Is he right Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=-Q9iozzThg8

I really enjoyed it. I like his response to critics of the movie especially

fun video

Holy shit, he's still around?

I thought he became homeless or something?

He is right. You can make a good movie out of anything, even emojis. If Lego was good, that proves that pretty much anything can be

Damn, Max was in rare form during this video. Insightful, well explained, and constructive. Good on him.

A lot of his Brain Dumps are like this, you know.

Wasn't he dead inside?

He moved back in with his folks ( I think ) which sucks because while I don't think much of his humour he was definitely the most talented newgrounds animator and has the nicest style, plus he doesn't pollute YouTube with shitty let's plays like oney or egoraptor.

He's soft-spoken in this vid

It's kinda telling

_ ____ __ ____ ____ __

I had this idea in the back of my mind that the Emoji Movie would somehow turn out to be a masterpiece. The trailers were all a facade and the actual movie would be a meta commentary on exploitation and loss of innocence or some shit like that (kind of like how Max described it). Critics and "ironic memers" would go in expecting a trainwreck and actually run out trying to tell everyone to go see it, claiming it was a masterpiece the played on everyone's expectations. It would be the first animated movie to win an Oscar for Best Motion Picture be put alongside Citizen Kane, and be hailed as one of the greatest films ever made.

I snuck in to see it and regretted it though.

____ ____ ____ __

I agree, it's easy to point out flaws without actually suggesting ways to improve it, even if it is a steaming pile of shit.

Shut up Max and just accept the compliment.

At least Oney Plays is funny, Unlike the Grumps

I'm glad to see he's doing better. I hope it keeps up. Max is a good boy.

At least Oney still draws shit, unlike Ego.

This.

This truly is the darkest timeline.

>REEEEE TECHNOLOGY IS BAD BACK IN MY DAY THINGS WERE BETTER, DAMN KIDS ON THEIR PHONES, REEEE

Beyond that, pretty good video, I'd be interested in buttmunch Alex's emotional emoji adventure.

I cant take him seriously after he said that he likes Sausage Party

>tfw Max would make the perfect show for nickelodeon because he actually understands the appeal of cartoons for both adults and kids
>tfw he will never be given the chance

Do I really need new glasses or did he added extra shadows under his model's eyes?

I've seen a few of them and yeah they'e good, but this in this one he seemed to dial back the silliness by a few ticks. Granted there's nothing wrong with his comedy, but in this one he was like "alright let me be real with guys for second" just played it relatively straight. The part where he told the critics to actually provide constructive criticism in their reviews really drove that home.

good episode, but only because goofball didn't show up until the very end and only for like 15 seconds.

>still taking about the Emoji Movie for a quick buck and views
>has shitty cartoon self portrait character
>all those fucking question marks
I'm not clicking on that, I have cancer already

It's weird seeing so much positivity from Sup Forums.

Sup Forums has been weird this past month.

SEWER SHARKS

He's literally the one guy who analyses them with depth, explaining what is good and bad and suggests ways to improve them mixed in with some animation and antics, You do have cancer for not supporting him.

>bald
>nose piercing
>ear rings
No thanks

>ITT: Obscure Sup Forums waifus

He's too much of a dumb twat to be right about anything.

>without actually suggesting ways to improve it

i don't need to suggest them a way of improving
hell, i don't need to suggest them anything
i will however take my money and spend it on content made by people who don't suck dick

Sup Forums is love wasnt a meme. This board is a carebear hugbox compared to most places you can discuss this kind of shit. The nastiest Ive ever seen people get say things like le redditor and >tumblr.

It's almost like he's grown out of his edgy phase.

>you should be able to give constructive criticism if you're a film expert
>provides not that but instead a trite premise he doesn't divulge in and doesn't get in depth in the movie itself at all

What a waste of time.

hi, max. how's life living with the knowledge you basically killed one of your cats

Can't wake up mom and dad, or else it's back to the streets for Max.

>The nastiest Ive ever seen people get say things like le redditor and >tumblr.

Sounds like you've never been in an internet animator thread before.

Oh wait this is the guy who made all those awful pony.mov and FNAF cartoons? Holy shit that gives me even less of a reason to click on it.
Stop shilling this twat, e-celeb threads are cancer

The fuck were you expecting?

I was talking about critics who talk shit but don't actually provide useful feedback. Don't get me wrong, I didn't support this movie, but still I'm Sick of people jumping on the hatred bandwagon even though it does kinda deserve it.

Admittedly they were shitty, still doesn't take away from his artistic talent and content breakdowns though.

I'd argue that Harry has a better style than him

I physically pulled my head away from the screen when this part came on.

Mostly, but, criticism does not need to be constructive to be valid.

Sup Forums hasn't been love for years, outside of storytime threads, so take off those rose-tinted glasses. What you're experiencing now is just the usual Summer crowd, which ideally will leave in about a month.

Harry is much better in a technical sense, but he can't draw expressions for shit.

>tfw he'd probably make another Ren & Stempy
>tfw it'd be as bad as the Invader Zim animation or the pony series

Why?

It's more detailed but I prefer Max's use of colours, and how he draws noses and mouths, but that's my personal preference.

>outside of storytime threads
You mean those threads that still happen on a daily basis? That would mean that the heart of Sup Forums is still love.

For as much shit as Egoraptor gets for selling out and being a fat lazy shit who just does lets plays now, his style of animation and use of color was by far the best of the Newgrounds people

Well, /m/ though the movie was KINO

I didn't expect Max to Muslim pander.

You act like celebrating material and giving praise is wrong, it's pretty normal to do though you know.

Maybe it struck to close to home?

>the mere presence of a Muslim is pandering

Seriously?

He's essentially the John K. of the Internet.

>knowledgable in animation and gives good advice
>instead makes dumb, edgy cartoons
>Sup Forums vehemently hates his guts

Maybe is just a girl who wears a head scarf as a trendy thing?
Don't read too much into it.

It just looks really out of place to me. Like if he arbitrarily put a rabbi in there instead. Or an astronaut in a space suit.

What is wrong with that board?

Would you bitch about it if it was a guy on a space suit in his phone?

>pander

What does this word mean anymore?

John K. was a commercial and artistic success at one point, though.

Who's bitching?

well your kind Of The annoying faggot if it pisses you off that easily, maybe your the over sensitive one huuuuhhh ?

his "style" constantly changed throughout his entire career
arguably, his best style was somewhere between Girl-Chan and Mr. Literal

he had a grand total of one animation that I'd actually call good. it was well animated, stayed on model, and it wasn't LOLSORANDOM like too many of the awesome series turned into
it was basically him giving problems he has with the game industry before he came up with sequelitis

but I'll give you that his choice of color is excellent. iirc, he apparently paints to learn how to use colors
take a look at Pikachu in Pokeawesome. he's actually a shade of fucking blue, but the way it's used makes him actually look yellow

Aside from Ren and Stimpy what did he do?

/m/ actively reviles internet critics, are you really shocked?

Please don't write like that, have some self-respect.

hannah barbara, ranger smith, and I think he did some music videos for bjork and weird al
also he did a simpsons opening

/m/ is the only (mainstream) place on the net that would easily defend Last Airbender and Dragon Ball Evolution unironically

Whatever you say, I'm not the one crying like A little fagget because a gurl with a hijab was shown for a tenth of a second.

Why do you think?

1:46

> black dude
> lesbo
> muzzie

Max's version of the movie sounds like it could actually go somewhere with competent writers.

Except it couldn't squeeze in all the tie-in references, so it'd never get made. It also goes directly against the message Sony wanted for the film, which was "Aren't our apps fucking cool? Spend your entire life on them."

You retard I'm on your side, I was just telling to your stop writing like you're on your RP account.

We are talking about an obvious ,no-effort-required, cash grab, what kind of usefull feedback do you expect to people to give?
It's not like they tried to make a good movie but got some slight fuckups along the way
No, from the beggining they now exactly what they were doing: they wanted to get quick buck from dumb kids.
People not spending money on their piece of crap is the only feedback they deserve.

Ripping Friends

Must be nice to have mommy and daddy to fall back on once you fuck your shit up in the real world.

It's kind of endemic of current 'pop culture' movies nowadays to miss the point and just try to show us all how gosh darn cool that merchandise is. Like with the Lorax, how the message of the actual story is pretty much watered down and buried in lieu of merchandise and Buy A Mazda. Because damn, Jim Writer, who the fuck is gonna buy our shit if you make them feel BAD about being a tech whore or a mindless consumer?

It's basically pussy tactics from the studios. They are deadly afraid of making the audience feel bad about themselves, because then the audience might not buy more shit.

cringe

Commercial products are as old as fucking Hollywood. There's no reason why Space Jam gets a free pass but Emoji Movie is seen as heartless cash grab.

Literally any concept can be good, just not every concept can be made into a movie. Just like how not every concept can be turned into a 500-page novel.

Emoji Movie would have been fine if they were simple 2D shorts that were like, one or two minutes long and had some basic wordplay and slapstick.

Maybe where Max lives he sees alot of women wearing headscarfs.

I'm well aware of that but at the same time a reviewer who can't actually use their brain to come up with some constructive criticism isn't a good reviewer, this movie is a no effort shit show but if no one made the effort to suggest ways to improve things nothing good would ever happen in the first place.

Jeez ain't that the truth. Also apparently he's still animating, according to that Sup Forums q n' a Julian did>

You sound bitter

He's a jobless guy approaching his 30s living with his working class parents, i wouldn't exactly call that the pinnacle of a fulfilling life.

I never had the luxury of running to mom and dad for help when things got too hard, that doesn't make me bitter. It gives me a sense of pride
Just stronger than you

So, bitter. Gotcha

Wasn't he living out of a car with his cat?

Time to grow up, little girl

HOW?

He was being dramatic.
He immediately moved back in with his parents like most millennials that don't know how to be an adult.

>ponies
>bad

I assume he's changed cuz he went through losing his apartment