Outside of her being cute and waifu bait why do people like Gwenpool?

Outside of her being cute and waifu bait why do people like Gwenpool?

why the fuck do any of you read comics that arn't cute

She appeals to non comic fans and is accessible once you get passed the not everything is done by Gurihiru, her character not done by Hastings is shit, and she's not related to Gwen Stacy or Deadpool barrier

Her comic is pretty good. Hastings is a great writer and Gurihiru compliments his writing perfectly. Your tastes may differ such that you don't like the comic, but the people that do like her like her for that reason.

She's got a likeable personality.

Its a desperate attempt to like something produced by Marvel these days

these
not this

>why do people like Gwenpool?
because when the main creative team is on the issue it's both a well drawn and well written book. Hastings and Gurihiru are doing some really interesting things with their story and it's actually a surprising bit of fun.

Also, she's single-handedly responsible for ruining the entire Marvel Multi-verse.

Remember people: You can hide Gwenpool threads.

This has been a public service announcement.

I sympathize with her escapism, and I actually want her to have a happy ending or at least an entertaining ongoing. Also I'm a sucker for the whole 'aware of being a comic character' concept. It's suffering at its finest.

I don't know if the following is encapsulated by "cute and waifu bait", but, because she is amusing and rolls with the punches, and also I do empathize with her underlying motive for escape, particularly after more recent issues. She also manages to be extremely self-aware without being annoying.

She isn't a groundbreaking study of nerdy failures or some other take on the human condition, but relative to most of her contemporaries in her medium, that's not a place where she really falls short. If that's what you're getting at.

She's Superboy Prime except people here have to hate her because she's Marvel and this is a strictly DC-only board for comics

Okay explain this to me, nerds. If she doesn't like Deadpool comics and think they are LOLRANDOM, then why the fuck is she naming herself after him and doing his lolrandom shtick.

And for gods sake, do they expect me to believe that a pretty girl like her is a social loser?

Come on.

I hate her because her humor is forced and unfunny. Her 4th wall powers are stupid.

Everyone in comic books is attractive. Maybe she didn't originally look like that in her real life.

Also, Gwen Poole is her real name.

hipster lolsorandom since deadpool was taken by normies and Sup Forums cant like him anymore

>Maybe she didn't originally look like that in her real life.

We have seen her in the "real world". Not your typical nerdy girl.

>Gwen Poole is her real name.

HACKS. Still doesn't explain why she stole Deadpool's shtick when she doesn't even read his comics.

>We have seen her in the "real world". Not your typical nerdy girl.

We saw her memory of it, which might not be accurate. There's also the possibility she was never real to begin with.

>Still doesn't explain why she stole Deadpool's shtick when she doesn't even read his comics.

How did she steal his shtick?

You do know her entire existence is the unintended product of a crossover cover, right?

The irony is that issues 12 and 13 of her book lampoon the exact questions you're butthurt about.

hopefully her comic ends soon instead of becoming established beyond a 1 year run.

and it was great

"No."

And it's already going on close to two years.

because it's fun to read?

i dont understand why Sup Forums hates books with attractive characters in them

>Hmm the lolsorandom angle is working with deadpool but how can we make it even worse
>I know we can make a female version that's a Mary Sue!
And thus this cunt was born.

>Gwenpool
>Attractive
It's just the virginity talking, user. Hopefully, you will lose it eventually.

Written by Dr. McNinja

>do they expect me to believe that a pretty girl like her is a social loser?

is that the most unrealistic thing you would find in a comic?

She had to submit a form to have a costume made by discount Edna Mode. This costumer saw "Gwen Poole" as the name and thought that was the schtick she was going for.

Her own lolrandom schtick is her not caring about anyone in the universe because theyre not "real people" which leads to one of her future selves becoming a villain. At one point, she holds an elderly couple hostage and says "help my friends or i kill the background characters."

Use the catalog.

Cause the comic is written well by a man who's been known to make well made wacky comicbook stories.

>why the fuck is she naming herself after him
She isn't. Her name is literally Gwen Poole. She didn't pick that name. Her parents did.

>shitposter that hates Gwenpool spams the board with his autism and falseflags
>USE THE CATALOG
It wouldn't be shitposting then, user. Spamming the board is the goal for him.

because original AND fun
>inb4 animal man

Waifubait doesn't even exist in Japan, and the whole concept is nonsense anyway.

They want to fuck her.

Finally all the faggots that shitted on Sup Forums for being waifufags can experience how does it feel to waifufag something, they just deny it because it's a western character so it doesn't count.

That's they are so obnoxious about it.

>well written book

not true, the comedy SUCKS and the plot is really generic and aimless like most marvel books

Very few people on Sup Forums have a waifu and even fewer have one on Sup Forums.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

>She isn't. Her name is literally Gwen Poole

She is meant to be a comic book fangirl? What kind of fangirl jumps into the comic book world, gets a costume and... uses her real name as her hero identity?

Hackstings can't into writting a decent story

>Very few people on Sup Forums have a waifu
somebody post J. Jonah Jameson laughing

people have different taste

>Waifubait doesn't even exist in Japan
wish that was true

Nobody knows who's she is. She's from the real world she has no background in marvel. Does not matter what she called herself her identity was a mystery from the get go.

I'm not telling myself anything, I'm simply stating how things are.

He can laugh all he wants, doesn't change reality.

It is true.

>people have different taste

sure, is not that the comedy is barely a couple of ''quirky'' lines and anime reaction faces at best.

Why don't you post an example of the comic being funny and then we can see if its a matter of taste ot if is a matter of generic ''not even trying'' comedy

>trying to cover the sun with a thumb

What?

>She is meant to be a comic book fangirl? What kind of fangirl jumps into the comic book world, gets a costume and... uses her real name as her hero identity?

THIS, even with the retarded ass excuse of her real name being Gwen Pool, that doesn't excuase the fact that she never came up with a hero persona, the most basic thing ever

>It's the anti Gwen fag
You have not killed ur self yet?

trying to cover the view of the sun with your thumb is almost as pointless as trying to make people think that Sup Forums is not waifufaggots central, you just can't.

why don't you post a funny page from the book?

Great books speak for themselves, how come that this piece of trash can't?

Just because someone is talking about their waifu doesn't mean they have one. Very few people on Sup Forums actually have one.

it does but you niggers don't actually read it when it's posted, you just see pink and white and go IT'S SHIT

How angry does it make you that ur waifu lady Deadpool does not have an on going

I just read Gwenpool because its entertaining. I don't do "waifus".

>How angry does it make you that ur waifu lady Deadpool does not have an on going

I wouldn't read it anyway, they would probably hire Hacksting to bore me to tears with the it

>it when it's posted, you just see pink and white and go IT'S SHIT

Maybe people think that because pink and white is the only thing it has to offer

stop embarrasing yourself

I did not embarass myself in any way, I simply stated the truth.

>sour grapes

>Maybe people think that because pink and white is the only thing it has to offer
and this is proof right fucking here. Because you don't know who Terrible Eye is.

>uses her real name as her hero identity?
One that doesn't have any loved ones to protect? That's the only reason to hide your real name.

read issue 0

Relatability.

>One that doesn't have any loved ones to protect?

How about doing it just because she loves comic books so much and she wants to be like her heroes?

naaah, too creative

>Because you don't know who Terrible Eye is.

wow, another piece of shit waifu character with a generic personality, you changed my mind about the book, its actually... worse

Characters can't intrinsically be waifus.

>>sour grapes
why? because I don't want to read a comic that would suck?

oh. it's you again

read issue 0

yeah but this is Gwenpool, the writting sucks and even Gwenpool herself was barely developed, let alone her shitty one note side characters.

BTW, Batroc would never train a useless character like her and Arcade was really lame too, totally out of character

>generic personality
the screaming void beyond the veil will devour your insignificant soul.

Beacuse she gives an entire fuck. She from the start asume that was in a "comic world". And everything she do in it has no consecuences.

are you implying great books need to have a funny page in them?

Whether or not you think the writing sucks or someone isn't developed, a character still cannot intrinsically be a waifu.

>>generic personality

post an example of her having a great and interesting personality then

>are you implying great books need to have a funny page in them?

if they are advertised as comedic books? yes, like Gwenpool.

whatever, Terrible Eye still sucks as a character I can tell you that much, even America is better than her and Gwenpool

Did you actually start name fagging

so what kind of comics do you read?

Her first appearances are, indeed, complete trash. Lolsorandumb bullshit on a waifu character copying a previous character and more Gwen Stacy bullshit relating to her origin. I cannot blame anyone who hates Gwenpool out of principle just from reading that.

But, if you push through to her actual book, you realize that she doesn't get away with her shit nearly as much as you'd expect from one of the new Marvel characters, and her genre-sawiness backfires hard on her plenty of times. Side characters are treated nicely and even Batroc is a respected teacher figure instead of a throwaway gag jobber. She's been having to slowly swallow the bitter pill that as comic people are people too, and as much as she has tried to ignore the issue, this current arc seems like the one where we'll see the resolution to that with the Gen/Evil Gwen confrontation.

I mean, it's not high art, but it's a fun enough read and the meta bullshit ride has kept me entertained. I'll take it over the rest of the crap Marvel's shitting out currently any day of the week. I actually barely register it as capeshit in my mind.

no
Ultimates and Silver Surfer from Marvel and a ton of actually great DC books like Superman, Super Sons, Mr. Miracle and anything Grant Morrison

>you realize that she doesn't get away with her shit nearly as much as you'd expect

she kind of does, you never see her having to face lasting consequences.

Even her current arc clearly is going to end with her erasing all the bad things from ever happening

>and anything grant morrison
I FUCKING KNEW IT. YOU ARE THE ANIMAL MAN FAGGOT FROM 3 MONTHS AGO

Filtered

Why do I have the feeling that you haven't actually read any of those comics and you're just saying them because you know they're generally well-liked on Sup Forums? I mean, other than Silver Surfer, which seems like a weird choice regardless of your intentions or tastes barring being an Allred fan, which if you were, you would have mentioned BUG! instead of SS.

Dude the anti Gwen fag is responsible for more than just that. He false flagged so hard on other boards as well with Gwen pool

>if the main character solves the problem it's a shit story with no consequences

>Her first appearances are, indeed, complete trash
>if you push through to her actual book
What? Her only appearances before her book were the three-part Howard the Duck back-ups and the Holiday Special, both of which were included in the #0 which falls in line with how she's portrayed in her own comic. Well, at least the christmas special is. The HtD back-ups are clearly a case of Hastings trying to get his footing, but even then, I wouldn't really call it "lolsorandumb bullshit" or even waifu-bait.

He's been at it since the first couple issues. Dude has been consistently shitposting the same tired arguments for over a year now. I genuinely don't understand how anyone could only be now realising his autism. He's the new Barneyfag.

Why do people keep trying to engage with this raging autist who comes into every Gwenpool thread? Why? You just make him stronger, like thinking about evil Gwenpool.

Then why do you have a name, fag?

>new barneyfag

Jesus Christ why is this the new thing

did you know /mlp/ has their own homegrown Barneyfag who bitches about the EqG specials

>she kind of does, you never see her having to face lasting consequences.

I think the only real case of this is having her friend turn into a ghost and later reviving him. It really fucked that necessary reality check.

Otherwise I believe it's been pretty alright. Doing whatever she wanted while elader of MODOK got her in jail after getting wrecked by fake Spider-Man, her client to turned against her, and even when she tried to fix it all MODOK still went their separate ways.

The current meta arc still hasn't concluded so I'll reserve judgement until it ends.

I used to visit Sup Forums on 8~chan and there was a guy there who went to every single thread pertaining to anime and posted . Many times. Every thread. He must have been at it for a year, and is probably still there.

>Mister Miracle

how about Deadpool becoming her friend in like one page? Or her latest mary sue power of jumping into othe panels?

she didn't earn that, she was special or something

>more Gwen Stacy bullshit relating to her origin.
Deadpool was right I didn't read Gwenpool because I though she was a Stacy if it wasn't for all the threads I wouldn't have bothered reading it

>her first appearances are, indeed, complete trash

imho her first appearances were great
i liked the howard the duck issue really much. even with the bad art it was a fun little story to read
even on issue 1, it started with what we expected, generic quirky girl, but the twist at the last two pages was enough to hook me in completely.
if you go to the archive for issue 1 story time you can see many positive reactions.

Spiderman never earned his powers either you fucking autist.

Man I would love to see that thread.

>how about Deadpool becoming her friend in like one page?

Calling them friends seems like a bit of a stretch, it was just a standard comic team up following a misunderstanding fight, what's the issue? They team up and then part ways never to see each other again, and he verbally trashed her instead of singing her praises. I mean, Deadpool can do whatever the fuck he wants, he's the guy who'll fight the Great Lake Avengers then go crash at their house.

>Or her latest mary sue power of jumping into othe panels?
>she didn't earn that, she was special or something

We're talking about the setting where ever second person is a mutant, a genius, an experiment freak, a super alien or a fucking god. Her story was about meta shit, it progressed until she somehow got meta powers, which are so far limited to hopping wherever she wants and telling dirty secrets. The people who "earn" their strength are usually stuck in street-level

Again, I reserve final judgement on her meta powers until the arc is over, they still have room to fuck it all up.

>Or her latest mary sue power of jumping into othe panels?
>she didn't earn that, she was special or something
spiderman didnt earn his powers, superman didnt earn his powers, silver surfer didnt earn his powers, dare devil didnt earn his powers, fuck you.