Are you looking forward to the comeback of 2D animated feature films?

Are you looking forward to the comeback of 2D animated feature films?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jUDr7aJEBMY
youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It already happened.

I said animated, not slide show

He said film, not shit spread between cels.

Yes,

I am.

Transformers and Hanazuki movies MUST be successful, otherwise we're stuck with ultra detailed Disney CGI

What about the other one that's coming out in 7 weeks?

>tfw we will never get a lps movie

That one's going to be shit, because Barney is ALWAYS shit.

Holy shit, a Barney the Dinosaur movie?

Didn't they reboot LPS recently?

Yes but Netflix only, and it doesn't look very good.

is there a trailer or any episodes or something? It doesn't seem to be showing up on youtube

Well, yeah, but it doesn't have the same characters, artstyle, writing team etc, so what's even the point... I mean I will check it out anyway but I don't have high hopes, my only hope for it is that it will spark new interest for LPS2012 possibly, or at least we might have more threads about it by comparing the two etc etc
They will release some shorts later this fall, but the cartoon is going to premiere in 2018

>Littlest Pet Shop centers around a world made by pets for pets where a portal opens up and the pets can do things

This sounds suspiciously like they're trying to copy the fantasy world formula of their more successful cartoon

Hype. I haven't even watched the show in 5 years, but i'm going to take my little sister and watch this in theatres.

Traditional Animation will live on.

It's still better than the Barney movie.

a brony in denial.

What films are coming from them?

hanazuki, stretch armstrong (don't know if that will be 2D or 3D), and a certain other franchise we're not allowed to talk about has a movie coming out in october

Hasbro plan to have a feature film every year starting from 2020, not sure if that includes transformers

so this is the new challenger.

shame they'll do only toy commercials.

Stretch Armstrong will be 2D. It's having one of the producers from Spectacular Spider-Man working on it.

source ?

If they want to pick up money on the table, it's all up to them. There is a demand for 2D animation, (albiet I have no idea how big that demand is) so I'm okay with someone filling it.

even as a ponyfag, the movie looks like shit. It doesn't look *bad* per se, it just looks like every other kids action/adventure movie in the past 15 years.

-generic big evil guy comes out of nowhere and fucks everything up
-main characters have to go on a big journey and meet new friends along the way
-get the macguffins
-trash the villain

and with all the usual condiments:

-dumb, silly evil henchman character to make the kids laugh
-pop songs out the ass
-big pop star playing a role in the movie, just so Hasbro can plaster her name all over the advertisements, and then her role will only be like, 1 minute total in the movie

etc.

the devoted hasbro cocksuckers will love it, obviously, but as a movie, it looks to be highly generic and mediocre, playing it as safe as possible.

The thing is, there aren't a lot of animated movies about adventure and fantasy anymore, so the movie may succeeded because of that.

Sponge Out of Water already did that

But all the millennials are crying it wasn't CGI like it advertised

That movie was Fucking good damn it

>there aren't a lot of animated movies about adventure and fantasy anymore

Literally wrong.

THIS

add to this the fact that it's a "girl" movie, and thus, people will be more reluctant to see it in theaters.

Powerpuff Girls Movie was really nice, got good reviews, but it bombed hard at the box office because of the stigma of being "for girls" and thus barely anyone went to see it.

test

Aside from the pop music stuff, it doesn't sound like "kids action/adventure movie in the past 15 years", just most "kids action/adventure movies" in general. I'm okay with this, don't mind generic, but I'm not a fan of the show' status quo right now, the changed designs or the whole pop music stuff, so I'm cautious. But looks like Ingram worked on the soundtrack, so might be pretty good in that end.

Had no idea they had been working on so many 2D movies, sounds neat.

This. Can't have enough fantasy colorful 2D animation. If they manage to bring back more 80s IPs in a good way, even better.

>But looks like Ingram worked on the soundtrack, so might be pretty good in that end.

I've found his recent work for recent seasons of the show to be very underwhelming.

He seems to have picked up a nasty habit of making generic, formulaic-sounding pop songs. I don't know what it is about them, but that's the only way I can describe them, "formulaic"...they sound like every other top-40 pop song playing on the radio.

Don't forget about the terrible shading and semi 3D scenes that look straight out of a N64. It's 2D done terribly on top of a terrible plot. The usual hasdrones will eat it up though in the same way they eat up EqG

Powerpuff Girls came out in the middle of summer surrounded by intense competition.

Barney is coming out against fucking nothing.

yeah, that too. The whole "2D animation set on top of a separate 3D plane" thing was disorienting, at least, in the trailer it was.

The staff has already said that the trailer was utterly fucked up.
Look at the German trailer to see the fixed shading for example

And Popples was even worse than I predicted. Jesus...

the only thing that can save this movie is writing.

heard l. faust forced the writers to come up with somethig unique

>Faust

She hasn't been associated with FIM since 2011 or so.

What's that?

And these pets are all rainbow colored as well...hmmm...

Littlest Pet Shop had a cartoon back in 1995, long before MLP became popular.

I'm just gonna watch cuz the 2 new female characters look...

SatAM Dr: Robotnic: ...nice. VERY...nice.

Actually, the ones from the reboot aren't rainbow colored at all, you filthy ponyfag

MLP had a cartoon back in the 80's, before LPS was a thing.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Hell, I used to wake up to watch it. (I will choke out anyone who says I had a thing for Viv. I just liked her accent) It was better than the reboot. and second reboot. And the only odd-colored animal was Chloe. The 1st reboot went all rainbow-colored diminutive talking animals. ALREADY biting a pony trait.

not the point I was making

People accuse LPS(2012) of being a ripoff of MLP(2010), but it's really not. LPS had its own cartoon back in the 90s, and the toy line has always been similar to MLP's, with rainbow-colored animals.

LPS didn't rip off MLP, they've always been similar, so of course the cartoons are going to be similar as well.

>bright blue turtle
>bright red hamster

because those are totally natural colors

And besides, the LPS (2012) cartoon was way better than MLP (2010)

These look terrible.

You wanna compare?
Yeah, sadly it doesn't look as good as the other lps was

except the movie.

Oh, cool. There ARE girls here.

She has nothing to do with the movie.
She hates Hasbro, she even refuses to watch the show after the first season because she doesn't want to see what they did with her creation.

I know you wanted to insult me with bait or something, but turns out I... actually really am a girl so, um, well guessed?

>mfw i started watching that yesterday

Watched the first dozen episodes so far and honestly, Blythe and Penny are the main reasons I keep watching.
I don't give a rats ass about the other pets and some episodes the writing gets rather cringy. Do they keep abusing the So Awkward Lol! schtick in the later seasons?

On the plus side, I love the animation even though the eyes took some getting used to.

Get out of my board.
MLP is bettrtt

I'm not surprised, Barneyfags really have terribly shitty taste.

>Barney
>good

You're not even trying, user.

Educated guess. MLP is actually more popular with GUYS. One of those facts that is not well known. LPS is more popular with girls...since, well, it's uber-girly.

I'll be honest and say that the first episodes aren't really that great, some are outright painful even for me, but it truly only gets better as you keep watching, by the time you reach s2 you'll know what I'm talking about, and by the time you reach s3 you'll probably agree

Do they have to have eyelashes like they trying to be like mommy but look like furry cheap whores instead?

>since, well, it's uber-girly
I mean, they both are in equal measure

>past the first season

But she worked on the second season in its entirety.

I can't see her taking offense to anything in S2 except the last two episodes, since they force another alicorn into the show, a pretty-pink-princess at that.

But yeah, she's not working on the movie. If she was, you could bet your ass and dick and balls that the entire fandom would be screaming about it.

No not really.

I'd actually say that LPS is less girly than MLP, if only for the fact that it has substantially more non-female main characters, and it's set in a normal human world instead of a pretty girly pony world.

She barely worked on S2.
She left halfway trough the writing stage, which is the earliest stage.

Which part of female colorful magical equines is more masculine than regular colorful animals of both genders?
This, yeah

Alright, I'll keep watching then.

Would you by any chance have a download for s2 e22+23? The folder I got the show from was missing those for some bizarre reason.

Sadly not, my friend, those episodes weren't even on the streaming site I used, as far as I remember, I watched them on netflix at my friend's home, try on Dailymotion
Coincidentally, s2ep22 is my favorite out of all of them, but that's only because I love Sunil and Vinnie and their cute bromance, plus the song is good, Ingram originally pitched the tune to be the Gravity Falls intro theme

The animation still looks weird imo

I'm not familiar with current pop songs, so no idea. But I found the last episode's song catchy, and generally like his work on both MLP, LPS and EqG. He manages to channel other styles like Danny Elfman on occasion. So, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

I thought they changed the character designs to distance the movie from her, even.

They changed the characters design so they could make them more expressive with animation.

Holy shit you made me realize this is true. It looks like a generic kids action movie, but a kids action movie from the 90s. Like damn.

honesty this animation look very good.

>Barney
>good
>at all
You're giving it too much credit.

you talk exactly like someone who has never seen mlp in his life

>more expressive
>reaction images: the animated show
Well, if they say so... not a fan of the square heads personally.

Literally look up any press release. They have Vic Cook as one of the producers.

ahh, its a cartoon, thought it was going to be a movie

Yeah those faces are way worse and definitely not as expressive

Nothing can out-whore Bratz Catz.

youtube.com/watch?v=jUDr7aJEBMY

if you dont like the show in general, so dont talk of animation.

scary

They mentioned it alongside their movie plans as well.

Even scarier that MULTIPLE people thought it was good idea. We're talking like, 20-60 people. Nobody said jack shit pre-launch. They knew what they were doing.

it's still shit though

The movie is way more fluid, but yeah. I still prefer the show's adorable yet simple designs.

Big deal, 550 people thought dystopia is a great subject for a Disney movie:
youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

>Barney is coming out against fucking nothing.
Comes out on the same day.

>thinks theyll save 2d animation
>makes this shit

>Barneyfag likes shit arts online

If the rest of your sad pathetic existence wasn't a glowing recommendation for talking horses, that one statement was.

hey will save nothing, it's like doug's 1st movie all over again

If that's cheaper than most action figures these days, I'm OK-ish with it. Being a kid these days seems to be expensive.

I'm not sure it's more fluid, even. It kinda looks like a Don Bluth movie, kinda pretty, but sorta... slow motion? It's like a weird framerate.

Will even Taye Diggs be enough to save that shitty pony movie?

I'm not defending that game because I haven't played it, but I can imagine if I did, it would still be better than Barneyshit.

I wonder how actual kids feel about these toys. Or are they too busy playing on their phones? When I worked in a store, at least, I noticed kids gravitating towards Hasbro's 12" figures, even if they're super simple.

Like, is Hasbro making more money off of these because they are cheaper to make? Collector-oriented, high articulation stuff is great, but if you're losing money on it...it's not that great from the business's standpoint.