Post shitty character designs

Post shitty character designs

Lord, 95% of the problems with character design could be fixed if they didn't make them like piles of play-doh.

You literally can't make gummy worm hair work

I like it

If we imagine Pearl's design is exactly in the middle of Rebecca Sugar's style and whatever Cartoon Network pushes, then Bismuth is the exact opposite end from what Rebecca likes to draw.
That's why she's ugly. Because Rebecca Sugar drawings are gorgeous

OK KO is cheating

The only good looking character that wasn't designed by Sugar herself is Jasper.

The gem is supposed to be indented, not popping out.

is this meant to prove OP wrong? if anything it only shows just how right he is. decent art, well-executed techniques as far as shading and colors go, passable anatomy, but the picture still looks like shit because the character is so poorly designed.

It's just Mike Haggar in mirrored shades.

If your point is "it's lazy" then yeah, agreed.

you could post all of SU.

> Miker Haggar and Steve Armstrong
That's more pathetic

This is Haggar. That other thing is a lumpy pile of garbage. It's lazy ontop of ugly and goofy.

I don't care if you jack it to Mystic Sonia, this show's designs are still ass ugly.

As long as no one is badmouthing the real Mike Haggar, we're good.

>Jasper
>Good Looking
Oh no, he's plain that means his design is bad, right guys?
Bad opinion

Yeah, and Mystic Sonia is really only good on a conceptual level anyways. Fan artists have done far better with her general design than the show ever did.

i remember this show

you are so right

how is he able to control his rat limbs if earlier on he had to poke the brains with his tongue to move?

this a needle connected to his brain, connected to a rat brain that controls the limbs

fair enough, I'll take it.

>Crystal based being as a blacksmith
>Literally a metal with some qualities shared with crystals, the iridescence of bismuth and the physique of a blacksmith

Genuinely curious what you would have run with OP.

show doesn't have enough detail in the art to show that they are dreads.

Do you actually think OP is disgusted by the premise of Bismuth and not xer design?

Nah, I'm just curious what he would actually change.

The multicoloured hair reflects the colour of bismuth itself, so I doubt that could go. You could changed the dreads to a multi-fade I suppose, though that might be annoying to animate.

The bulk is there and fits thematically, so that's not going to go.

I suppose you could give her a different outfit, but the current one is merely a bit plain, but not objectionable.

I have to admit, the grey-blue doesn't really work, but it'd be worse if it weren't a dull blueish colour due to the colour of the hair causing anything more vibrant to clash.

Everything is pretty much fine apart from the hairstyle (and eh on that, as I'm not truly convinced 'gummi dreads' doesn't work), and maybe a lack of accesories on the outfit.

Sugar said she designed Jasper during the same weekend that she designed Peridot, meaning she and the rest of the CGs are the earliest designed gems, and that makes sense since they are the ones who look the best.
Every new character that has appeared after Yellow Diamond looks like shit. Bismuth is the worst.

I mean she has a blacksmith's apron with the same kind of aesthetic design you see in other crystal gem stuff, like Garnet's outfit. If her theme is "muscly strong girl blacksmith" then a coded black character with dreads fits.

The gray blue works well with the red imo. You need the blue gray for the bismuth theme, and that specific tone doesn't actually clash with the hair as much as most other things would.

There is really nothing to complain about here. There is less wrong with this design than anything else in the show. This is an example of well done character design with a simple but well done theme.

>Oh no, he's plain that means his design is bad, right guys?
If you're going to defend something this fucking horrendous, then the least you can do is not strawman.

ITT: 12 year olds who like anime complain about character designs made by real artists.

I don't really like her personality, but what's wrong with her design?

>Black hair peridot
yes please

Homestuck is a furry now?