The Shadow/Batman series coming in November

Looks like there is going to be another crossover between Batman and The Shadow after the current series is over. Apparently it's a sequel and the first issue is coming out on October 4.
Thoughts ? Have you been liking the current Batman/Shadow crossover so far ? Do you think there's potential in a sequel ?

>comicsbeat.com/shadow-batman-set-for-a-second-miniseries-in-october-sdcc-17/

>The truth of what the Shadow doesn’t know threatens to destroy his partnership with Batman and Robin just when they need him the most. Three generations of heroes stand at a crossroads as the secret of the Silent Seven threatens to encompass and obliterate them all. To fight the Seven, Batman and the Shadow must force them to reveal themselves. But how do men make moves against a behemoth evil that measures assaults in centuries?

>In Batman/Shadow, Batman faced a truth he was afraid to comprehend. In Shadow/Batman, the Shadow is finally faced with a moment he’s avoided his entire life: the moment the Shadow does not know.

>Batman and The Shadow, two of comics’ most iconic characters, will again join forces to save the world this October as Dynamite Entertainment, DC Entertainment, and Conde Nast partner for a brand new, six-issue crossover event that will unite history’s most well-known vigilantes as they confront the World’s Greatest Evil! Writer Steve Orlando (Batman/The Shadow, Justice League of America) and artist Giovanni Timpano (The Shadow, Transformers) will team to tell this instantly classic tale of noir, mortality and generational heroes and villains, set to hit stores October 4th!

>The World’s Greatest Mystery. The World’s Greatest Detective. They can barely stand each other, so how will they possibly deal with the World’s Greatest Evil? What legacy can two of the world’s most enduring icons of justice leave once they discover an ancient evil has been living inside the world they protect for centuries, attached to its heart. Can Batman and the Shadow save the world without killing it in the process?

>Orlando
nope, I'm out
thanks for fucking up Supergirl so bad I drop it for the first time in a decade

All I know about him is that he is the artist of the current crossover (the one with Snyder), and that he seems to be passionate about the character.
Is he a terrible writer ?

Ugh. The current one is horrible.

just dogshit and I'm a Supergirlfag
also JLA is unironically way worse than Hitch's Justice League

just say that you hate batman and that's why you are pissed at Orlando

Not him but if you don't think JLA is unreadable you're a fool. Orlando is terrible.

it's still no worse than Hitch

JL has gotten better. It's still not great, but it was never as bad as JLA.

I'm glad they are actually using villains from the pulps this time.
I'm sick of recent comics with The Shadow either creating a new villain and then forcing them into an important role in his backstory (Dr.Zorn, The Stag) or just rehashing Shiwan Khan or Voodoo Master or knock-offs of these two.

Batman is in both

>Thoughts ?
The only reason to read the current series is because of the art. This new one will have boring ass art.

yes but in Hitch run he is getting bitch slapped left and right, the last storytime was full of people happy at him being punched cold

>also JLA is unironically way worse than Hitch's Justice League

Someone actually has this shitty of a taste.

Also there was huge outraged when JLA was first announced and Batman was in it. I mean JLA sucks because Orlando is a bad writer but still.

But the dull and pastel colored art is the worst part of the current series.
People praise it because the plot and the writing are pretty decent and because it actually treats the Shadow like the mysterious enigma he is supposed to be, instead of the other Dynamite comics.
And plus there is no Snyder this time so that means no Jokerwankery hijacking the story.

what? literately half of these arcs have Batman + Flash or Batman + Cyborg or Batman + Superman

>dull
What art do you like, asshat?

>written by Steve Orlando
>involves Damian
Yeah sorry I think I'll pass this one.

But hey, good to know at least DC is treating the Shadow better than Dynamite these days

>Dr.Pyg

Aaaaaand I'm sold