Being Gilbert Gottfried is truly suffering

Being Gilbert Gottfried is truly suffering...

deadline.com/2017/08/numan-acar-disney-aladdin-remake-1202152768/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fREPkG8qLR0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLqAlIETkA&list=PL3ojyfwiOAJZrPEV8G3lhBlJmoFALj4et
youtube.com/watch?v=8Z3K6o99M5c
youtube.com/watch?v=BHxmMbeZlAM
youtube.com/watch?v=4LPfhsAyEsM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why does disney keep remaking movies?
The originals are perfect.

>No Iago

The article makes it seem that Iago doesn't exist in this version.

>No Iago
>Will Smith Genie
>Guy Ritchie

Just burn it down

>numan acar

Who?

>Being Gilbert Gottfried is truly suffering...

His entire life is kind of a joke, so makes sense

>Banned from the Howard Stern show for being too raunchy
>Hated by his peers over his 9/11 joke
>Hated by the public over his tsumani joke
>Not even allowed to voice a parrot anymore

Is this the fate of those who don't fall in line?

>>Hated by his peers over his 9/11 joke
best telling of The Aristocrats ever

Have you heard his podcast? He just doesn't stop laughing

>>Banned from the Howard Stern show for being too raunchy
How the fuck do you do that?

Because John Lasseter canned all direct to video sequels and Iger wants to replicate that lucrative cancer on a larger scale.

youtube.com/watch?v=fREPkG8qLR0

>Will Smith Genie

$$$

Did Disney actually say he's not allowed to perform as Iago anymore?

The best thing about Gilbert is his long, overly detailed, absolutely revolting stories. I could care less about anything else he's done but it makes for damn good micspam

Impressive

His other stuff is even better. I once heard him make a senile actor tell the same story over and over for 40 minutes.

>Hated by his peers over his 9/11 joke

I just got done watching some history of comedy thing where they praise that joke to high heaven and back. If anything everyone, BUT his peers hate him for that joke.

what was the 9/11 joke?

It creates a timeless appeal for the original classics, creates Buzzfeed lists like "Top 10 Disney Films where the original / remake is better!" and sells copies of both the remake and the original.

Should have been Sinbad.

Howard's a fag, that was genius.

Is there a source for this or is it speculation?

>I was late today because my airplane had to make a stop at the New York Towers

or something like that. It was literally a day or two after 9/11. Then he just took the boos and went straight into The Aristrocrats joke. The other comedians on stage were rolling on the ground in laughter

who is this terrorist?

>animation before music and sound
That's incorrect

What's the point of making exactly the same movie but live action?
Is this like made for a people who really hate animation or what?

No, it's made for people who already saw it but need a reason to pay money to see it again.

>What's the point of making exactly the same movie but live action?

So people will pay money to see something they've already seen but with then-popular actors they like instead.

If it was exactly the same movie but live action it'd at least be tolerable.

What Disney does it make a shitty hack movie that only resembles the original

Yes, it's made for people that genuienly can't handle the social stigma of an animated movie, and celebrity worshipers who want to see their favorite actors in roles they fondly remember from childhood. It's a money making scheme before it's an artistic endeavor.

Disney would tell you it's to 'update the story' but they don't. It's really to get people to see classics again which equals money

its 16 years later and I"M fucking dying, holy shit
the man is a genius

>will smith as genie
WOW
way to ruin this movie

>implying

Nobody can replicate Robin Williams

They chose Will Smith to be entirely different

No use trying to replicate Robin poorly, better off to have Will use his own style

I'm only mad because I know Lion King is suffering the same fate, I don't want to know what kind of butchering Disney's going to do with a movie like that.

Disney has gone rotten

The soil has gone sour

I respect this man even more now for managing to give Howard a taste of his own cunty medicine. His reading of 50 shades was hysterical too.

Will Smith can only play one character, Will Smith.

They tried casting him in Suicide Squad as Deadshot. People said, 'give it a chance!' he was shit, it was shit.

The worst thing about Will Smith is he changes the scrip of things. He demands rewrites to get more screen time and get a more cool/heroic role.

How so?

At least he's still Mr. Myxptlk.

Depending on the film/sequence, no it's not. Musicals and Fantasia, yeah, animation was timed to the music. But for the most part, animation would be done before. But regardless, the arrows show that it goes animation --> music --> direction --> back to animation for revisions, so there was clearly some back and forth in tweaking to make the animation really punctuate the music afterwards.

To extend the copyright even further.

Fun fact: After his 9/11 joke, he heard someone in the audience go "Too soon!" which was the first time he personally heard it in his own audience. He never even considered something being off-limits for comedy prior to that and slowly became aware of the "too soon" culture that would plague comedians and their careers for years to come.

well, nobody could've made suicide squad good. this movie still has a chance

Howard Stern made his career making people uncomfortable and stirring up shit, yet unable to take those rare guests who beat him at his own game and gets whiny about it. It's funny seeing him get schooled.

Also if you haven't heard glibert read 50 shades of grey

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLqAlIETkA&list=PL3ojyfwiOAJZrPEV8G3lhBlJmoFALj4et

You could hear Howard laughing through the whole thing, how did it get Gilbert banned? Especially now that Howard's on satellite radio and can give fewer fucks.

>COLLEGE CUSTARD CANNON

Him & Norm macdonald are friends at least

youtube.com/watch?v=8Z3K6o99M5c

I usually hate this kind of dry comedians but Norm is just so enjoyable. He's not even that funny, but he's just a pleasure to watch.

>I've seen rich jews trying to beat up starving children who are moving into their area
Fucking Gilbert is based!!!

Norm is literally the only comedian that makes me laugh any more.

youtube.com/watch?v=BHxmMbeZlAM

Not 100%, but I thought Dan did a pretty damn good job of Genie in the Aladdin tv series and the 2nd movie.

He shut down the studio that made sequels and we're getting remakes under by iger. It seems all but true. How could it not be?

I wanna say that they're doing it to appeal to PC culture but Jasmine was already anti-muhsoggyknee in the animated film. The only thing they could really do is give Aladdin less screen time and Jasmine action scenes.

that doesn't make me laugh. But like I said, he's enjoyable to watch, this is just...comfy

Also, wouldn't be the only iteration of a novel that was remade in a film more than once, plenty of companies made films based on stuff like Hunchback of Notre Dame

youtube.com/watch?v=4LPfhsAyEsM

Jesus fuck I'm dying.

>copyright
Almost all of their most popular movies are based on stories that are public domain. There's nothing stopping Sony from making a Little Mermaid film, Fox from making Beauty and the Beast (minus Gaston), or Universal from making Aladdin.

>Will Smith as Deadshot

Still mad about that. One of the biggest miscasts.

Except they WERE public domain. Past tense. Now Disney has the copyright, because they bribed Congress to change the copyright laws to favor them.

1)Copyright extension
2)Money
3)Expanded appeal to people who find animation a turn off (Don't ask why CGI is less of a turn off to them.)
4)Keeps the property fresh in people's head so periphery elements like toys and park rides get more interest.

never saw the appeal of roasts. just seems mean.

I just realized he sort of looks like adam yauch.