I think we can agree that Billy and Mandy was about on par with pre-movie SpongeBob...

I think we can agree that Billy and Mandy was about on par with pre-movie SpongeBob, but why is it that SpongeBob was more successful?
Is it because SpongeBob is more quotable? I can't really think of much that is quotable from BaM but I know I laughed at BaM as much, if not more, than SpongeBob as a kid.

because it's for kids and billy and mandy was too witty for them

kids love retards and slap stick humour, B n M has only one retard, billy

spongebob has two, sponge and patrick

Never underestimate overprotective parents.

I remember a lot of my friends not being allowed to watch Billy & Mandy or Evil Con Carn because of their dark themes and often grotesque humor. Spongebob also had lots of graphic humor but it's edginess wasn't it's selling point lime it was for Maxwell's shows (though I still knew several kids who weren't allowed to watch spongebob, fairly odd parents, invader zim, or ren & stimpy either)

Watching the intro to spongebob and just the name alone tells you it's a lighthearted goofy show while the names and intros of the Maxwell shows came off as heavy and disturbing.

It's similar to why Minions is more popular than Coraline. Wider demographic and more "safe" for kids.

Billy and Mandy was too harsh when compared to Spongebob (same with Rocko)

This. One of my friends wasn't allowed to watch just because Grim was in it.

my grandma said billy and mandy was from the devil

you think Maxwell would have let Jashi happen?

well, if the devil exists, then she is right.

Going to have to agree with this. Also, B&A had several more hit-or-miss episodes than Spongebob did, not to mention that Spongebob's S1 episodes are far more bearable than S1 B&A, which is almost unmemorable and has no good quotes to come from it.

Part of me wonders how B&A even got a second season.

I think Billy and Mandy went overboard on the repetition/long silence gags way too often. Most of those aren't even funny.

the fuck is B&A

Billy and Arsonist who did 9/11, duh.

sure man

Please pass the egg salad.

RAGGLE FRAGGLE

Spongebob is a cute and cuddly character that little babies can enjoy as well as older kids, and is easy to make lots of toys and merchandise out of.

B&M has a skeleton as a main character and is too scary for small children.

You present a show with a grinning yellow smiley face as the main character, and a show with a robed skeleton and an angry girl as the main characters, who do you think American parents are going to prefer their kids watching?

Because one of the main characters is literally death.

I guess because if you were born around 1992-1994 and later, you would've had SpongeBob shoved in your face every which way as a kid, so it was easier for you to acquire a taste for its scenarios and humour. I'm not saying Nickelodeon brainwashed us into liking it, but it recieved more attention than its contemporaries because of this.

no one mentioned another dimension

AHHH! SOMEBODY HELP ME!

I think it was because BnM was way more hit and miss.

So tell me Sup Forums, wich series Caused The Biggest amount of Autism in terms of fanbase?

Probably sonic if you're looking at both net autism and per capita. It's been around too long and on far too many forms of media while also being accessible and friendly from an outward glance so parents don't think twice about it.

it tastes like my cat!

Im still trying to figure out in my 38 years of life how in the living fuck Sonic Became The biggest Pit of Degeneracy and autism on the internet
What brings kids into it?
What makes them Create such insane amounts of Oddities that to this very day Resonate on every Corner on the internet?
Why?
Is there a way to stop it?
Questions questions....

Mass appeal and better advertising/merchandising.

It's a combination of escapism and fantasy along with having interesting but easily followed stories and characters and again being available through a ton of games, cartoons, and comics at this point. Same sort of shit gets people watching any cartoon or playing videogames or collecting trading cards as a grown ass adult, just another thing to pass the time and it really gets the 'tism going in some people.

I know one aspect is that the art style is very easily replicated, even badly, it still looks like a "Sonic character". Same with the horse show, drawing a horse in profile is extremely easy.