Ruins your show

>Ruins your show

twice

Other urls found in this thread:

webtoons.com/en/challenge/kamenlife/list?title_no=104929
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Casting a WHITE MALE to play a character that is also a WHITE MALE in the original source material
wtf I hate marvel now.

I wish they hired an actor.

Probably should've made him a super-businessman. Daredevil was interesting because he was a super-lawyer, Claire was a super-nurse, Luke is a super-blackman and Jessica was super-drunk

I wish it didn't have to be this way. Why is the one I wanted to love the most the absolute worst?

Or at least a stuntman that knew martial arts

He's a super-idiot

They should have made him a pulpy 1970s kung fu character just as Cage was riffing off 1970s blaxploitation. That's why they go together so well.

All Iron Fist has to do is have great fights, you can't clone Bruce Lee (Unless you're Joseph Kong) but that aesthetic should be the goal. Martial arts tournaments, clear fight direction, none of this mumbling monotonous "muh city" "muh company" garbage. Simple, to the point. 5 or 6 episodes set entirely in the East. And no him being white is not the problem. He's fucking dull as shit and has no real niche. Of all these characters Iron Fist is the simplest, he has the clearest style and goal to hit. But they fumbled and made him just another tedious Arrow tier tv vigilante.

>We never got the badass double-fisting version...

I don't know why they made danny a fucking retard. He's goes from naive man child to emo retard warrior inconsistently.

So I thought Danny was dumb in Defenders, and skipped Iron Fist. Is it worth watching?

He's a borderline genius in Defenders compared to Iron Fist.

Though Iron Fist will give you Ward Meachum and his standing in as the sole voice of reason in a multi-generational real estate scam.

Iron fist was my favorite of the four shows, and Danny is my favorite Defender.

That character was trash and so was the actor.

I think the people who made Defenders just hated superheroes, they were the wrong people to give this project.

They turned a fun group consisting of two blaxploitation characters, a noir PI, and a Zatoichi and made it into a fucking melodrama where everyone is constantly whining and feeling sorry for themselves

go gnaw on dragon bones

He doesn't exactly have any education.

How the hell is he getting his ass kicked by Elektra even without chi? Isn't he supposed to know super esoteric kung fu techniques from a magical land?

Nah, the Hand ruined this show.

Danny almost works as a literal retard when you have other characters pointing it out all of the time.

Was this show a mistake?
>No Daredevil looking the wrong way gag
>No Iron-Fist getting blue-fisted
>Jessica Jones a fucking mistake
>Luke Cage not jiving on some suckas

He's not just dull, he's whiny and annoying.

And it's the fault of whoever put together the writing and directorial staff for Iron Fist and Defenders

They've repeatedly shown that they dislike action and dislike the source material. I have no earthly idea why they were given control of the property

He's a super-whiny impulsive asshole

I hate that this show sucks because it amplifies SJW whining.

You want it to be good to make them look like crybabies who don't account for taste, but they really did just fuck Iron Fist up.

THEY TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME

EXCEPT MY MONEY
AND MY COMPANY
AND MY PRIVATE JET
AND MY SKILLS
AND MY SELF-WORTH
AND MY GIRLFRIEND

EVERYTHING!

He sounds like Napoleon Dynamite when he's whining.

Danny is somehow the very worst Iron Fist. Hes stupid, impulsive, his chi fails him in anything stronger than a stiff breeze, and hes not even a great fighter.

Like, fuck. Just imagine, I want you to fucking IMAGINE, if Matt Murdock punched a dragon and got the Iron Fist instead. Just how much better at literally everything he would be.

Too much money and not enough love

You know what? This is one of those situations where if they got an Asian guy that knew what he was fucking doing, I'd be okay with it. In a way it would be coming full circle for that character (white guy being an asian archetype), AND he might know how to fight.

Is he the WOAT Iron Fist? Everyone tells him to his face how dumb he is and he hasn't changed.

>Wakizashi, good choice
THAT'S NOT A WAKIZASHI, YOU WHORE

finally, somone gets it.

>

>Assuming Asian dude is most likely to know martial arts
Yeah, he learnt it while defending from dad who was beating it whenever he wasn't getting straight As on math.

The side characters in Iron Fist are pretty interesting (for a Marvel show, the writing is still as subtle as a jackhammer).

>Casting a guy that can't act nor do martial arts to play the role of a martial artists

The biggest problem for me is that they lost all the charm of IF. He was supposed to be a take on 70's cheesy martial arts movies, but by making his shit grim-n-gritty, we got... well, we got this.

Also Fin Jones is just the worst.

At least it gave us Ward

he has a better life than 99.9% of Americans and yet he still whines so much

so here's the thing I'm wondering. Certainly they aren't oblivious to the feedback

the iron fist show was poorly received by everybody
the defenders was well received EXCEPT for his character which everyone still hates

the guy is a bad actor on top of the fact nobody gives a fuck about his story. So where will they go from here? certainly they don't intend to double down and keep pushing him into things, right?

The endgoal of The Hand was fucking terrible and felt like an extended 2 part episode. The Defenders forming just felt forced and overall lame given how tame everything is. I'll watch DD and Frank, but I can't say I'll rush to watch anything else

This is the biggest problem with most adaptations. It's why JJ and DD are popular because they already have dark arcs that are easily adaptable, and the angle they went for with Luke Cage made a lot more sense, despite him being a blacksploitation character. Iron Fist can have dark stories, but they need to embrace the mystical martial arts element whole hog or they will never work.

>you will never do heroin with Ward

jackie chan director for iron fist season 2, yes?

>moot joke gets a full house
is that you?

Recasting or changing ship now is admitting a failure, which Disney/Marvel wont do. Actor may suck and be a twink, but with an ok script he could possibly stop being a fucking idiot and a manchild

I found Luke's parts to be more of a snoozefest tbqh.

He was better then he was in Iron Fist but thats not saying much. Still I was falling asleep everytime there was a scene that focused on him, and he had no charisma with Luke Cage. Show was still 8/10 though, Daredevil continues to be the GOAT netflix hero.

Who is this and why should I care

I really don't know. Honestly, I tried giving IF some time but it's rubbish. I can't see them drastically improving the action after watching this, plus they've made the character unbearable and it's dragging down everything. He's dumb as fuck and unbelievably stubborn. Most people don't like him and good for reason.

this Finn isn't that bad an actor it's 90% bad script and directing 10% at most on Finn

Only if he gets full control of everything in the project, which he is more than capable of doing. Plus, you could get the stunt double for Marco Polo to stunt for Finn if need be

Where have I seen this before?

Batman is at least often portrayed as mentally ill

I don't know where they're going with his character. Even setting aside his fight choreography and shit, he doesn't even act remotely like Danny does.

Plus the Netflix shows are run by a bunch of penny pinchers who would faint at the thought of actually spending money on some CGI. Which it works for their other shows but not for IF.

IF shouldn't have even been set in New York until the last half or last third of the show. Their obsession with continuity between the shows and being 'gritty' and 'real' (which is code for: "we're ashamed of the source material") dragged the show down, instead of propping it up. We fucking get it, these characters all live in the same city and interact with each other. That doesn't mean that they have to be in every show.

When does batman WHINE?

They do use CGI, lol

Batman doesnt whine and is portrayed as far more efficient than Iron Fist in Netflix and in most incarnations Batman is at least implicitly portrayed as a bit insane.

Should have gotten Scott Adkins, give him a dye job and he won't look enough like he did in Dr Strange for anyone to care.

Whining is brooding, just in a higher pitch.

This desu.

The whole show was bland, no tension, no conflict, everything is just there and the story itself just fumbles around a plot that they never really hit or resolve entirely or at least doesnt feel like theres a climax to it all.

The only way to fix Iron Fist is to double down on it all, make the fights better, make it actually feel like an ode to martial arts films. THe audience hates the main character? Good, double down on that shit and make him a character that everyone loves to hate, have him become arrogant or something, give him balls to do something other than bitching!. I would've preferred a Jackie Chan martial arts comedy feel to Iron Fist than the half assed shit we got.

If he learns either Wing-Chun or Chin-Na (Chin-na would be easier, faster, better, stronger) he wouldn't even need Jackie Chan.

This. His interest in the company should have been solely because his parent's killers were interested in it. It's a means to an end, not a goal.

Except that show was made on the cheap and it shows.

Why is every fight scene done in the dark? Between that and the way this is edited I can't tell what's going on. I'm on the fight in episode 7 and I all I can tell is that the one girl with the sword kicked a guy then yelled while standing awkwardly.
Electra's accent is so damn annoying. It's either terrible British or terrible Spanish. Pick 1 terrible accent and stick with it.
I am so sick of everyone's acting, Everything is either done snarky, angry, or they act like they're out of breath. Theres almost no other types of delivery.

This. Instead of kung fu master with the power to stop a bullet train with a punch we got a whiney kid who who cam either clear a room or have trouble with a single guy in a truck (as the story demands).

>It's either terrible British or terrible Spanish. Pick 1 terrible accent and stick with it.
People around the world learn British English as their second language. These people speak with 2 accents to American English ears.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/kamenlife/list?title_no=104929

Iron fist, he's been in two Netflix shows.

You want to know why? I'll tell you why. Because one of the fighters was a literal old lady they had to convince to the audience was a good fighter when she literally needs a cane to get around. They only way they could pheasibly pull that off is buy making it hard as fuck to see what's going on so you can't tell that the actors she's fighting are literally throwing and tossing themselves around. That's why there are so many zoomed in shaky cam shots in the dark.

But also all the cuts just make it easier to convince an audience an impressive fight is going on because they don't have to try so hard at choreography. I'm a video editors so I know the tricks, but you probably don't even really need to be experienced with video editing to see this.

who would you have cast to play Iron Fist, instead of Twink Jones?

I just realized I said "literally" three times in this one post.

I will now commit Sudoku in shame.

Did the dude who choreographed Iron Fist choreograph Defenders?

How did they strike fight scene gold with DD only to fuck up their big team up