Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Really bizarre watching someone as hardened as Frank basically turn into a whimpering puppy in Cap's presence.

I thought he didnt wanted to fight back cause it would have damaged more the morale of the anti regs.
Frank civil war tie ins were alright.

Frank having respect for Cap isn't new, buy I find the idea that he's a fan boy and wouldn't throw a punch ridiculous.

Mark Millar.

Always and forever

well from the looks of it the captain is wrong, since frank has clearly yielded and he keeps hitting him

Why wouldn't he be a fanboy? Cap was basically the poster boy for the army in the MU. "Join the army and YOU too can be like Cap!" Any young man who joined the Army in the MU would idolize Cap.

Matt fraction give the scene so much more depth and meaning

The only worthwhile interaction between Steve and Frank.

Holy shit nobody said comics could be like this

That always struck me as being extremely savage. He hit his neck/shoulder with the fucking shield's edge while simultaneously hitting his head with his knee. Frank isn't even superpowered, he would be permanently fucked by that.

Nobody. Frank wouldn't fight his superior officer, and Cap won't kill Frank.

Both in the wrong. Frank deserved it for murdering two villains who had basically surrendered, and Cap lashed out in anger at Frank in a rare case of him losing his cool.

Most people would fanboy for Cap.

Frank never wanted to be the Punisher. He knows he's fucked up. He probably wishes he could be better like that.

Frank would fight a superior officer if he didn't like him, but Cap isn't just a superior officer. Cap is the best.

I recall reading it and feeling so appalled. Frank kills killers, or organized criminal members that have unquestionably profited by ruining lives.
At the time, I thought the pair of c-list villains he capped were thieves at best, wanted for aggravated assault at worst.
War Journal Punisher from the late 80's early 90's didn't kill people like that. Meting out justice for those who ruined lives were his targets. It was just such shitty writing to forcibly create an event between Cap and Frank.

Does anyone have a higher quality version this. I thought it was fun.

This desu.

kino

I thought Frank was enlisted? They never said anything about him going to college and to be an officer in the us military you need a college degree

He was a Captain in the Marines before joining the Navy SEALs.

I thought he volunteered after dropping out of priest school.

Those are separate branches of the military though. It's like someone from the Coast Guard joining the Blue Angels.

The Marines are still under the Secretary of the Navy, user.

Yes but does a member of the Secret Service have the opportunity to become head of the Treasury Department?

Punisher, bitch deserves every beating he gets

Yeah, they had already fought three times prior too this, and while Frank would often to try to reason with Cap, more so then he would DD or Spidey, he wouldn't just let him fucking wail on him.

yes, actually they do. they'd have to be appointed by the standing president and they would leave the secret service in the process, but theirs nothing that says they can't hold the office.

Neither was wrong. Did you miss the part where cap talks about symbols? Captain America stands for more than Steve Rogers, just like the idea of the Punisher is more (and less) than Frank Castle. Whatever broken thing Frank is now, once he looked up to and was inspired by Captain America. And it's kind of his whole fucking deal to be the guy who commits horrible murder to protect the integrity of Captain America. Cap beats the shit out of Frank and calls Frank crazy because Cap gets it and he doesn't like it. It's perverse to Cap. While Frank takes the ass whipping because that's what Frank does and when he stands up he says "I won" because he did. America is protected by Frank Castles sacrifice.
His crazy, fucked up murder boner sacrifice.
See above. Killing C-listers who actually made sense was done on purpose. It's always the grey area shit that makes sense that fucks you.
>Yes but does a member of the Secret Service have the opportunity to become head of the Treasury Department?
Please don't be american. Be from brazil or europoor or some where.
The marines are an elite infantry force under the navy. Seals recruit from Recon Marines all the time and Delta recruits from everybody. The Marines also still have the last commendation promotion up to full bird Col. of any american military force. It's a tradition that actually predates the United States of America and I don't know who the last one was. I'm going to say it had to happen in Korea.