Why are people more depressed...

Why are people more depressed, burnt-out and miserable than ever before even though computers take over most of our work, we do not have physically exhausting work, and we have almost limiltess entertainment just one click away?

Alienation, complexity, atomisation.

Sedentarism

Because we are not living like humans.

How are humans supposed to live then?

People don't live as our bodies are naturally designed to live anymore

Fixing and repairing shit with your hands is very satisfying. As is building anything. Even hand writing an important note feels a lot better than printing one out. Atomization cheapens the human experience, we no longer need to really accomplish anything an so we have no reason to carry on.

>How are humans supposed to live then?
The fact you even have to ask this question proves his point perfectly.

That's a hard question to answer, and it depends on the time and the place. I'll take the easy out with my answer:
humans are supposed to live good lives.

Cuz we have time to think about meaningless shit when we're not toiling in the fields.

Overcoming hardship actually makes you happy. Todays hedonism predates the downfall that is coming.

Because people has become something between weak and retarded. I just hope it all ends soon.

Lack of agency.

Computers don't really take over most of our work, they mostly just take over the work that would have been easy for a human to do in a half-focused state. The stuff that requires a lot of attention and thought still has to be done by humans for the most part.

I think part of the problem is that to make a good living nowadays in the urban parts of the West you have to do highly intellectual work that can't be half-assed, so it really takes a lot of your focus. But that work is also ruled by the profit motive, so it's a shitty combination of being repetitive but still requiring a lot of concentration. For example, being a code monkey.

I would wager that it is the destruction of any sense of community in modern living. Humans are social creatures and everything is incredibly base. There are very few shared values, experiences, or even relatability when it comes to your immediate social enviornment. As a species, we are unhappy because we are as a whole very socially isolated compared to the past.

They're not. People now just have a way to publicise it and it's normalised to whinge and seek therapy.

Because we are all realizing society has maybe 30 years left of prosperity before everything starts collapsing with no back up plan

You can still be happy as an individual with your own principles but we, as a race, have failed for now. And everything we dreamed to achieve is now likely to never happen
Add to that the fact society also became so degenerate we can't have genuine human interactions anymore and everyone should have a reason to feel terrible

shitposting online and video games don't help much with that

30 years would be long enough to have enough people prepared for this, since many already see this coming.
Im afraid it wont last that long thou.

Because women make everyone miserable.

Computer gives access to more information, and as the old saying goes, ignorance is bliss. And to an extent, there's truth in that.

Speak for yourself. Ya'll need Christ. I'm not burned out, he gives me rest. And so do my brothers and sisters here and elsewhere.
this

More luxury, less meaning.

Because we spend our days staring at screens. Our goal in life is money. We are extremely sedentary and hedonistic.

They're supposed to move

Dopamine deficiency from the instant gratification one gets from living in a country of abundance.

Science disproved an afterlife and made us realize how insignificant everything is. Successful man or failure man you're both going to die

Le random only sapient specie meme

Exactly because of that.
We're too far remove from our nature. Stuck with only surrogate (i.e. unsatisfying) activities.
Read Ted Kaczynski's manifesto.