Bendis Daredevil Pt. 7

Alright guys. This is the last Daredevil thread by Bendis. Bendis wrote a theoretical finale to his series on Daredevil. Technically, this could be considered the LAST Daredevil story. So lets get started. Prior threads are below. Lets do this.

I hate this. I bought it on hardback on release. It was a different time.

I love this. I bought in paperback when it was released. Looking forward to Punisher

There are many many worse things to buy on hardback (I just bought Ultimate Avengers by Millar on hardback). It's by no means perfect but it serves its purpose. And it know it's stupid but I love definitive endings or finite series that don't become ongoing.
>Arkham Batman Series
>Ultimates to Ultimate Comics Ultimates
>Miller's Batman Saga

THAT'S IT

Yeah, I just felt like it should've been something more heroic, y'know? With comic books you can create grand, vast worlds and crazy scenarios. Bendis has the imagination of a business-man.
>It's gritty and realistic so it's good
UGH

He should've went to Hell, fought Mephisto in a boxing ring with his Father coaching him, ultimately lose but be declared more Devil than Man and go to Heaven alongside everyone he's lost along the way.

I didn't initially like it but I enjoyed the art in this series.

>He should've went to Hell, fought Mephisto in a boxing ring with his Father coaching him, ultimately lose but be declared more Devil than Man and go to Heaven alongside everyone he's lost along the way.
I'd pay good money to see that. I want you to incorporate Ghost Rider in some way.

I know this is a pivotal page in the series but it still caught me completely off guard.

Sorry for the pause. Had to resize a couple pages.

The is the epitome of Bendis' writing.

>just bought Ultimate Avengers by Millar on hardback
But Ultimate Avengers is amazing? It's, no bullshit, Millar's Magnum Opus.

I fucking love you. I'm just so used to people saying its garbage that I downplayed it. The Omnibus includes Volumes 1-3 plus Aveners vs. Ultimates. I consider it the true followup to Millar's Ultimates.

Jeez did Kingpin eat his last croney?

I'm actually glad Bendis included a short little recap. Helpful for people that maybe didn't read the prior series.

I love it when heroes and villains make their confrontations in a public space. Like when they visit in their apartment, office, or resturant.

It's Millar pulling a Millar on his own works. At face value, it's just edge for the sake of edge and pretty shitty. Hell, I didn't think it was any good my first time reading it. Years later, I reread it all and it donned on me that it actually had this layer of self-awareness that I didn't notice my first time reading it.

It's Millar doing for the Ultimates what the Ultimates did for the Avengers. It's what happens when you take something that's already edgy and cinematic and trying to make it edgier and more cinematic. It pretty much wraps back around and becomes a black comedy in the end and I love it for it.
>keeps saying how they're a BLACK OPS team
>every mission they go on ends up being a giant Michael Bay-esque clusterfuck
It's genuinely brilliant.

That last panel is horrifying

Also love all the little spins on characters that genuinely make it distinct from 616.
>Nerd Hulk
>Punisher Cap
>Red Skull
>Psychic Spider
>Tyronne Cash
>Ghost Rider VP
>Gregory Stark

There were so many good ideas introduced and they all meshed together brilliantly. The final arc where the Avengers face off against the Ultimates is batshit insane and I love it.

>Heroes don't kill.
That's a very narrow minded viewpoint.

He's not wrong. He tried it the "official way" and he just got off.

HOLY SHIT! There's a new Daredevil!

OP's a faggot.

lol

Lol

bump

My man

I like that this is a callback to Elektra stabbing Urich years ago.

Did Matt impregnate everyone?

There's a look of panic in his eyes.

M A P O N E
bump

I was actually surprised by the reveal of "mapone". I know everyone may not agree but I was satisfied by the ending.

I'm 5 episodes into the Defenders and so far its my least favorite series. I feel like maybe I'm just not getting it but in my opinion it just isn't living up to its potential. Here's hoping the final 3 episodes stick the landing.

Bump

Awesome! Great read, missed this when it was published. Thanks, OP

Anytime. Also you're awesome.

My man!

Punisher is look rough.