Ed Benes has defined DC comics superhero art

Ed Benes has defined DC comics superhero art.

>Everyone has the same bodytype and face.
Yeah, it checks out.

Is what the kids like

They're Greek Gods for today!

This era of Justice League was so fucking bad. Also Ed Benes art is useless for everything besides the occasional ass shot.

I actually went back to read Tornado's Path again, just kind of get a feel for it since it's been a long time since I last did.

Yep. Still garbage.

Why is Batman black?

You know, I wouldn't expect most of the locks at Fort Knox to be anything special at all.

It's a fort.

It relies on guards with guns.

>Poor man's Jim Lee
Granted, he does do nice asses. His faces need work though.

He is better than the hack Lee.

draws big ol titties

He can't draw anything other than superheroes standing in a cool pose or fighting. If it requires true storytelling or simple things like civilians going about their day he is useless and there's a lot of that even in superhero comics.

I really wanted to read Simone's BoP run but Benes' art is so awful.

White Canary was supposed to be Cass Cain but she became Black Bat for Batman Inc instead.

>If it requires true storytelling or simple things like civilians going about their day
Sounds exciting. You're better off reading books.

A lot of people would kill to be able to draw either of these pictures.

Benes said in a Brazilian interview that he never had formal training and learn to draw with his brother Fred who also is self-taught.

I think Fred Benes is now a pin-up artists doing commissions, did he worked anything beyond some Witchblade issues?

His Blackfire is something.

Don't they have a sister that does pin-ups too? I remember someone named Maria Benes or something along those lines

Yeah, but Mariah Benes also did art for DC, she inked some Ed issues.

I didn't know, searching for her art makes me see she takes from her brother's style