Sunday Superman Thread

It's that time again. Has it really been a week already?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/unRWrdDKfxU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A few hours early I know, but along with the usual, I want to shake things up a little. A game of sorts. Let's see who can find the best combo of image related and a suitable background. Moving, badass, funny, whatever.

An example from another thread I just threw together. Let's have some fun!

Superman is my favorite hero ever.

Whenever i feel bad about something or feel unmotivated, i think about what Superman would say to me.

>Lone manly tear.
Every time.

Is it weird to want to be him?

I am unironically going to wear my new Superman-shield tshirt to opening night of Justice League, and feel amazing doing so.

Fuck dude

>is it weird to want to be the greatest fictional character ever created?

Always.

I can't bring myself to have any hope for Justice League after MoS and BvS, but I'm glad you still can.

I dunno, is it weird i'm a dude who wants to be held by him?

I'm sorry user. I wish you could. I've generally enjoyed the DCEU and credit Man of Steel for actually getting me to look past that whole 'boring flying brick' normie/Batfag view of Superman and actually read the stories. My favorites so far is First Thunder. I've been a DC fan for nearly two decades, never gave Supes a fair shake, and he's quickly become one of my favorites.

(Not him) I get what you're saying but that's akin to thinking

>gee getting shot in the dick has really made me appreciate guns as a sport

As someone who has been reading Superman since COIE first hit shelves, I am over the moon happy that the MoS and BvS """""""""""films"""""""""" have garnered new readers for the actual books, though. So I guess it's not all bad.

You're at the club and this guy slaps your girlfriends ass

What do you do Sup Forums?

I guess I'm just one of the percentage that liked the interpretation. I will say I look forwards to them making him more akin to post-Crisis/Superdad if the leaks are true, but he is close enough for me to enjoy him anyway.

I think you really had to have a fixation on an exact portrayal for MoS to be 'not muh'. I mean it makes sense, as it's why Superdad is back. Batman can and has been reinvented. Superman is... well... Superman. COIE created a renfition that has made fans accept no substitutes as far as I can see.

Tell the nearest staff member he's going to need a mop, and start looking for a new girlfriend?

What girlfriend?

If the Thought Robot slapped my girlfriend on the ass, she'd either be erased from existence or become the ultimate archetype for all girlfriends.

youtu.be/unRWrdDKfxU

Why would you actively want to make somone enjoy something they like less? Is it really that important everyone dislikes the DCEU as much as its detractors? It it worth removing a joy, of any quantity, from someones life?

C'mon user, you are better than that.

>settle for mediocrity rather than hurt someones feels

No thanks.

Picked this issue up a few days ago, mainly for the cover. Hanging on my wall now.

What are some of your favorite covers?

Oh it also sits next to this one, which was used for issue 675. Was so happy to find it.

Jimenez's variants have been on a streak of high quality and rememberable concepts.

I missed that one. Really wanted it too.

Hopefully I'll find it for sale online at some point.

Idk why but I love this pic

now who could be behind this post?

Except, trying to align someones views with you, and make them LESS happy with something, especially someone you don't even know, on such an unimportant subject, says more about you than it does the DCEU.

Are you sure you wouldn't be more at home in a Lex Luthor thread? You monster?

I'm going in with zero expectations, so I'll be happy either way.

All the American Alien covers are fantastic.

Because another little kid is completely in love with Superman. It's a shame the DCEU rustles so many older fans jimmies, as it's still winning those kids hearts, and you still see plenty of Superman costumes at halloween.

Hell, I saw three DC shirts in a local store. It was Superman, a gothic Batman skull, and Joker. I think a lot of people are worried the DCEU will 'change' Superman. But I don't think that's likely.

My biggest and really only issue is that because of how widely viewed films are, this becomes the standard view of the character throughout the general populous.

When asking a random person around the world to describe superman, odds are you're gonna get the snyder version to some degree....and that's the saddest damn thing in the world.

There's nothing wrong with people developing their own versions of a character, but claiming it to be the OG and dismissing everything to come beforehand is wrong.

This desu. They want all the "impactful" and iconic moments, without everything that builds up towards making those moments what they are in the first place.

>oh no supermans dead
>isn't this such a world changing event?

No. It's not because there is no weight behind it.

Love this moment.

Only if it's weird for me to want it too.

I can understand that. It's how it's worked out for Marvel at least, as the exposure difference is so high. Chin up though bro, they might get him 'right' yet, and MoS and BvS just end up a forgotten blip.

It's not MoS and BvS that make me nervous. It's Avengers and Age of Ultron. I thought Zack Snyder absolutely delivered with his films, both visually and narratively, what I'd like to see in a modern Superman story. But while Avengers is ok, AoU really makes me doubt Whedon do right by the film with his reshoots.

I think the best way to look at is that if you like the DCEU as is, the film is mostly Snyder and plotted, so there is limited damage Whedon can do, and if you dislike the DCEU, then Whedon can slap a whole lotta grease on the lens to mask the ugliness.

I'd settle for keeping the tone consistant with the DCEU so far, but making Superman lighter and more upbeat (less burdoned perhaps), and I suspect (even without the leaks) Whedon will do that. Keeping the Snyder tone but having a brighter Superman would really make the latter stand out all the more.

To add, I'm worried that if Whedon gets his own movies (other than Batgirl, whivh is going to be hilarious as she is made blandly competant, allowed to face no real hardship or suffer after the whole Black 'Monster' Widow fiasco) he will try and make the DCEU too bright. As much as I love Superman, the DCEU is is a pretty grim place at times.

Gotham as a whole, Professor Zoom and his relationship to Barry, a literal hell dimension every looming, the Vertigo-verse in the background unseen, Arthur's son and Black Manta, Jason and his fate, ect. Even Superman himself has gone through some shit.

What happened after this?

Darkseid got his shit pushed in, realized

>I can't win this

Then remembered he had Kryptonite in his back pocket

Kryptonite was a mistake. It's become such a common thing, that all the villains are so knowledgable about, that Superman might as well just stay home (*shrug* "C'mon Bruce, you know as well as I do that they are going to pull out a certain green rock, and then I'm dead weight) or wear that lead-lined battlesuit from the Smallville S11 comic as his main costume.

Stand aside, nerds.

Issue?

I kinda wish Krypto stuck with the wolf look from nu52

Superman Rebirth #25

Why did Superman never ask Bruce or Steel or some actually competent scientist to develop a Kryptonite-resistant suit with a helmet that automatically pops on when he's about to get KRYPTONITED?

Now it's perfect

Or some bullshit shield that does it, and the artist only has to draw some minor visual effect so they don't have to do a redesign.

That said, the answer is clearly because then they would have to write clever rather than relying on an overused plot device.

Agreed. Nice job.

what happened to super doggo?

Fuck that's nice.

I'm still in the camp of hopeful people that after the events of Doomsday Clock, supes will get the undies back.

Nah bro, it would be amazing, but it's as much movie synergy as it is a design decision. Only Batman in that fabulous purple cape is exempt of the trinity.

Still around. Helped out during the Zod and co battle in Superman like 3 or 4 issues back. He's back to looking like normal cute doggo. But I would like a Husky Krypto.

Didn't Rich have an article not too long ago saying they might be back from Action #1000? Hope it's true.

>Action #1000

Shit that's probably gonna be next year. Hype as fuck.

Better be a 100 page special. 1000 in a perfect world, but that's a bit overzealous.

Bet ya any money it'll be a reprint of action #1 for the cover.

Any good Superman reactions images that you guys might wanna share?

Thanks user

>Darkseid got his shit pushed in,
What issue was this?

really love this moment.

Literally every time they've ever fought in an even fight.

Supes always shits all over Darkseid.

You've been brainwashed by /r/whowouldwin. A cancerous place you should return to.

How can someone with x-ray vision be so polite?

do you think he looks at Lois? Hell maybe she gets off on knowing he is.

Go back to OBD faggot, Darkseid shits on Superman anytime he get's serious, just take OWAW event as an example. And that was just his avatar.

When I'm at home alone, I also put on fancy lingerie and pose for an imaginary photo shoot. It's the little touches that keep DC's modern mythology of gods and monsters grounded.

kek

Look at every fight they've had. It's supermans way by a factor of 4 or 5 to 1. Including the times Darkseid had to resort to Kryptonite.

We had a thread talking about it a while back and why plebs like you get hard over out of context panels. Go back to your shitty versus sub.

> just his avatar
hmmm

>Darkseid shits on Superman anytime he get's serious

It's literally the reverse. How new are you to comics? Have you got passed the wiki reading stage yet?

Go to bed Uxas.

So Brainiac > Darkseid?

post the rest of it, where Supes beats the crap out of him.

Love the ending scene on earth

Supes never beats the crap out of him, he wins by taking advantage of Brainiac's really weird weakness, not by overpowering him. Every attempt at the latter ends in failure.

Supes never beats the crap out of him, he wins by taking advantage of Brainiac's really weird one-arc weakness, not by overpowering him. Every attempt at the latter ends in failure. If nothing else, the punch-catch scene should make it really clear which one is physically stronger.

>only posting half the argument
bet you're a lefty

Clark completely controls the fight in the second half. Posting out of context and only in parts.

Should be punishable by death.