Endtown 2017-08-18

This week, in End-

HOLY SHIT!

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/join/1766314/zfGf2A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Today's strip.

I *knew* sticking with the comic would pay off! I've been waiting since February for the turnaround and that horse is still the shittiest cop, but fucking finally we've struck oil.

(Though in all seriousness, given the shit Aaron went through last fall, and he had *another* round of surgery or something over this summer, I'm surprised he didn't quit outright or pull a Prequel.)

So where are they going to go from here. Are Walt and Portia going to start their own investigation, go out looking for revenge, or hole up and hide away from the world as it burns around them?

There's something about that first panel.

>This is the indicator when shit finally hits the fan

>but we don't know if
What else could it be, you literal jackass, motion blur?

>horse
Grout is an ass.

>filename
Jeezis, I know that feeling.

Aaaand I'm back

I knew Endtown would get the lead out eventually

Gas the wolves, those mutts can't be trusted to live alongside civilized animal people.

>Grout is an ass.

This.

Good night, wolf pride.

>death, suffering, and existential horror
Now THAT'S the Endtown I know and love!

Maybe it's just cause I couldn't marathon this like older story arc, but I don't feel the impact as big as other storyarcs had.
Maybe it's cause there was no other answer so I could merely only see it coming?

Either way it's still pretty good.

Endtown suffers from being a three-a-week comic that's still paced like a five-a-week comic. It's nobody's fault, Aaron had to cut back for medical reasons, but the fault is still there and it's not going away.

I find binge reading either at the end of the week or even waiting until the end of the month helps alleviate the pacing problems.

>Linda is pretty thicc

For such a small gal, she has a great body.

head cheese sounds pretty rank. Looking at pictures of it isn't doing me any favors either

>head cheese
ugh

Wouldn't the anthropomorphic fish characters notice the bodies?

The collagen holding it together breaks down if you heat it; make it an ideal ingredient for hot sandwiches. It will help hold everything together while providing super-tender pieces of meat.

Because it is so often very cheap I have considered adding it to stews when I lack proper stock just because the collagen should provide some extra texture to the broth.

They were all eaten by the cat-mutants

>Endtown is on the verge of full-blown pred/prey cannibalism
This is all Jackrabbit's fault

Day of brick soon.

Brawn is great.

Indeed.

Maybe the person who forged the documents for Cooper is the same forger that made the false suicide notes for the pigs. Do you think Cooper knows?

Also probably the reason this was the first skull they found is the person who bought the head from a black market butcher and made the headcheese finally came to his senses after looking at the skull and freaked out and threw it by the dock instead of properly destroying the skull.

>Endtown is on the verge of full-blown pred/prey cannibalism
>This is all Jackrabbit's fault
This
I hope in a twist of fate he gets eaten by a wolf or a fox, and when he asks why they're doing this they just say "They're just following their animal instincts"

It would be amazing if that happened. It would be shocking to see the fallout of someone who acted on their animal/cannibal instincts.

That reminds me, aren't cats carnivore to the tune of they get sick if they don't eat meat?

Too bad it didn't end with them making out.

I wonder if someone's trying to set up the wolves for some reason. Don't get me wrong they're a bunch of assholes but I doubt they would resort to cannibalism. My guess someone's trying two force public opinion away from embracing animal instincts, because if they do the pigs with eat uncontrollably and the wolves will eat the pigs for starters.

>cannibalism
Why a wolf eating a pig would be cannibalism?

In case the question is serious, they are all humans mutated into cartoon animals.

Because they're all were born human except for one that we know about. And two since we know from the previous arc that there isn't a virus that's mutating them we don't know the nature of the change. For all we know it's completely reversible. Even in the story they refer to one animal looking human eating another different animal looking human as cannibalism.

That raises a question. Would it be cannibalism if they caught and ate one of the nightmare fuel creatures? If they've mutated to the point where everything human about them including their minds is gone, are they really human anymore? Would it be ethical to put them out of their misery and then also cook the meat as to not let it go to waste in the post-apocalyptic world where no animals exist anymore.

I think Aaron once got asked if they were edible but I can't remember the answer.

>Eating a monster mutant wouldn't weigh too heavily on too many anthros' consciences (especially after losing a friend or two them). But it would be considered taboo regardless because of the you-never-know factor ("oh, god! It has Uncle Frank's tattoo!!")

Without even getting into the fan fallout/waifu bullshit concerning the last story arc's ending, Aaron also (apparently) had a falling out with his girlfriend, one of his pets died, and this all came at the end of the year when he was getting ready to start the new arc.

This strip meandered on Walt and Portia establishing themselves as a couple amid what may be Endtown's twilight and a a freaking "species" war. It took for-fucking-ever just for Jackrabbit to show up so we could figure out his side of the story. The story telling of this arc has been scattershot, trying to establish *alot* of set up and goings on. Even if you were to come back and shotgun the whole thing years from now, the lion's share of 8 months of stripes has been set-up, a handful of plot points and a short hiatus.

It hasn't *sucked* or anything, don't get me wrong, and maybe his personal life has affected the whole process, but Aaron has done better and hopefully I think he can still do better.

I wonder if most people would be alright if they had some sort of vigil, prayer, or blessing for the monster for the person who it used to be, in order to try to be respectful, although it could backfire and just remind them that it used to be a human and then they couldn't stomach the meat anymore. I'm also assuming that if they did start doing that they would prepare the beast in such a way that there would be no discernible markings that could identify the person that used to be.

Interesting, when I made a thread a few days ago there were 0 replies, and it died.

I don't think any amount of vigil or respect could drive out the thought it was once a human in the back of people's minds. In a survival situation I could understand, it's better than eating your friend, but if I were in that situation it would still have the unease of eating a human, and how I assume these things have been living, the sanitation of vermin. I just don't think eatbeast is on anybody's menu except other larger eatbeasts, and mutants in a very tight spot.

She's going wee wee wee all the way home

qmud

Can't find it in the boorus..

Because it was not uploaded there.

/guess

Old habits die hard.

That's how you make some Patreon money.

>head cheese
>cheese
>mouse in panel at Mayor's office before skull was discovered
IT'S NOT THE WOLVES, IT'S THE MICE!!!!

>"Under Weight"
>implying

They NEED meat, or illness, blindness, and death happen.

That's not nature! We taught a lion to eat tofu.

wait, when was this page?!

Did Linda get her brain sucked out!?

She didn't she was just having a nightmare. This is the next page.

I thought so but also was thinking I missed some part where she leaves endtown and gets go by the topsiders

What's with the obsession of Linda going back to the topsiders?

They are mutated humans. Worst they are sapient.

What happened to that RPG user?

The deal fell through, and he failed to convince Aaron to work with him. The RPG was being reworked into an original thing, but that was about 3 months ago.

I guess he doesn't like Endtown anymore after all the shit he went through. Though I feel he barely liked Endtown besides the setting because all he could talk about was making OCs.

I think this is when she just turned and wanted to go back to her family.

I'm asking about the readers constantly talking about Linda contacting topsiders again.

I don't think they were obsessing over Linda identity crisis but her just Linda in general.

>The RPG was being reworked into an original thing
I hope it's as easy to make a character as it was in the old RPG.

Speaking of making OC's, doe anyone else miss those sessions we had with drawfags?

This also went up in flames around the time of the waifu wars, but wasn't there, like, *alot* of behind the scenes drama involving one or both sides?

I miss Suule, DK and Kazen churning out art constantly.

It moved it to /trash/ to avoid mod backlash in the Sup Forums threads. CA did a bunch in the last couple. I hope CA's doing alright.

From what I've gathered RPG user put a lot of effort into the RPG, Jaridium wanted the rights to the RPG and the system in general, and Aaron encouraged RPG user to make the RPG but as time went on it became clear, Aaron really didn't know what's going on. RPG user bailed and made his own new RPG with the system he made. That's what I know from the info posted here and on /trash/.

I know how to contact DK. Should I see if he's around?

What's the worst thing that could happen?

Last I heard, he was dealing with some life shit. Like, three months ago.

I'll give him a shout.

I just got into this comic recently, what the hell was the waifu wars? Sounds like the pendulum Wars but with autism

That's one way of putting it, Aaron was adamant about absolutely not doing anything that could be regarded as effort. I didn't mind since really it wasn't his idea and I just wanted to make a gift, something to add to his franchise. Still, his publisher wanted it and gave me a very bad contract, one that would have locked me to working with him and making sure the rpg was sold at cons only. Of course it's more complicated, but that's the gist... Neither really did anything at least really.

Ah, I remember why I am angry at Aaron. You see, I had been in contact with Aaron a year or more prior to the whole rpg project. So like I contacted the guy for two years or so? I mean alot. Helped him did health insurance, about 9/10 of questions in his emails were from me. I didn't really need to know most of them, they were just so he would have something in his emails. I just like helping.

For the comic, ever watch SG1? Amanda Pete has the same thing every episode, she goes into the technobabble, blinks, then explains why it's important. Real heavy blinks. It's very repetitive. Same with Endtown, the story is the same notes over and over again. That and talking to Aaron for abit makes me see his expression in the comic. It's not pretty.

Has it spoiled the comic for you? What about all the artists who were working with you, did they work with Aaron too?

Oh god, where to begin...

Okay, so, I don't know how far you've read into the comic, so I'm gonna spoiler this shit:

To keep a very long story short, Aaron (apparently)
was always going to end Holly and Wally's arc as a couple in tragedy; after Holly slowly unravels from about three-four plot lines of awful shit happening around/to her, she blue-pilled herself and allowed herself to get stuck in a simulacrum of pre-war times inside a damaged space ship. Wally, and a couple other survivors from a different colony thought she was escaping the ship with them, but it turns out an illusion of Holly was with them during the escape, the ship disappears, taking the real Holly with it. End of the arc.

However...

Aaron says originally Wally and one other survivor, a kid named Chicc, were going to be alone in the wastelands at the end of the arc. In the previous arc, he had introduced a congenial but kinda dim-witted lizard lady named Kirbee, whom Aaron grew fond of, and made her a recurring cast member through the prior arc and this arc where Holly is written out. He claims it was because he didn't want the end of the arc to be so bleak, so she was kept around.

Both Holly and Kirbee have feelings for Wally. The arc ends with Kribee (obviously) being with Wally but she *knows* he was going to have chosen Holly over her. Bittersweet ending and all that shit.

Fans of both Kirbee and Holly were pretty fucking awful all through this arc and the prior one. One side was always attacking the other, or finding a reason to say Holly was fucked up, or being written badly on purpose so people wouldn't miss her, and the other side kept calling Kirbee a man-stealing whore or whatever.

It got intense and ruined damn near every single Endtown thread on Sup Forums from, oh, say, last spring to last fucking thanksgiving. After that, the strip was barely talked about here in Sup Forums because of how vile it got.

Thanks for the rundown. yeah I'm all caught up on the comic around last week I just this is the first I'm hearing of the waifu Wars. The only thing I really felt about that ending was that it came quite abruptly in my opinion, and I still felt bad for jim and I was hoping for a bit better resolution like how flask got.

There was a love triangle at some point. Shipping wars ensued. That's basically it.

The rest of the awfulness comes from the same problem the rest of Sup Forums has: shitposting "culture". The race to the bottom. It wouldn't have been as bad if a bunch of outsiders didn't notice the easy (You)s that came with the situation.

You said too much. Also, I'm pretty sure the main complaint about Kirbee was how she became "your new favorite character!".

So, you're the one who posted most of those e-mails. Thank you for doing that, even though your relation with Aaron justifiably so ain't all that great right now.

Could you give me any info on how your new RPG is going. From last I've heard it's called Uplifts and you've found an independent publisher. Any news when it comes out?

>it came quite abruptly
It was, it feels like Aaron just wanted to be done with Holly.

And here I was thinking I kept it succinct by not going into all the details about Holly's past and whatever. Oh well...

But yeah, Kirbee was accused of being the new Holly or the new "charcter you're damn well going to love", too.

>topsider helmets have a distorted view
Isn't this one of the plot points of Wool? Though I guess both stories use it to different effect

I think Aaron did it accidentally due to falling in love with her himself. Pretty much turned Kirbee into another Marx except she started off likable.

Actually, I used to post alot but I did so without the tag. I only used the trip to talk about rpg matters only. I like being anonymous more than getting attention.

Ah, I talk about my hatred. The other day, the editor was asking for descriptions of people in the special thanks section. Most of the entrees had not touched the current project.

You see, when I started the Endtown RPG I promised every artist they would be a published artist. Their name would be in the book and they could show people their work and be proud. That means alot to artists. You gotta remember, they had done work for free until we talked about publishing.

When Aaron refused to work around the publisher he spoiled the efforts of not just me, but of all the testers and artists who worked on the project as well. I'm fine with me getting dissed, but that that was a big insult to who I consider real top shelf people. They did good work, and I've tried to get them in the book as best I can. I am angry they didn't get what I promised and Aaron doesn't care about those people.

So I hate Aaron, yes, thank you for reminding me, Sup Forums. He is an ingrate. His comic, is the story born of an ingrate. A comic born of selfishness, not of the concept itself but specifically for the author. He is a gluten, I think. He will consume everything given to him and return nothing. I think he was better when I first contacted him, but now he's a worthless person.

Ehhhh. Let's not get too far down this path (again.) I can't imagine any other character's presence being suitable to try to make the end of that arc less bleak if Aaron truly wanted to maintain the "main female lead of my comic is going to be stuck in a fucking spaceship with an illusion of her past life" ending. At her worst, Kirbee was seen as a dumb/slow-witted replacement Holly/Waifu B; having a character who's somehow maintained a positive attitude in spite of all the horrendous shit going down isn't tone breaking.

But Marx awful because he truly is tone breaking: he's a Doctor Who-a-like with powers that may as well be fucking magical in a world where the fantasy aspects are more or less grounded save for a lurking darkness. He acts like a fucking know it all in a story where various characters have had to unravel what the shit is going on, but plays at being coy about everything. He just doesn't fit the story properly, especially with all this murder cannibalism kidnapping shit going on right now.

I said -Endtown-, not Aaron. I remember when you came into a Poppy thread promoting the creation of OCs without knowing even the most basic things about the story.

Though to be honest, I'm also pretty disillusioned with Aaron. He seemed like a pretty swell guy before the ship chapter but after that, your experience, the e-mail and the epilouge with Marx and Doc.. I think he needs more than just physical therapy.

I've generally been a wolf fag and hating on Portia but that last panel has me genuinely feeling bad.

Hey, I like Kirbee as a person, specially after the "others might need help" line. I just don't like how she was used in the story. I don't know about you but to me it really looks like Aaron bent the story to accomodate her in a pretty bad way.

if the thread is still here in the morning, I'll post ne art.

It is a good thing I was not born yesterday. You seem like a completely butthurt individual. This is not the first fandom drama I ever witnessed, and definitely the last. Your case is not special. Fuck off.

>I hope it's as easy to make a character as it was in the old RPG.

Oh yeah. Its still broken down into ten quick steps. I still throw around the idea of 'skill packs' which is a set of preselected stuff for making characters into an archetype.

I think that was kind of a coincidence? Maybe.

They are still alive, that's what's important. I've actually tried that, alot. As far as I can tell he is... living in an unlisted location in the california area where he may or may not be working for the government? Good luck, chummer.

>Aaron really didn't know what's going on.

Actually I kept Aaron in step as best I could with the developments of the RPG. He just does not care about anything outside of drawing his comic. Literally, the contracts I got from his publisher were very crappy and tried to take my IP away, according to Aaron they were standard issue so he probably might be screwed on his own book.

I'm kind of out of the loop. What's NE art?

>according to Aaron they were standard issue so he probably might be screwed on his own book.
Well, dang. That sucks for him. I hope you avoided getting screwed over.

>They are still alive, that's what's important.
Good luck to them, and I'm glad DK's doing OK and I think he make art for you.

Kazen's working on his own original works now, that sometimes get posted on the /trash/ thread along with Jamil's Jasper Gold, in lieu of their own threads.

>Has it spoiled the comic for you? What about all the artists who were working with you, did they work with Aaron too?

Yeah, I am a human being so my emotions bleed around. The comic is tainted. I think the writing has gotten worse from what I've seen but I'm no longer objective, obviously.

>Artists who worked with Aaron.

Oh, none of the artists have ever worked with Aaron. No one does, actually. The man has a long history of not working well with people, apparently. I coordinated and directed all the artists on the project. I paid for them all as well, save for about 65 I talked Aaron into paying an artist for. I don't know if the artists had any contact with Aaron, really. He never produced anything specifically for the book outside of 2 pages of lore, everyone knows about the cover.

Legal forms were all me as well, save for the actual contract from Jarlidium. Really, if you are going to screw someone, don't force them to do all the paperwork.

Sure, I developed a subtitle: Heirs to the Future. It's been received well in live tests... which outside of the roll 20 group has been people who are categorically insane...

For publishers I'm going through Amazon self publishing. RPG geeks these days are using tablets now so the market is better for those kinds of sales. It's all been a very boring process of buying SKUs and uploading this and that. I'm going to buy an ad on 4chin to thank people of the boards for the crimes they have committed.

I'm trying to get it out as fast as I can. It always seems like it's a month away. It's very close. When you feel it's about to come out, then it will come out.

Still you can get a copy at:
app.roll20.net/join/1766314/zfGf2A

I think it was a typo but if it really means something then I don't know.

Yeah, the poppy thing really backfired. I figured I could just get the ball rolling and people that knew the deepest lore would go with it. It worked so well with Endtown threads and those threads at the time were pretty negative. So, my intentions were altruistic at least.

Yeah, Aaron got some problems.

Yeah, Kazen's story is shaping up to be pretty cool. The art he's making for it is especially impressive.

Anyway, I've exceeded my indulgence in fiery rage for today. I must return to my Zen Chamber. Next time I see you guys I'll probably have the book out.

Good luck man, and I hope your stuff works out better this time than last time. I've been digging the Shining Sky stuff and what others have been putting out.