Is alien force good?

Is alien force good?

I remember enjoying it when I watched it all those years ago. To be quite honest I don't want to rewatch it because I'm worried it won't be as good as I remember it.

I remember disliking it as a kid because it was so different from the original Ben 10. It was too edgy and dark for me.

The first 2 seasons were good.

Not really. It tried way too hard to distance itself from the OS for no apparent reason and forgot to be fun in doing so

> hulu has ben 10
> doesn't have alien force

I thought it was a fun, mature take on the series, and Ben and Gwen were a lot less annoying this time. The first two seasons were good, but everything after that was pretty weak, in my opinion.

My personal rankings: Omniverse > first half of AF > Original series > second half of Alien Force > Ultimate Alien

Wait, Omniverse was actually good?

Omniverse is the best of the series. It's a celebration of all that is Ben 10 while also returning retcons from AF back to their original ideas.

Yes

Eh. It has some good episodes but is overall pretty uninteresting, especially season 3

The dammed art style though

The entire Ben 10 franchise is the definition of wasted potential.

I watched through it rather recently, and it's alright. The action scenes are decent enough but it just doesn't handle mature subjects too well, it's not outright bad but I often felt unsatisfied and that the writers had bitten off more than they could chew.

I don't know, Ben just had a lot of moments where he came off as a whiny bitch who was "learning his lesson".

Looking back on it, it does have more of a message and a lot of stuff that I overlooked when I watched it when i was younger:
>supremacism
>alien racism
>growing up
>serious relationships

it tries to be a lot more mature and a lot more story based, so if you like ben 10 just go and watch it.

S1/S2 deal with the highbreed plot, which was okay, but S3 was the one where Vilgax returns, and ben becomes really annoying?
IIRC, they bring back some of his old aliens, and add some new ones, but for the most part S3 had a bad episode for every good episode.
The finale was good, and the one with the Highbreed failsafe was good, but all the episodes that didnt have ben as the main character sucked ass

I don't know, it made Ben look better. His AF/UA hair was so flat and lifeless, I hated it.

Season 1 is a bit of a shock, a rapid change of pace from UA, it works hard to set the status quo, Villain is Kyber the huntsman, with an alien dog that has a predator version of the omnitrix

S2 does well connecting Omniverse to the OS, and it captures the charm that made the OS so good. Has a villain that they retcon into ben's past

S3 does a lot of world building, villains are the incursions, good story arc

S4 has old villains returning, great episodes, a kinda weird finale

S5 is spooky halloween themed. some people didn't like it, i thought it was okay

S6 is the season where they retcon the retcon of the retcon. The artstyle doesn't really do this season favours

S7 is terrible. Worst season of the series.

S8 wraps up everything in Omniverse very nicely. Terrible main villain, but others come into wrap things up with Ben. A very good ending to a good series, and it gave a great opening for any new series after to jump onto.

instead we got the shitty kids reboot. oh well.

Aside from Kai and Spanner mucking up the final stretch of the series, the end was great. I loved Skurd.

It's a shame Ben didn't end up with Best Boy Rook. That was the most fleshed-out relationship of Omniverse.

I fucking hated the predator omnitrix

I think it's a better idea in concept than execution.

I disagree with you about the Omniverse being the best - for more reasons than just the art - but there's something we can all agree on: CN sucks ass for ruining yet another great show.

Yes, but is has some Glaring flaws, like Retconning things for no reason, rushing Kevin's redemption and his relationship with Gwen, changing Gwen's designed to drastically from her original so they barely even look similar, and being abysmal at drawing lips.