Silver Surfer #13 storytime

Slott/Allred have really done something wonderful here
hope you like this

if you ignore ASM, Slott's Marvel resume is superb

if you ignore ASM, Slott's resume is actually pretty fantastic, his DC work is genuinely good too

also inb4
>not muhh Silver Surfer
by people who haven't read Marz' run or any amount any of his extended stuff, probably not even Parable either

I really ought to catch up on this. I dropped off just pass the anniversary issue.

I recall a Off-Panel podcast where Slott mentioned that this is the longest Allred has worked on a singular book continuously (No guest artists have been brought in.)

besides Madman right?
this is by far his most emotional work IMO
I have to resize like every image
hopefully it gets an oversized collection
it deserves it

Yeah, I hate the "hurrdurr everything Slott has ever done is retroactively bad because I don't like his Spider-Man" mentality Sup Forums has.

I believe Allred didn't count Madman, as he had fill-in artists.

>for galactus to be a bad guy again

It always warms my heart to see other writers use Ewing's stories. Then again, he's the only other writer to use the Never Queen.

ASM isn't even bad

Slott is secretly a continuityfag
oh interesting! I haven't read it in many many years

I like this book, even if it's only the 3rd time I've ever seen someone storytime an issue.

Man, a lot of the cosmic Marvel doesn't get talked about.

oh good it's finally fucking dead.

eat a million dicks
most good books aren't storytimed, in general

This, I hate that faggots here will shitpost about a popular writer if they wrote even a single thing that offends them. Snyder and Aaron get too much shit because of characterfags as well.

oh no someone doesn't like a book i like, the horror!

Thanks for storytiming, OP, but please try to chill with the fanboyism. I don't even hate Slott but your praise of him in nearly every page is unnecessary.

Ok, I get the feeling she's going to die, but come on, I don't think SS can die from old age.

Oh Slott's 10 fanfiction is finally over?

Aaron sucks though, thanks for trying your darndest ruining X-Men and trying to make evil Loki a thing again
it's very jarring going from reading Gillen and immonen's respective JiM runs to modern Thor

>oh no someone doesn't like a book i like, the horror!
take your own advice and fuck off

>most good books aren't storytimed, in general
Isn't that the truth, I only found out last week that Thanos was still going, I thought it was stuck at issue 3.

the writing is literally doctor who with silver surfer pasted on. if it wasn't for allred's wonderful work, this would be even more hated.

you're welcome, sorry I get a little defensive when writers become memes

>trying to make evil Loki a thing again
I'm still mad about that, at least he seems to be somewhat of an anti-hero in some books and a full on hero in Ms Marvel.

it's better than Doctor Who has been for years though

that's not saying much. but like i said it's allred's art that really does the heavy lifting.

>it's better than Doctor Who has been for years though
fair enough

Yeah but people buy Silver Surfer for Silver Surfer, not Doctor Who fanfiction.

isn't that literately true for everything he's ever been on?

Man, say what you wish about Original Sin and how it ended, but we need more Fury.

I can only count 3 times he's popped up since then.

I am still upset with what Slott did to Shalla Bal.

people don't buy good comic books
what are the sales #s for the most recent Stray Bullets?

What happened to her?

She turned evil so Slott's Donut Steel could be Norrin's one true girl of forever and most important person ever!

Wait, he turned Shalla Bal evil? That sounds like some bullshit.

Became an evil alien leader bent on spreading her culture.

She tried to turn Earth into the New Zenn-La. You also get bonus of Dawn being catty with Alicia Masters and then has Alicia shill her as the Best Thing Ever.

Dawn is fucking terrible.

>imageshit
>good

>comic books
>good

This, only graphic novels are good.

>Man, a lot of the cosmic Marvel doesn't get talked about.
Well yeah. Otherwise it'd break the narrative that Cosmic Marvel has been terrible since DnA left that DnAfags insist on perpetuating and we can't have that.

I really didn't like this series at all. I want Silver Surfer stories to be cosmic epics, not quirky female sidekick. Why does surfer need that?

Hey, at least I got an Allred drawn Agent Venom from this issue.

>I want Silver Surfer stories to be cosmic epics
Yeah, Surfer is also at his best when it's not about Zen-La or Shalla-Bal. I really think Lee's ideas were a mistake. Silver Surfer was a being created by Galactus that betrayed him, his human ( whatever) backstory cheapens The Galactus Trilogy imo

Norrin Radd's also kind of an asshole. " I live on utopia and I'm bored!"

>Slott's shitty OC is dead

Good but I hope someone brings her back and makes her an evil bitch like he did to Shalla Bal

HOW IS IT LIKE WHO?
Man you are like that rare breed that hates aarons xmen. Fags ive met online cant shut the fuck up about how great quentin is in wolverine and the x-men.

I know people give Bendis shit for being a horrible writer but atleast Bendis has put in a few good series. Name one good Aaron series.

He turned dr strange shit, hulk shit, x-men shit, fucking thor shit and ghost riders shit. Everything he touches turns to shit. now he will ruin the uniqueness of the avengers (whatever leftthat wasnt butchered by bendis) with his 1000000BC crap

>but atleast Bendis has put in a few good series
no he hasn't fuck off

>ruining a comic series and staying on it for several years
>all those bad issues of asm have completely overshadowed all his previous work
>being an ass on twitter and forums

And I liked his Mighty Avengers and thought his She-Hulk was good and Spider-man/Torch mini was amazing but all that said, fuck Slott. Nobody is saying his past work is shit, it's that being on ASM and how he's conducted himself for all these years puts him in bad standing with a lot readers which is understandable.

And Silver Surfer is okay at best. I read the first few issues and and the last couple before Secret Wars and a couple this year. Meh.

>it's a "couple of lovers gets to grow old together after a long ripe life in a different dimension" episode
Ehh

Why didn't he just infuse her with some power cosmic so that she could survive until Galan's universe ended?

You can thank the stupid fucking Giffen/DnA casuals for that widespread attitude around here. Never before has a simple rec list unintentionally crippled an entire fanbase like so.

I have so much regret for posting that rec list in every rec thread years ago. How was I supposed to know I'd help create one of the most cancerous fanbases on Sup Forums?

>HOW IS IT LIKE WHO?
You serious? The last scene is pretty much lifted from the Christmas special from a few years ago.

>HOW IS IT LIKE WHO?
Also, Slott is a huge Whovian.

>MCU roster
into the trash it goes

> rare breed that hates aarons xmen
more like you are a rare breed that likes aarons x-men. I can't find a single positive opinion of aarons run

A time travelling alien, whose world was destroyed with a young female companion.

Now am I describing Doctor Who or Slott's Silver Surfer?

>Dan Slott standing next to SIlver Surfer

>a human astronaut and his alien friends travel around the universe in a starship getting in trouble

Am I describing Farscape or GOTG?

Star-Lord is half alien and the title wasn't merely hijinx without objectives until Bendis.

which is like the episode with David Tennant in where he goes human and they see what if he stayed human and they grew old together.

That's exactly my point. Bendis' GOTG was nothing like Farscape outside of the most basic of conceits.

>Why does surfer need that?

Because the fat POS wanted to write Doctor Who and realized Norrin was the closest thing he had for that.

I was about to agree entirely but then I remembered the board rules, so stop shilling and go back to bed, Slott.