop airing crap

t. sam hyde

sorry about your show btw

Only faggot I see is you and that fat bitch who bum rushed a moving Charger

Why the shit would i wait 7 days and stay up until 1:30 AM to watch some show that Netflix probably has had in its entirety for months? This was inevitable. Anime as a market pivoted to online when it became feasible to deliver content right from the source in a semi-expedient manner. Waiting months for a dub to be made and aired on TV is antiquated.

i bet FLCL will get sub million ratings kek

I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about right now.

So yeah, you are the dumbass who defended them before getting assblasted into deleting your thread. Good to know!

>using Sup Forums outside of Toonami threads

It was a Challenger

For fun, like people did 2012-2015
>air garbage
>worse yet, air garbage everyone already watched
>wtf ratings are bad
Things wouldn't be this bad if they had some obscure titles that encouraged even a few people to tune in weekly

As sad as this is, it's probably true. Most people interested in the original series are grown adults now. Most have homes, jobs, families and have given up a lot of the hobbies they had years ago, including anime. Anyone really interested will watch the block but most will just end up streaming it online when they get some free time rather than stay up until midnight on a Saturday every week for who knows how long.

I thought you guys said the meme part of Jojo was supposed to save the block since it is favored by the "normalfag" crowed?

>when the commie gets triggered

Maybe you should eat then you won't be grumpy.

Oh wait lol

>thread's been up for a little under two hours now
>still no Ryuko poster
It really is just about over, isn't it?

People interested in the original series won't even watch the new season because they know they are just trying to cash in on nostalgia. FLCL is a complete series that didn't need more seasons

I don't understand your posts or how they relate to me. You're making my brain rot, pepeman.

>taking Jojobrony delusions seriously

I heard them doing this to their schedules is done purposely to kill the channel.

>he's still replying

Rent free

He's been known to be late to these threads before.

>but TMS refused the offer, stating bluntly "the Japanese music is for the Japanese audio, the international music is for the dub".
The fuck is malfunctioning with these faggots?

It was a meme like three years ago when Part 3 aired in Japan and all the memers just watched the subbed streams. It really doesn't help that the SC dub's VO quality is nowhere near as good as the Jap dub.

No, Christina Miller is just an idiot.

so what's in all of those that we don't have now, it must be the true savior of the block

Well when he gets here would you mind passing the following along:

Where you belong

Less competition from streams and the shows were either fun or fun to shit on.

>the block is averaging 50% fewer viewers than it was two years ago

kill me

The cool feeling of Toonami being back slowly, gradually died, and more and more people started not watching TV as much in general, realizing that it's much easier to stream whatever they want to watch.
As fun as it is, Toonami is a block that can't pull big numbers in the current day and age.

Anyone else just instinctively turn Toonami off the moment Tokyo Ghoul is announced next? Like, I'd probably sit through HxH and Lupin if they were before TG, but I don't, I just go to sleep when TG is announced.

Exactly when did everything go wrong for this block?

when it decided to come back in an age where streaming is the de-facto method of viewing foreign content

Japan for Japanese

hey
hey
hey
just air hero academia lol
it's form
it's already popular
or we can do Dragon maid

The signs started to show back on Shogo 162, HxH was the actual beginning of the gradual downfall.

Shows with good waifus

Mid 2016 when HxH started, that was the day Demarco decided to fill 90% of the block with long runners

>turning off the best show of the night

What show is this again? Friends?

What? I'm confused. It didn't premiere on netflix though? Hell the dub isn't even on netflix as far as I know

DeMarco didn't like Gundam Seed. It's not getting on the block.

DeMarco needs to get his shit straight. The problem is that Hulu has the exclusive rights, not Netflix.

Gundam in general has been tanking so why bother

And yet he's fine with IBO.