What is the general consensus on this?

What is the general consensus on this?

I liked it but it feels more like a what-if event. I don't think the serpent was ever mentioned outside of the event?

It was pretty good, I thought. Better than most recent Marvel events, for sure.

He's in the current Thor comics.

He's in Thor's book now, I thought he did in Fear itself...hell I don't even remember then end of that book or why Thor is alive. It pretty forgettable. There's some good moments and I'll remember it for being an event book that was trash hero vs hero. It had some decent side books. It's very mediocre.

>captain america & thor have movies coming out?
>let's feature them in an event comic

Marvel most nforgetable event outside Colossus becoming the juggernaut and Tony Stark getting drunk with dwarves.

That would be SIXIS

I liked the stakes. The Avengers had to stop the Serpent from powering up or Odin was going to come down and destroy everything. The Asgardian armor was sweet too.

There's the whole thing about Bucky dying but that didn't last long at all.

What a stupid event. It felt like two unrelated plot lines smashed together. We went from the Red Onslaught to some stupid plot about everyone turning evil.

I feel that the hate for this series was overblown. Compared to what came later, it's no way near the top 5 worst Marvel events.

The fact that you guys forgot Original Sin, that came out the same year as Axis, shows you there's an even bigger forgettable event.

There was a bit where... I think an evil Thing had to fight spider-man? That was a really fun story. Rest of the event was ho hum.

Remember Chaos War?

>I forgot what the big secret even was.
Wasn't it why he killed the beyonder...? Or something?

>Remember Chaos War?
That was a minor event, whereas Original Sin was a mega crossover.

Original Sin was fucking weird. Every issue was "NICK FURY TELL US THE SECRET!" and then then it ended with Fury going "Ok I'm going to tell you the secret" only to repeat that whole bit next issue.

I forgot what the big secret even was.

Well Original sin introduced Silk and the Thor losing his hammer shit.
Watcher Nick Fury appeared in Black Widow's book.

The WATCHER oh fuck I can't believe I mixed those two up

Oh yeah why he killed the Watcher. I think Watcher wanted Fury to take his eye or something.

The thing I remember best from Original Sin was the Iron Man/Hulk mini. That was basically as perfect an Iron Man and Hulk story as you can get.

That he killed the watcher and that he did it to cover up the fact that he had been preemptively destroying entire invasion forces before they ever became a problem. Even the Watcher wasn't going to tell anyone and honestly didn't seem to even fucking care. Speaking of dumb things remember that it revealed that Banner was a stupid asshole and that the gamma bomb specifically mutating him was indirectly his own fault for not swallowing his pride and listening to Tony ?

I left off OS because it actually did have some "consequence" towards the next event, like Standoff did.

that would be original sin aka we need to get rid of the original fury and add some unneeded history to characters

Skirn was hot

>tfw Wolverine there would probably be replaced by fucking Medusa or some shit if this event happened this year

It was pretty fucking forgettable. I think there were evil versions of heroes (again) and Sentry tore someone up, or maybe that was Siege. Anyway, it did have one of the best side stories running alongside it in Journey into Mystery at the time, although then again Gillen was knocking it out of the park in general with JiM, so that's not really a point in the event's favor.

It had a cool core concept ("There's something so old that only Odin remembers it, and so scary that even Odin fears it, and now that damn thing is waking up!"). However, the execution was pretty sketchy. For example, we barely saw all of Tony's hand-crafted neo-Asgardian armor and weapons -- and then the event was over.

"Bad execution of a good or not-bad idea", is pretty much what Marvel does now.

It was fucking terrible and was the last straw I had for Fraction. I will never read him again. Only even I've read worse than this was CWII and that is barely worse. I wouldn't be surprised if I hate Fear Itself more than CWII in a few years, CWII anger is still fresh

Yep. Original Sin shit all over everything.

My dad actually wrote a tie-in for fear itself.

And he's been reduced to Asgard's cranky old uncle trying to get with the times and make the Congress run smoothly. It's funny to read FI knowing that.

It was a Thor event, so of course, Thor got the best parts. Cap too, but he said avengers assemble too many times, that wasn't entirely great.

Which one?