So did this episode rekindle your faith in the series? because it sure did for me

So did this episode rekindle your faith in the series? because it sure did for me.

...Why?
The vindicators were inconsistent and just became whatever was needed to prove Rick right.

No, it snuffed it out.

I never cared in the first place.

It was enjoyable, and by that I mean the bare bottom of enjoyable, just enough to warrant a second watching while I did some dishes. Also, notice something.
>All female writers now.
>Female is a leader.
>She gets away with no ramifications.
All the men killed, the woman lives, should have ended with her getting killed somehow.

Not really. From the start, Rick said that they were a bunch of hacks. They just covered it up as the situation got worse.
What am I noticing? Didn't Tammy get away with killing Bird Person last season? Didn't Evil Morty get away in the season before that? Supernova wasn't even the leader - it was Vance.

/r9k/ please go

>create original, somewhat interesting team of superheroes
>Use them for the standard 'super heroes aren't as super or heroic as you thought' trope

I mean I get what they were going for but I'd almost rather they just created some parody characters of popular heroes if they're just going to kill everyone off.
Like, Rick was making fun of Ghost Train for using a train to do everything but I would unironically like to see him do that. I'm almost positive there are no 'train' super heroes and they managed to make a kind of cool original character just to be used as a pretty unoriginal plot device. But maybe I'm just being a cape fag.

I kind of wished they didn't subvert the thing with the rocket, and noop noop. Made it actually about Morty.

I would say that her being a bitch and being the only super hero of this team to survive actually leaves her as a very interesting villain for later on, but this series already has like 20 loose threads they still need to tie up and it would almost be an insult if they made her the character that came back.

All I know is that we should set fire to that ant thing.

its pretty much The Impossibles with Venture Bros. Cept that was actually good at running the bit.

Because its better writing.

I wasn't bothered by episodes 2 and 3, but this was pretty poor.

Was it a girl or a guy?

That would mean those that wrote it working with other women that wrote other episodes and sharing credit.

Not gonna happen with how they got hired and their ambitions.

I laughed a lot with this episode, so yeah

I mean the Impossibles were a great critique on the FF and even better, they eventually stopped being parodies and became real fleshed out characters. This episode just seemed like half the writing team wanted to make a 'super heroes suck' episode and the other half of the team were actually psyched about creating a fun team of original super heroes.
Vance was the closest thing to a parody, like some kind of cross between Iron Man and Starlord but they only really used him for some shock humor that felt like a Family Guy gag.

OK, you're now attributing general asshole behavior, that is found in all humans, to genitalia. I feel the need to point this out to you because I find the idea of you using this as an excuse to not talk to women really sad.

Lot could have been done with them not being the focus. Have them be successful heroes showing up Rick and then leaving and then later on in another episode have them drop the bomb they are kinda shit.

But then have some kinda thing where Rick has to force them back together since they are a symbol or something and while that doesn't mean anything to him he gets its important.

>Not really. From the start, Rick said that they were a bunch of hacks. They just covered it up as the situation got worse.
Crocobot?

Am I the only one who hates Morty now? I liked the old Morty who barely knew anything and was just like "Oh jeez Rick" and was constantly terrified. He was a funny representation of how the normal person would be in that situation.

No, it was a boring predictable episode with boring predictable results.

Know what would have been unique and interesting? The Heroes WERE Heroes and they made Rick obsolete and shown for what he actually is.

Either of these scenarios would have been good. Hell, I would have been fine if Morty was actually able to witness Rick being nice to him for once at least then it would of felt like something of consequence happened in the episode. The 'Rick is fucked up and really smart' thing has been established every fucking episode so I was hoping they would go somewhere new with it this time.

I'll admit I do really like the idea that Morty has had to get really adept at dealing with drunk RIck death traps.

His character is getting more fleshed out, he's going from being a blank slate we can kind of plug ourselves into and changing into someone who has a unique opinion as to what's going on.
I don't always like who he's becoming but I'd much rather he stay dynamic rather than just be the same freaked out kid from episode one.

I enjoyed that Rick revealed how truly ugly they all were and in doing so, allowed them to just kill each other like a kill jar.
And why hasn't anyone mentioned the fact Nova wanted to kill Morty for no reason other them him being with Rick?

the girl looks like a deviantart OC and that put me off

I remember the pasta about Sherlock that talks about Stupid people thinking Smart people are wizards and that's how they write them.

That's how I feel about Rick now. I feel like the new writers seem to think because Rick is super smart, he needs to be RIGHT all the time, and the only place he's wrong is his -Feelings-

It's very bad writing.

For the people who liked this shitty episode, please name some jokes, because i didn't laugh at anything

I didn't like the episode. But the only parts that made me chuckle were the "Morty Adventures" card and the train ride being dedicated to Noop Noop and nota Morty. That's it

>Not really. From the start, Rick said that they were a bunch of hacks. They just covered it up as the situation got worse.
Remember how ant man killed that guy?
Then turned around to try and stop the chick from killing Rick and Morty?

Rick gets away with just about everything he does as well though

I liked the israel joke. Some of the other humour was very S1 like too. However, it follows the S3 trend of almost straight up parody which S1 tried to avoid. Even their nightmare on elms st. was spliced with inception making for a funny blend of the concepts. This premise was very bland.
C+/B- needs work but I can see you're improving

the super soldier died because he was really a coward

ghost train and million ants died because of woman drama.

crocobot literally did nothing wrong. dies anyways because rick's trap had a right answer that the Vindicators could never guess right. since the trap was set on the assumption that rick and morty wouldn't be there.

it make it clear the show is fucking dead to me
>boring episode
>bad jokes
>le evil drunk rick!!
>muh feels moment
>RANDUM ending
the new writers finished the job and killed all the excitement i had for the new season.
If the second half of s2 was bad for me , this was much worse.
Still i have little hope for the Jerry episode but i don't expect anything decent or even good.

Just..

wtf...

This was one of the worst episodes. Not even the creators like it. Pickle Rick was much better. 9/10 episode

Blame Rick for making Morty into a fatalistic wreck. Yet he stills TRIES to keep his inner child alive (unlike Rick)

I liked Morty being really good at defusing bombs.

is wrong with people....

>111 bids
what's stopping you from bottling bbq sauce and selling it with a fake label?

Gotta make the case as well

I wish I could scam people this hard

Crocobot didnt deserve to die. His only mistake was actually expecting Rick's question to be about them and their failings. He never turns on the others, breaks under pressure, or shows himself to be a shitty person.

You already did this in another thread in the exact same way. Also, why did you an extra period every post? Is this some sort of code?

Can't wait for McDonalds to bring back that sauce, labeling those shits completely worthless.

The lack of a B-plot made the pacing weird almost like all the jokes were written by one person convincing others they were funny.
overall it was stand in one place and talk the episode
I'd love to hear the commentary track when the season blu-ray gets released tho

They will probably bring It back with the Mulan live action movie

Ant guy and ghost train man were locked in a room and secretly hated each other. He didn't know Rick and Morty that well and thought they were leaving the "saw" game. It makes sense that his aggression wasn't there any more

>Mulan live action movie
I'll buy a few bottles then, just in case, if this kind of autism will happen again

I could totally believe this is real but it wouldn't taste the same after all this time right?

This post speaks the truth, baby.

>I find the idea of you using this as an excuse to not talk to women really sad.

Let's be honest, you don't. Whenever people on this site say they find something "sad", they're just trying to take the moral high ground, which shouldn't even be a thing because we're all anonymous here. So regardless of how bitter and pathetic that other guy came across as, please, shut the fuck up.

Pickle Rick was the exact opposite though. The whole episode was about how he was wrong to run from his feelings.

>The only place he's wrong is his -feelings-

Read my post again bro.

I know what you meant and it wasn't what I said. Rick's intelligence is the reason for his faults.

Yeah, just call it "Mulan Szechuan Sauce Bottle - Barbecue Sauce" it's not false advertising and a lot of people will but that shit.

Buy* even.

Hell you can probably get it now. Just mix their BBQ sauce with their sweet and sour sauce. Because odds are, that's probably how they made it to save money.

R&M is poopoo doody.

TTG is literally the only good show on tv right now.

I never lost it, but I'm sorry you're so fragile that a couple of episodes that you deem "bad" happening in a row are enough to make you question the entire cartoon

What sorta rekindle my faith was the next episode promo.

I'm okay with her living as long as they bring her back as a villain later.

But I thought that it was male writers who avoided killing women because they feel protective of them.

Too many Rick!

This
Removing Jerry was a really bad move

never lost faith. Its no wonder this season is the highest watched yet with all the better writers

Well, it's the most watched because of all the hype the season 2 finale left, added to the fact that the show's more popular than ever. This does not represent the quality of season 3, rather, its predecessors.

It manifests him as a mary sue too. Who the hell cares anymore? Rick will instantly defeat any obstacle before him in some ass pull way. Its boring and predictable.

>removing the guy threatening to tear the family apart
>bad move
Jerry has nothing to offer the family.

it does when you get several episodes in and people are still coming back for more. Its TV so numbers = quality

I personally didn't like the season 3 starters as any of the previous ones, but I still enjoy the show so I keep coming back. I'm curious as to where they'll go next.

He was the punching bag for Beth. She could take out everything on him and actually be a decent mother for Morty and Summer. Without Jerry, Beth is now spewing venom at her kids and making their lives (and hers) worse.

Being a pathetic comic relief character
Besides his B-plots were always the most interesting
Yes, he is completely useless and a fucking loser (looooseeeer) but this is supposed to be a fucking comedy not Rick-kills-a-bunch-of-things the musical

That was Morty of season 1, when he was still bright eyed about the adventures that Rick would take him to. This is jaded Morty, who still clings to the adventures with the hope that something good will come of them only to be let down in some way every time.

theyve shown in the daycare that beth can be happy without him with that one jewish guy

any fanart?

She can? Yes
Should she be? No. That's not as funny.

TFW The Vindicators get superheroes right.

They all fuck each other and then back stab each other.

Are the Vindicators a satire of X-Men? Because I was getting all sorts of X-Men vibes from them.

There's no weight to it. Nobody cared that they died, not even they themselves. Fuck, even Morty doesn't care and he is supposed to.

The episode would've been better without Vindicators when you think about it. Fuck, here's my pitch. Morty and random human beings in Cube. They all think Morty is some kind of super-retard that can solve the Cube.

I'd like to see the Irken Empire fucking around in Marvel's space.

Did they actually make the woman the leader? Is that the only reason she's the single woman? Haven't seen it yet

The last ep was no better or no worse than any other episode of Rick and Morty. It's always been a 6/10 show and that was a 6/10 episode. It's a dumb, fun show.

No, the dude with red hair is the leader, but he dies first and she takes over from there, basically.

Hey, I watched that Binging with Babish video too.

It wasn't outstanding, but it was fun. Nice silliness and gore juxtaposition. Not a lot of strong jokes, but still consistently entertaining. Weak on the story, obviously. Plus I'm on the fence about Supernova being hot, it's hard to find character attractive with this art style, but she came close in a few shots where her ass was rounder or breasts better animated.

So overall a 7/10 maybe?

I'm pretty sure they were supposed to be a parody of the Avengers and Justice League as a group although the tone and setting is Guardians of the Galaxy, but individual characters are parodies of different supers from all over.

Their superheroes, they'll be resurrected by the next episode. Death in superhero comics has no gravitas or emotional weight.

For superheroes, death is like going to the Betty Ford Clinic for six months.

everyone gets to roast me for using the wrong "they're."

Seriously, their instead of they're.

I'm going to go kill myself now for my idiocy.

Crocobot and Million Dykes did nothing wrong.

Seeing Zim and Rick play off each other might be interesting.

The whole schtick that the sidekick knows what the main character would have planned while everybody else is wrong is a bit hackneyed, the way the "heroes" turned on each other was lazily handled, and the conclusion wasn't really that surprising of a twist either.

I still enjoyed the show, so whatever.

Wow get the fuck over it shitstain. Literally no one cares and neither should you.

>They're superheroes, they'll be resurrected by the next episode
That...
That would actually have been kind of amusing

That was from Hbomberguy's video criticising Sherlock.

Also this

Episode where superheroes are all actually shitty people who do more harm than good, an are killed in over the top gory deaths. And guy on top is cynical asshole who reveals the heroes for what they are.

Was this ghost written by Garth Ennis?

Biggest ball drop of the entire episode

I'm sure you have plenty of real life experience with superheros to be the judge on that.

>magic woman boss lives
>everyone else dies
Can't wait for her return.

I feel like the writers think Rick is a sarcastic asshole 24/7 who has to constantly gives his input on why everything is stupid. The briefing scene with the vindicators is a good example. Rick is constantly being a snobby dickhead in a way that breaks the flow of the episode and it takes the fun out of it. That's the problem with the new writers, they don't know how to write a character like Rick

That's because they're fans that write him as they see him