twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gumball is fucking dead

Okay

Gumball is over

>Starting a thread about a show with no subject
Really?

>That animation

> Really?
SU is another show with no actual subject...
0wn3d

Let me guess, you are the idiot who made a shit ton of bait threads some months ago and think Gumball is the best show ever. Please, kill yourself

I don't like SU though, what's your point?

In less than a month we'll finally have new episodes. Well, a few new episodes anyway.

He is a big shitposter. This thread is shitposting.

>New episodes on 9/11
What did Ben mean by this?

I fucking hate Darwin so much. If he wasn't in the show, it would be watchable to me. I don't know why I dislike the character, but he's just grating as hell to me.

Nothing. He isn't the one who decides

You have good taste. Darwin is a pointless character.

You're either anti-racist and hate the fact that the one noticeable black person in the show is both treated as a pet (a slave) but called a "brother" while also being a blatant homosexual, or you're completely racist and hate that there's a noticeably black person in the show in the first place.

He is a fish you faggot. Fuck off to Sup Forums or tumblr

I can see where you're coming from but Gumball does need a sidekick. I can't see him doing well going solo.

>homosexual
>wants the ghost girl

what

Anais

>ghost girl (male)

What? No, I just don't like his dynamic with Gumball, or how he acts.

The smart girl being the sidekick would be awful and you know it.

That would be terrible.

New episodes start September 1:

>The Singing
>Join the citizens of Elmore for a song and dance spectacular that will have people covering their ears with joy.

>The News
>From police chases to the inside scoop on Daisy the Donkey, Channel 6 Elmore News has all the top local stories; experienced newscaster Kip Schlezinger brings the latest news, sports and weather, even when there is absolutely nothing to report.

>The Petals
>When Leslie's petals begin falling off, he feels like his good looks are fading, so Gumball and Darwin use everything they know about style and beauty to try and help him.

>The Nuisance
>The Wattersons fear the worst when they are summoned to a Town Hall meeting, but are surprised when they're offered a new house - until they discover it's in a different state.

>The Best
>No matter what Gumball does, Carmen thinks she knows better; when Gumball attempts to gain the moral high ground, but fails, his only option left is to bring Carmen down to his level.

>The Worst
>The Wattersons compete over who has the worst life

>The List
>When the kids find out that Mom's life hasn't panned out as she'd hoped, they start taking on her chores, but they accidentally grab her bucket list instead of her to-do list.

>The Deal
>Richard goes on strike to prove that his work around the house is under appreciated by Nicole.

>The Line
>The Wattersons will do whatever it takes to get into the first screening of the latest Stellar Odyssey sequel.

>The Puppets
>Darwin is delighted when they discover their old childhood toys, but soon realizes that some things are best left in the past.

Darwin is great my man.
Autistic Anais maybe but she sometimes just acts as a diet Gumball but with less funny snark so it really won't work. Darwin's white knight voice of reason bounces of Gumball's cynicism far better.

No if you have good writing. The episodes where Anais isn't "smart" are her best episodes (The responsible, The Treasure, The friend, etc).

>The Worst
>The Wattersons compete over who has the worst life
>The List
>When the kids find out that Mom's life hasn't panned out as she'd hoped, they start taking on her chores, but they accidentally grab her bucket list instead of her to-do list.
>The Deal
>Richard goes on strike to prove that his work around the house is under appreciated by Nicole.
Oh joy... More "Nicole could've been the next Messiah but gave it up to be a mom" episodes...

I love Gumball but when the writers come up with one good idea they milk that idea to the ground.

Remember when every single episode climax ended with a car chase, every single time?

Well one episode had an INVISIBLE car chase.

What was the last good Nicole episode? The mothers?

The worst part is i'm almost certain they did this gag twice in two different episodes.

I liked the one where we see her as a kid and how her life would change depending on who she married. i think people don't like it because fans are just tired of the "alternative timelines/options" episode's the show has been overdoing constantly.

The anniversary one was pretty good and that was a recent episode.

The Choices has several problems and as this user said it was yet another "Nicole could've been the next Messiah but gave it up to be a mom" episode and what is worse, it was just her imagination.

The Choices was a really, REALLY good episode because it gave us some necessary background information to understand why someone like Nicole would even date someone like Richard in the first place, not to mention the events that happened when Nicole left home really shaped her character in a much better light.

>A Nicole is a fucking bitch to her family and get away with it episode
>good

>Nicole could've been the next Messiah
Did we watch the same episode? When she wasn't a loser or go insane the show tells us that if left to her own whims would become the next Hitler. The whole point of the episode is that Nicole is heavily flawed and Richard and the kids balances her out to make her life more bearable even if it's never completely obvious.

If you don't like that moral either that's understandable but it's far from her being a "Messiah".

>and gets away with it
Did you miss the part where she had to admit that she was wrong? That's one of the reasons it was good.

I like the paintball episode because everyone called out Nicole on how much of a petty competitor she is.
>"Did you just try to shoot me when my back was turned?!"
Plus Gumball shooting her in the face while she was trying to unjam her gun was great.

We already knew why she date Richard. They were good friends since kids like Penny and Gumball. Shit like Nicole's parent being asshole for the sake of being asshole was cheap writing.

>she had to admit that she was wrong
She did not do it. That is the point. She was an asshole but it was fine.

This. At least in the Fridge Nicole got btfo at the end.

>the show tells us that if left to her own whims would become the next Hitler
It was her imagination. It was not a real possibility

I think you meant to qoute

Nicole's parents were assholes because Nicole was dating a fat, stupid boy that liked heavy metal and would never amount to anything, while Nicole had the potential to be something great. I knew a girl who was an only child that was (previously) a devout Catholic that was part of the upper-class white families in our city that started dating a half-white / half-Mexican alcoholic because he was a "bad boy" that played in a post-core sludge metal band and had a nice car. Her parents told her to stop dating him, or they wouldn't fund her college. She dated him anyways, and when they got pregnant, he didn't bother showing up to the abortion. She continued to date him anyways, while her parents pushed her further and further out of their lives, because they wasted 18 years on a girl who would throw everything back in their faces for "true love".

No, they aren't married, he got totally intoxicated and slammed into a highway wall going 105MPH.

Just like you thinking she would be some great messiah is your own imagination of how events would unfold?

>Nicole's parents were assholes because Nicole was dating a fat
No. They were asshole before that.

They're Asian.

You never saw The Fuss then.

Yeah, meant for

>"She's trying to say she was wrong, but her mouth is pathologically incapable of saying those words."

She did not literally admit it but her body language was enough, everyone understood what happened and she clearly regretted her bitchy behavior. It might as well count.

They are cats. Fuck off with your race bullshit

>It might as well count.
Kek, no. Imagine the same situation with a different character. Do you think they would get away with it without consequences? Nicole can be an asshole without consequences.

>this thread
>"this episode sucks because it doesn't completely 100% line up with traditional hamfisted morals and the person who did something wrong didn't get beaten half to death"

This is a fucking comedy, not a preschool show. Fuck off.

B-BUT IT'S

MEEANNNN SPIRITED

>the episode was not funny
>REEEEE MUH SHOW IS PERFECT

So, Penny and her family confirmed to be Irish?

bump

That never happened though, the subject I see here is about muh morals muh shit characters, not muh humor.

Bump

>The Wattersons fear the worst when they are summoned to a Town Hall meeting, but are surprised when they're offered a new house - until they discover it's in a different state.

Holy fucking shit. How is this episode gonna work?
This episode's gonna be some big shit. These guys have NEVER fucking left Elmore except for Darwin. Another Watterson-esque family that has to live with the Wattersons for the episode? Crossover?

The subject is: Nicole episodes are bad

IM A BUN
IM A BUN
IM A TASTY TASTY BUN

Who knows, could be a strictly comedy episode of Watersons moving into a new city before destroying it and getting sent back, or it could be 95% build up where they try to convince people to let them stay and by the end right when they're about to leave the Void smites everyone's asses.

I don't know whether to call this bait or just stupid

For sure

bump

In the OK KO verse, Nicole would definitely be a level 11 like Gar and Carol.

>implying

>animeposter

So why do Gumball and Darwin like Robinson so much? They built a freaking shrine of him yet Robinson clearly hates them.

Back in S1? Because they were cute dumb kids and Mr. Robinson was their father figure or something. Now? There is no reason.

>Gumbomb is coming
Yes YES

I unironically quote gumball at work

youtube.com/watch?v=OXgu-Kg4jWE

Without Darwin, Gumball would be too much to take. Also, the two have heart

wtf was this episode

>S1 Gumball

I miss him, bros

I miss S2 Gumball :(

No, it'll be much better than that.

We're getting weekly premieres for the foreseeable future. The bomb's been scrapped as far as I can tell.

Source?

>that shrine painting

fuck I need an HD version of that.

On a related note, does anyone have a HD version of the painting that hangs in the wall in the living room? The portrait of the whole family? Even in 1080p it's hard to make out, but it's done in a real -pretty style and I want to see the original version

he was an interesting character, but he also didn't gel well with the show's preferred form of comedy, being the target of the universe's spite doesn't work too well with someone as nice and naive as S1 Gumball, it just feels wrong, which is why Gumball became more snarky and medium aware during Season 2 onward, makes him a more deserving target

>S2 Gumball
>deserving target
He did nothing wrong...

well by Season 2 I meant towards the end of the season, really Season 3 Gumball would be more accurate, as he starts acting like a dick more regularly there, basically if you're going to do a "Magnet for Everyone and Everything's Hate" character they either need to be at least somewhat of a douche, or things need to swing back in their favor by the end of an episode, and with Season 1 & 2 Gumball neither of those really applied

>if you're going to do a Magnet for Everyone and Everything's Hate
But no one hated S1 Gumball. He just had bad luck.

I didn't mean literal hate(for the most part), that was just the best term I could think of

Basically, the worst type of loser to the point that he had NO talent going for him?

S1 problem was its second half. They turned Gumball into an helpless retard. Episodes like The Genius or The Club were fucking awful. He was fine in the first half

Yeah it got so bad to the point he was a bigger loser than Richard.

He feels like a third wheel. If the show was just Gumball interacting with a new character or his family each week, those characters would have to be developed so that they could bounce off of Gumball.

Instead Gumball spends most of his time talking to Darwin, and so the sidecast remains pathetically underdeveloped.

Getting some Hare Krishna vibes

Her dad is a red panda

I wish more shows did their scenes like this where the shadows and highlights of the animated parts match the photo backgrounds.

For something so simple it looks so fucking good.

>tfw no more shadows and highlights after S2
Feels bad, man. The characters look so flat now

Her dad is the meme angry cat, retard.

>If the show was just Gumball interacting with a new character or his family each week
This is why the second season is the best season. The episodes were about the classmates and not just The Wattersons doing the same shit over and over and over

Every Gumball thread feels the same.

How so?