What are some retcons that never should had happened?

What are some retcons that never should had happened?

The harder question would be what retcons were actually good.

So, I heard that Magneto's currently not the pa of the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.
That still true?
Surely some reality-altering power gems or the Scarlet Witch's reality-altering powers could make them the kids of Magneto again.

The day Marvel Studios has the movie rights of the X-Men will be the day Wanda and Pietro will once again be the children of Magneto.

this retcon is the exact moment I should have stopped buying xmen comics, because of all the comics it retroactively ruined.
I am almost ashamed of buying X-Men comics right now.

Wait, the retcon that makes them mutants or the one that undid it?

Do you mean the original retcon that made them his kids, or the recent retcon that made them not be his kids anymore?

morrison doom patrol
moore swamp thing

>SW deliberately using her powers to make Mags her daddy
That would be so fucked up I don't even know where to start unpacking.

I could see the reverse being retconned in at least (Wanda and Pietro are not his kids b/c she chaos magic'd them all), and everyone dealing the fallout of that knowledge, but damn

AoA? What retcon, it was an alternate universe.

Reading "Wanda and Pietro Frank" is weird.

Why are Magneto retcons so stupid? Same thing with Polaris, she was his kid then wasn't his kid now is again.

More likely it'll be the day that Ike dies will be the day that the twins become Mags kids again. Because Ike kicking the bucket seems like the thing that'll happen before fox relinquishes the x-rights.

Magneto was originally meant to be a secret good-guy who was mistaken for a bad-guy, as a classic style Stan Lee plot twist.
Other writers don't always understand that or they don't like that idea and so every once in a while Magneto suffers a horrible character assassination that undermines the core character concept.
And then someone loyal to Stan's vision has to go back and explain why Magneto wasn't Satan incarnate like that other guy said.
That's why there's so many Magneto retcons.

Polaris started out as a random mutant girl who was tricked into thinking Magneto was her dad, this morphed over the years into a sort of stalker obsession that Polaris had for Magneto.
When House-of-M gave everyone one wish Polaris wished to be Magneto's daughter, and she's one of the characters whose wish was carried on into the 616 world.
But she would tell people he was her dad long before then, because she's freaking nuts.
That's why it's not always clear who's related to who with her.

They can NEVER be in the movies together because of that "intimacy" they have.

Magneto/Xorn

Roy Thomas's Invaders/All Star Squadron.
Ben Reilly surviving as motorcycle drifter Spider-Man.
Commie Smasher 1950s Captain America being an insane stalker of the real Captain America and his Bucky, some poor kid who got dragged into his delusions.
The existence of more than one Iron Fist.
The Crossing being the product of Space Phantom dickery.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being Magneto's kids and not just a couple gypsies he press ganged.

Stop your bullshit, Polaris took a blood
Sample once and confirmed it.

She doesn't have a stalker obsession.

So as the years go on, comics keep pace with the current world and year.

Magneto was in a Nazi concentration camp as a child. Lets say he's around 12 or 13 by 1945. Zoom onwards to today in this year of 2017. 72 years have passed. Magneto should be between 85-90 years old.

Has this been addressed at all? Does his meta gene allow him longevty through some bullshit involving metal? Because I very much doubt Marvel is going to take away the whole "Auschwitz" part of his backstory.

>as a classic style Stan Lee plot twist
You what? Back when Stan was writing for him, he literally took over a country and turned it into Mutant Nazi Germany

He's been killed and given younger bodies at LEAST twice.

>retcon
are you dumb user? also AoA was GOAT tier x-men

What the hell are you talking about?

They were created to be mutants. They were members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. They set off Cerebro, were affected by things only intended to effect mutants, Quicksilver's Mutant DNA and Crystals Inhuman DNA were supposed to cancel out and cause Luna to be a baseline human.

And now they're just randomly enhanced humans

They can't take that part of his story away, and they refuse to just kill him and keep him dead, so yeah, eventuslly someone will have to out and out say his powers slow his aging or stopped his aging at a certain time. Then they'll have to retcon his relationship with Xavier so that when they met Eric was already an old guy pretending to be young.

And that was after the multiple blood tests that proved no relation.
Remember? They mentioned those in the issue where she told her "siblings" about the new results.
Face it, half the X-Men characters (including Polaris) are nuttier than Squirrel Girl.

Speaking of which: SQUIRREL GIRL, now retconned into not a mutant.

The original fix for the age problem was him being turned into a baby by a filthy Inhuman and turned back into an adult by a Shi'ar alien making trouble for the X-Men.
Later on it was suggested that some mutants were keeping him young with their powers of energy enhancement.
Recently it's been suggested that The Scarlet Witch has been resurrecting him with her reality rewriting magic.

Stop pushing your Sup Forums shit here. It's not the SS-Men, and no amount of your headcanon shitposting is going to rewrite the comics.
Go jerk off to your Hitler/Trump shipping fan-fic on the containment board that was made for that crap.

>Squirrel Girl retconed from being a mutant.

>Stop pushing your Sup Forums shit here
What the fuck are you going on about? I'm talking about a real comic issue that was released by Marvel comics, written by Stan Lee.

Jeeeezus! This thread is too Marvel.

TODD SHOULD HAVE STAYED DEAD!

Todd getting Lazarus'd and turning crazy is fine, but he should have died after that. The original story of Batman being confronted with his failures is a good one, but keeping Todd around after that just muddles things.

An invading army marching through the streets doesn't mean Nazi deathcamps, you delusional freak. Or are you "seeing" that in the comic too?
You Sup Forums assholes won't stop until you smear everyone with your shit, will you?
Not everyone is a soulless animal like you. Your chosen behavior does distinguish you as less human than he rest of us.

holy shit marvel. stop with the retarded movie shilling. nobody fucking cares

>goose stepping soldiers invading and taking over a country
>Magneto leaves behind a bomb designed to destroy the entire country after he lures the X-Men there and leaves
Seriously, what the fuck are you going on about?
It's not until Claremont retconned Magneto into being a jew that he started becoming an antihero

I like the "not magneto children" retcon

It means Wanda and Pietro are not filthy Jews.

Shit retcons would be the SJW ones
Dyke hair Carol
Whor
Mulaim sidekick
Miles

It just means DC always gets it right

If not they fix the damage unlike marvel who burns everything to the ground fuck legacy

You fucking Nazi meme pushers just will not stop comparing everything in comics to your favorite genocidal inbreds.
It's not real. It's all in your sick little heads.
Go feel persecuted because of your inherent Aryan inferiority on your own board and stop pushing lies about comics on this one.
It's not on topic. It's not in the comics. It's just your little minds playing tricks on you because you're weak.
That's why you're not welcome out of your containment board.

The comicbook minority character that tried to take over a country with superpowers wasn't pushing your personal Sup Forums cause. Duh.
Deal with it.
The Marvel SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS you piss yourself in fear of weren't pushing your sick little inferiority complex cause either.
Deal with it.
You are alone in the world. You are justly hated and the people who you continually threaten will one day take you up on that call for race war and wipe your filth genome from the Earth once and for all.
So maybe you should stop constantly demanding that conflict on boards that weren't thinking of doing that before you posted. Morons.

Maximum kek

This is some bizarre trolling

tl;dr
stop baiting.

It's Sup Forums trying way too hard to false flag.

Calm down you autist

Them Not being mutants is dumb

Not being Mag's kid is great. Especially for Wanda. It seems nearly impossible for people to make a good story with them being family.

DC doesn't get it right. They reboot immediately when shit starts stinking too much.

>trying too hard: the post

This was just Bendis' way of forever leaving his mark at the expense of not only a character's entire history but their personality beyond that

Typically one is only considered to be Jewish if their mother is Jewish, not their father.

I kept telling myself it couldnt get any worse after this

it kept getting worse with every thing with bobby afterwards

I keep avoiding making a post with an edit of that with MLP Pink pone shaking her hooves in that same pose. Saying "Bobby, you're a brony" with the weird rainbow unicorn guy in the last panel, however, mods miss the point of satire and if most likely end up with a ban.

FYI: He really was flaming gay right from the start.
And if you can't see that then maybe you're a little too close to this.

Before Jack Kirby stopped doing Avengers, he and Stan were hinting very strongly that they were New-Men and more than just Mutants. This was where the whole Wundergore and High Evolutionary thing comes in. Some scan revealed that they were not mutants, only very similar. It was dropped when Jack left though and later they were made to be the children of Whizzer and Ms. America.

The Magneto thing was a retcon though. Early issues of the Avengers had Magneto saying some odd and provocative shit to Scarlet Witch.

How is ice skating when you're literally made of ice gay?

That sounds way more like a Jack Kirby idea than it does a Stan Lee idea.
But it would explain why Bendis allowed that god-awful Uncanny Avengers story with the Earth 2 stuff.
(he has a serious hard-on for the old silver-age type ideas)

Bobby has been about as gay as Batman is a pedophile. Silver age comics were flamboyant as fuck

Not really a retcon, but Bucky should have had longer to be Cap.

Wally West got what, 30 years of being The Flash?

I think you're referring to an earlier incident,in talking about something that happened back when Alex and her were were dumping each other and all or just a bit before that.

Where I come from it's considered gay for a smooth, hairless, and slippery man in a speedo to run around yelling "Ya-Hoo".
But hey, if you think that's perfectly hetero ... that's you ...
Just don't "cometh" around here saying the modern version of Iceman is depicted acting too gay for your tastes, especially when you think this sort of thing is perfectly straight.
Oh, and while we're on the subject: don't say nobody ever warned you about Wolverine ...

Batman is a pedo. Wake up.

You have some serious issues.

>Wally West got what, 30 years of being The Flash?
And Bart only got like what 13 issues worth? A fucking year only DC?!

To be fair, that comic deserved a fucking bullet. I would have liked to see Bart as The Flash, but that run was SO BAD. It's actually the reason he hasn't really shown up since then.

>It means Wanda and Pietro are not filthy Jews.
this

You know it's fucking true.

>What are some retcons that never should had happened?
- Aunt May being alive
- Carol Ferris not being the Star Sapphire that killed John Stewart's wife
- Wakanda being ahead of the rest of the world since the Stone Age and not because of T'Challa changing his country that way
- Falcon's Pimp origin
- How Magic works now in the Marvel Universe for Doctor Strange
- Mjonir being a cosmic storm trapped in a hammer

Bucky should have never stopped being dead.

If I was writing x-men, I will give him extra power that he can slow down his/others age.

Giving charlie xavlier extra lore to his history.

Magneto has been de-aged, once in the 70's to a baby and I remember something in the 90's making him younger (like 20's) also, forget what.

I meant Quicksilver being Magneto's son. The retcon ruined for me all the older comics in which Quicksilver was Magneto's son. Especially because it makes no sense in other realities or timelines like AoA or Ultimates,

None of those are retcons, moron.

Come on man, I know that we're well into that part of the cycle but it's no excuse for being an idiot.

reminder that sins past never get retcon

> he and Stan were hinting very strongly
literally one panel
kill yourself you cuck

It's funny that bucky being dead wasn't a problem for over 60 years
Bucky, Gwen Stacy, and Uncle Ben were this trinity of "never revive under any circumstances"

Winter Soldier was a great story though.

>tfw uncle ben will probably be back within the next 5 years

1) is hard compare 2 amazing creator with some faggot how work in the month publications and need make some shit too feel like a great artist.
2) this two cases are more "re-interpretations" than retcons, they don't really change or ignore the past history, only add more nuance.

I just turned retarded trying to read this post

Bucky not dying in WWII.

The Iceman Cometh is a play from the 30's and a movie from the 70's. That one panel of dialogue doesn't suggest anything other than a cultural reference.

Magneto being Wanda and Pietro's father (as James Gunn reminded us, father and dad are two different things), was very beneficial to Magneto. Pietro got some good stories out of it. Wanda got the shit sandwich; a female character made to orbit and serve the arcs of a male character.

I read the Robinson Scarlet Witch book but I honestly can't remember: were her witch mother and unnamed father still gypsies? Magic Romani is problematic.

I liked that book if only for Declan Dane, the Emerald Warlock.

Erasing dumb shit like Onslaught (though i thought he was cool in mvc)

Her mother is, no-one know who or what her father is, or if they were married or not.

There's a very real chance that Marvel may just not address this until after Ike retires, then make it Magneto again.

No-one ever erased Onslaught. He still happened. He came back as recently as 2011, and then the Red Skull dressed up as him during Axis.

That's why they didn't reveal who the father was, so that when Ike no longer has a stranglehold on the comics they can reveal that it was Magneto all along. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they also revealed that their new mom had been Magda all along, kill two birds with one stone.

Her more was, she was Django's sister, and Django was gypsy as fuck.

>Magic Romani is problematic
I'm getting real tired of everything being problematic these days.

>I like reusing the same old played out stereotypes
Creativity is truly dead

The point is... one was a creative retcon, the other thing was a mandatory synergy retcon.

>But it would explain why Bendis allowed that god-awful Uncanny Avengers story with the Earth 2 stuff.

That was Remender.

You mean "alive". That book made absolutely no sense and was completely retarded. Fucking Iranian council, what was Starlin even thinking.

>Magneto and Quicksilver both have white hair, they must be related!
>creative

Jerry Ordway's Power of Shazam

Given how Nick Spencer turned Chthon into a pointless lackey of Captain Keikaku, be careful wishing for Magneto to be retconned back in.

THEY ARE LITERALLY GOOSE STEPPING

Which one do you mean? The original retcon that made them Magento's children or the recent one that undid that?

Superbro and Superdad were a single entity before the split. They should had never retcon that in. I accept that Superbro is dead and I welcome Superdad into N52 but they are doing a huge disservice to both of them by merging them together. It also makes everything else significantly more complicated. Whats with the JL being only active for like 5 years and with the retcon it is like 15 years when combine with the 10 hiatus for Superman.

>Outgoing = Gay
You're a bigot.

Even worse than that, Toros was retcon into being an Inhuman.

He was retconned into being a mutant first and then they never did anything with it

But yeah that was dumb

You're right, they should have never been retconned intro being Magneto's kids.

They definitely went a couple retcons too far with Venom. The Klyntar, were a mistake, but also so was the earlier backstories.

Iceman was the youngest of the original X-Men, he was immature and childish.

It's just odd how actual gay 'fans' cherry-pick images of him being immature and childish and call it 'evidence' of him being gay.

>Winter Soldier was a great story though.

Not a good enough one to excuse the dreck he's featured in since, nor the gay shipping.

The movie is to blame for the gay shipping, but i agree he shouldn't be plastered everywhere like he has been.