There's only one reference to the MCU in The Defenders baka

There's only one reference to the MCU in The Defenders baka

youtube.com/watch?v=lAhuWTQ_P6Y

oh shit

Maybe it wants to stand on its own instead of constantly referencing everything else like Iron Man 2 and Spider-Man Homecoming.

why does daredevil look so fat

Because Iron Twink looks anemic

>Oh shit this ninja cult wants to fuck up New York City, if only there was someone we could call? Some sort of squad with super-powered armor and android that can make quick work of taking down some fucking ninjas

It's not even canon.

well that same shit happens every week in the comics OMG big bad wants to fuck something up 2000+ heroes in the comic universe but lets just handle it ourselves
/co bitches about stuff being too inter-connected then bitches when other stuff isn't.

>"Nah, they wouldnt believe us."
>"......really? Fine whatever. What about that Spider Guy? He's local."
>"No, hes probably busy too"
>"What the fuck are y-"
>"HES BUSY ALRIGHT!"

What the fuck was the plot of this show

So the big plan of the Hand that they spent years developing is that they wanted to resurrect a dragon?

this is like hating TNG for bringing up Vulcans or having a Klingon on the bridge

No it's that dragon blood or w/e it was could be used to resurrect them, they had ran out and there was a load beneath NYC. However extracting the substance would basically level the city.

I mean, Batman could call up the Justice League(s) and clean up Gotham over like, a weekend, but he doesn't because of reasons

That's dumb as shit, resurrecting a dragon sounds better

Basically it was Ras al Ghul desperately looking for another Lazarus Pit

Bad comparison considering 90% of all Marvel heroes are based in New York and it's pretty hard to believe they don't run into each other more than they already do in the comics, let alone the netflix show.

Keep in mind that there is literally no reason that they needed to use any of their juice on reviving Elektra. They are not hurting for additional manpower anywhere in the series and Alexandra knows her days are numbered but she still spends precious days training Elektra because ???

her plan isn't to harvest her organs or to transfer her mind into her or to groom her to lead the hand after she dies or anything like that. It's possible that it's the latter but she dies before they can confirm that one way or the other

>being this dumb
Leave.

No shit.

>"All right, let's gather these bones so we can grind them up into Lazarus Juice."
>"Hold on. What if we gathered a DNA sample from these bones instead and used the alien technology that's all over the place to, I don't know, try and clone dragon tissue? Or even whole dragons, like in Jurassic Park. Then we'd have an unlimited supply of Lazarus Juice AND an army of dragons to wreck shit with."
>"Fuck you, Kevin. You're fired. Fuckin' asshole. All right, let's start grinding bones before Daredevil shows up and kicks our asses."

No, not New York. Manhattan.

If you're not familiar with New York, Manhattan is one tiny island surrounded by the four outer boroughs, all of which dwarf manhattan in size but none of which are ever explored in any detail whatsoever.

There's nothing about the Thing pitching at Yankee Stadium or Ka-Zar freeing the animals in the Bronx Zoo or the living monolith resurrecting from the fresh kills landfill or Electro skating down the tram in roosevelt island or anything

The world is pretty microscopic

All Spider-Man movies are based in Queens, so that's something.

I don't care I got cute ninja girl being cute and deadly

The whole thing is dumb as shit. There shouldn't have been any dragons involved at all.

>The Hand is a group of immortal aristocrats who need human blood to power their immortality macguffin.
>Their Modus Operandi is to play the SUPER-long game, spending hundreds of years raising a city like they're cultivating an orchard, and then destroying the city, harvesting the sweet life force in the process
>New York is one of their greatest achievements. Maybe it's also part of a scheme to power them indefinitely, whatever.

There. I just made the villains ten times more effectual. Also raised the stakes more organically, and gave each hero individually an actual, tangible stake in the fight.
That also ties it back to what The Hand were doing with the whole "harvesting human blood" thing in Daredevil S2, AND it makes The Hand's involvement in organized crime make more sense, because undermining and neutering law enforcement and potential resistance would be a natural second step after creating the city, but before destroying it.

Both the Garfield movies take place in Manhattan. Homecoming takes place partially in Queens though, you're right.

I think the high school is in Manhattan but in retrospect that doesn't make sense since Killian drove Liz and Peter to the prom

>Show takes place in the MCU
>Show takes place in Hell's Kitchen
>Skyline shots literally every other scene
>NOT ONCE do you see Avenger's Tower, even though it's only, like, six blocks from Hell's Kitchen

This bugs the shit out of me.

Where exactly is Stark Tower?

You can see, say, the Chrystler Building from 8 blocks away but you can't see it from Hell's Kitchen

>or to groom her to lead the hand after she dies

This, holy shit. Sigourney was dying anyway. Just have it so that she knew no matter what she did, they'd never get enough blood to revive her in time so she used what little time she had to find a replacement. She trains Elektra up, teaches her the ropes, and then instead of getting shanked like a bitch you have the two of them share a special moment and then Alexandria asks Elektra to do a mercy killing.

Like fucking Bishop in Aliens 3. She'll never be top of the line again, so she'd rather be nothing. No lying in a hospital bed for months or years and the cancer slowly eats away her insides. Just a jab to the back of the head with something sharp and endless dreams.

>Bad comparison considering 90% of all Marvel heroes are based in New York

you mean a superfast alien and the fastest man alive would stop helping batman just because theyre a couple citys away

Am I the only person that hates Iron fist and Jessica Jones? Both the characters and actors are awful

This could've been nice, but I honestly don't care about New York city. As somebody that lives in a flyover state, New Yorkers that pass through are fucking assholes. Also the state is the symbol of degeneracy, so I wouldn't mind if they were all wiped out desu.

Danny is clearly supposed to be some kind of learning disabled little brother to everyone else. Not sure if that's good or bad because I honestly have only ever read Daredevil

Actually, it's slightly farther than I expected, but it should still totally be visible in the skyline. ESPECIALLY from Hell's Kitchen, where ALL the skyscrapers, including Avengers/Stark Tower are to the east, and the panoramic view in any other direction is basically nothing.

>As somebody that lives in a flyover state
lol

He's in queens, how long would it take him?

It's bad. He's way more awesome in the comics.

Swinging or public transport?

>I think the high school is in Manhattan but in retrospect that doesn't make sense since Killian drove Liz and Peter to the prom

The high school is in Queens too, I think.

Far as we know the netflix shows haven't even reached A2 in the timeline yet.

And wtf would the avengers have a public phone number? They aren't the regular police you just call because your cat got stuck in the tree.

Good. It's not like the movies reference these shows at all

Iron Fist is legit retarded. Hardest example of character assassination on the show.

I like Jessica personally. She's abrasive, but that's on purpose, and after a while it comes of as endearing, at least for me.

>Midtown High isn't in Midtown

this nigga swings to the daily bugle in 10 minutes

They mentioned the Avengers "dropping a city" in like Daredevil Season 2 so they're definitely past Age of Ultron.
>And wtf would the avengers have a public phone number? They aren't the regular police And wtf would the avengers have a public phone number? They aren't the regular police
As of Civil War the Avengers work for the United Nations or whatever. They would definitely have some sort of system for people to report crazy shit to.

>Midtown High is in Forest Hills

All I wanted was a line like "We should team up, just like the Ave-" "Don't say it." But we didn't even get that.

Hell, with Jessica and Luke getting in trouble with the cops one of them should have mentioned that they have to sign the Sokovia Accords.

>Stick says that Danny is the worst Iron Fist yet
>Danny asks stupid fucking questions over and over again
>Punches the fucking wall that EVERYBODY LITERALLY STATES that only the Iron Fist can open it
If he just didn't go full fucking retard and close his eyes and punch everything, Elektra would've lost easy.

So all four of the base shows were able to spend more time fleshing out the universe these characters inhabit, and all the secondary characters around them.

So it would only make sense that all of these secondary characters would come together and have their own conflicts and interplay, right?

So why the fuck don't they?
Where's my Matt v Jeri courtroom scene?
Where's Jessica teaching Karen how to be a better investigator?
If you're sending Luke Cage to jail, why the FUCK wouldn't it be the same jail that Kingpin is in? (This one makes me especially angry, both because that confrontation would've been amazing, and because it suggests that there's at least two separate penitentiaries inside Hell's Kitchen jurisdiction, which is flat retarded.)

This show had an amazing potential to not just bring these characters together, but also bring their SHOWS together. Game Of Thrones, Walking Dead, Battlestar Galactica, all of these are shows that it's not just possible, but also a really good idea, if done right, to have several interweaving storylines happening concurrently that all converge and pay off in huge ways towards the end. The Defenders would've been PERFECT for that kind of storytelling structure.

But no.
We just get The Avengers in longform.
What a fucking waste.

It'd be doubtful that the UN takes 4 random strangers seriously about immortal ninjas running around. We're still in the early stages of the world coming to terms with super powers.

>If you're sending Luke Cage to jail, why the FUCK wouldn't it be the same jail that Kingpin is in?
Didn't Luke go to jail in Georgia?

Kingpin is in Riker's iirc

Perlmutter-Feige feud has killed TV-movie synergy.

Luke went to jail in Georgia, that's where the crime was committed

Probably because they were retarded and only gave the show 8 episodes. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to give the team up show fewer episodes than the individual shows.

Most people agree that the 13 episode seasons are a drain on most of the individual shows.

They just do not have enough story to support all of those episodes so we're stuck with a ton of boring ass filler

>Final episode
>Danny still job with his glowing fist on

For the individual shows, absolutely. But Defenders actually had enough material to fill out a full season, and it noticeably suffers for not having enough space to actually flesh out all the plotlines and story threads. So you end up with all the supporting characters literally shoved into a waiting room together, doing nothing.