Power Armor Thread

I love power armor, but I hate that piece of shit Tony Stark, and he's the only major armored "hero" around.

Yeah, there are others, but most likely nobody's ever heard of them. Skyrocket, the Rocket Red Brigade, the Atomic Knights... All great, all literally whos.

And of course, the instant anyone tries to have a different armored character prominent, absolutely everyone will immediately call them an Iron Man ripoff. Shit's just not fair.

Comicbook artists can't draw decent power armor to save their lives

I wish there would be less slim armor, and far more bulky flying tanks. The materials that Stark has access to (most of the time) wouldn't be able to protect him from some of the damage he takes.

Wait for the next Starship Troopers cgi movie.

>I hate that piece of shit Tony Stark
Fuck off Banner.

Motherfuckers can't even draw normal ass CLOTHES. Lazy bodypaint looking bullshit.

Heavier materials also don't allow for flight.

Stark is a total shitheel. The whole point of protagonists who are arrogant jackasses, is that they've earned the right to be full of themselves due to actually being every bit as hyper competent as they claim. Tony fucking sucks though, and for all his morally repugnant bullshit, hasn't accomplished a damn thing.

>Heavier materials also don't allow for flight.
That's nonsense, you just need MORE POWER!

t.Rogersfag

>"I can't articulate a proper argument cause I'm retarded. So instead, I'll just accuse them of being a fan of some other character! "
Nigga, either let this be a real discussion, or shut the fuck up. Your husbando is a useless sack of crap who fails at pretty much everything he does. And in fairness to you, your inability to do anything but try to force this into a fan base thing is likely more indicative of you knowing full well that you cannot defend your boy in any substantial manner. And if that is the case, fuck off and cry about it.

I like Bunker from Sentinels of the Multiverse
None of the suits can fly but they are hefty tankers like that.

I liked a lotof the ideas that iron man had, but never really the series itself. Really kind of wanted something more akin to Moore's Hypernaut from 1963. Kind of found it in X-O Manowar with a touch of Conan thrown in as an unexpected surprise

Power Rangers are in kind of a grey spot in this regard. The suits protect them and grant them enhanced abilities, but they almost never have any sort of plating.

The movie suits looked better than the series suits, since they actually had some substance to them.

I'm talking about the Ivan Ooze movie just to be clear, never seen that 'modern' power rangers film.

Agreed. Though apparently, the suits were a fucking nightmare to work in. Too hot.

That's an important aspect of power armor that doesn't get brought up too often, temperature regulation.

>tfw Skyrocket is doomed to forgotten obscurity
I really miss Power Company.

Also they were apparently really fucking flimsy and were already falling apart during the movie.

Makes sense. Much as I like them, they ultimately look like high end cosplay.

not only that but tech in capeshit only exists to job

if you took an actually good character like steel or hardware and gave them as much screentime as iron man, they would be a useless piece of shit too

To be fair, metas ain't got much luck either, considering comic books as a whole revolve around Batman.

yeah everything's gotta be dragged down to batman or captain america's level. makes shit real boring.

>The materials that Stark has access to (most of the time) wouldn't be able to protect him from some of the damage he takes.
I often wonder why they don't give stark a an electromagnetic "force field" that stops most damage, that way it makes sense, and when the field goes down it can up the tension of the fight because now hits will actually get to his body easily.

like look at this, riri getting shot right in her dumb face and the bullets don't even make a dent on her armor.

oh also look into Tech Jacket if you haven't OP

>I often wonder why they don't give stark a an electromagnetic "force field" that stops most damage, that way it makes sense, and when the field goes down it can up the tension of the fight because now hits will actually get to his body easily.
that's how the old metal spandex armors worked