X-Men

who is your favorite X-writers besides Claremont, Morrison or Whedon?

Milligan.

>Whedon
lol

I wanna fug Pixie

you like his X-Men? I understand loving X-Statix but the mainline wasn't very good

Yeah, I'm talking exclusively about X-Force/X-Statix

Gillen
Read his Uncanny X-Men, his SWORD mini, his Secret Wars "Siege" tie in, and his consequences of Avengers vs X-Men.

You should read the 1995 Age of Apocalypse event, and the first half of Generation X by Lobdell

X Force by Yost and Kyle
Uncanny X Force by Remender
Astonishing X Men by Warren Ellis

I wish the New X-Men would get a new book and someone would follow up on Pixie's Nightmare persona.

Carey
Gillen
Yost (with or without Kyle)
Spurrier
Bunn

I agree with this
I would also mention the Messiah Complex event, and all of Brubaker's X-Men for something different, X-Men in Space with Havok, Polaris and Rachel as the main characters. IIRC, Rise and Fall of the Shi Ar Empire, War of Kings tie in with that. (although it has a lot of Inhumans too) Deadly Genesis wasnt good but you need it to understand where the third Summers brother "Vulcan" came from.

You should also read House of M obviously.

can I get a reading order for Chamber? he seems cool in the new Generation X comic

In this order

Kyle + Yost
Gillen
Carey

Can't believe after all those years of teasing a third Summers brother, they settled on such a terrible story/ch aracter.

remember when Austin had iceman only be a head so havok pissed onhim and he made a new body from that?

good times good times

>Yost (with or without Kyle)
>Kyle + Yost
But they ruined New X-Men what with their grimdark bullshit and shilling their OC.

Academy X was boring and your waifus were shit

Lobdell, up to Operation: Zero Tolerance. Or Nicieza. Either one. 90s X-Men was good until after Onslaught. Onslaught only sucks as a line-wide event. If it were just X-Men, it would've been somewhat better received, I think.

Wrong. Post-House of M New X-men had better characters

>I can only communicate through memes

>m-muh X-23

The Hellions squad was more interesting than the New Mutants squad
It put Pixie and Anole on the map
It developed other minor background characters in Quest for Magik and Children of X-Men

You are both so very wrong.

Can't argue with results. This is the only time I've seen this sort of approach work out. I'm not going to give them shit for it.
I am going to give them shit on dropping a perfectly good series with perfectly good characters in favor of writing something even edgier.

>I am going to give them shit on dropping a perfectly good series with perfectly good characters in favor of writing something even edgier.

That was the real problem.

I really dislike their X-Force.

The pointless use of Wolfsbane was particularly grating.

And in its place we got Young X-Men, and the horrible writer of that title is now on the flagship X-Men book.

Not bad, not bad. Let me fix it though.
>In this order
>PAD
>Zeb Wells
>Kyle + Yost
>Gillen
>Carey
Fixed.

Lobdell is the best X-Men writer ever

X-Force isn't even bad. Yeah, it's maximum over-edge, but the book isn't put together incompetently and it drove the story of the franchise quite nicely.
But still it wasn't even remotely worth it considering New X-Men was both better and completely vanished after they left.

Huh. Didn't even know he did anything other than X-Force/X-Statix.

Oh shit he did something with JPL? ... and it's a Cyclops/Phoenix thing.... and a sequel to a Lobdell story. Fucking Marvel.

I remember Sup Forums hetting totally hyped for X-Force. It was one of the few books storytimed on release back then.
Remember when storytiming on release was considered bad form and shitting up the board because everyone could just get it from the ZDay thread or /rs/ with minimal effort?