Is the No Man's Land scene of Wonder Woman one of the best scenes in any superhero movie?

Is the No Man's Land scene of Wonder Woman one of the best scenes in any superhero movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VUsssa6ArAY&t=4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, because the No Man's Land scene was shitty and contrived featuring a Hollywood Trench instead of a real trench and making everyone look like a retard to make the superhero look cool.

If that was something even remotely resembling a real part of the Hindenburg Line then she would have been Swiss-cheesed by overlapping lines of fire. Instead it's just two machine guns facing one way in one trench, and the town is a few meters behind them.

have you been tested for autism?

Yeah it's up there, and I'm an MCU-fag. It was nice to watch a good flick from the distinguished competition - keeps Marvel Studios on their toes a little more.

>My Superhero movie where WW1 had a completely different set of events than the real war doesn't have a realistic version of No man's Land
Kys

>It's an alternate reality with superheroes
>That means if you don't stretch your suspension of disbelief to ridiculous lengths to justify shitty writing then you're an autist
>It's fiction, it doesn't have to make sense

Kys

It could have been better but it was decent

I would have liked it to have been more intense.

Your mom has a hollywood trench

If you include the entire liberation of Veld as well, yeah it's up there with Winter Soldier squad vs Cap and Black Widow.

>calls out shitty writing for being shitty
>"y-you autist, my superhero is da stronges and yu are poop for telling me otherwise!"

It's good, but no. Thor vs Malekith, Bucky's embassy escape, Cap's elevator scene, Cap's boat scene, Cap & Bucky vs Iron Man, Dr Strange vs Disciples, Black Widow's hallway fight in IM2, Superman vs Zod, the Smallville fight, and the group fight in Avengers were all better.

>Thor vs Malekith

NOPE

>Cap's boat scene
FIFTY/FIFTY

>Dr Strange vs Disciples
NAH

>Black Widow's hallway fight in IM2
Can't even remember it, so STILL NO

>MoS
Not even the best scene so NAH

>Avengers
Not even

No, because it went to fucking long with her just murdering and mutilating germans while being in nearly no danger at all herself
I do appreciate the return of character themes though

Bullets can kill her in this movie, and she gets pinned down or disarmed at a couple points and needs help.

It would have been better if there was an allied assault on the German line and she watches them get mowed down and then jumps into action, rallying the charge and leading the breakthrough

And all of that pales compared to this

youtube.com/watch?v=VUsssa6ArAY&t=4s

No, far from it, what makes you think that?

What would Wonder Woman think of Verdun

Would she see gas attacks too

>one of the best scenes

ESTO

Oh, no, a superhero film is not super realistic! Boycott!

Not the best, not even top 5 but probably top 10.

Yes, the following scene in the village is also great

>Superman vs Zod
That shit just went on and on and on, I was fucking bored by the end of it.

>it went to fucking long with her just murdering and mutilating germans
What the hell are you talking about? It wasn't even a long scene, and she can get hurt by bullets and is obviously still unaware of her powers.

No, the whole idea of the scene is that nobody's moving forward and until she takes it on herself to do so. It's the point of setting a scene in "no man's land".

This scene would have been completely different if Snyder was directing. In fact, this poster is probably Snyder himself. Hi Zack! I loved BvS!

No Man's Land was probably the best scene of the film, but any scene with heart from either of the GOTG films blows it out of the water.

I thought Marvel was the "turn off your brain bro" movie studio?

The number 1 scene of all time has to be Superman going back in time in Superman 1.

The smallville fight and the avengers final fight was definetly better but it was great as well. Even as a wwfag I think she didn't have enough fight scenes but at least those were good.

>breaking suspension of disbelief due to insignificant historic details because of crippling autism is the same as turning your brain on
Get checked kid

Nobody said anything about turning your brain off, it's about suspension of disbelief and be able to buy into whatever makes sense internally in the movie.
All war films are very inaccurate in their depiction of war, most of the time knowingly so in order to create dramatic tension, to expect more from a superhero film who's focus is obviously not in historical accuracy, is retarded.

This, I want a realistic WW1 movie in which there is only one attack every three months and 60-90% of the soldiers don't ever go over the top and just sit around in the trenches dying of cold and rotten food related illness. Especially in a capeshit movie

Stay mad wonderfag.

It feels a little drawn-out when she gets the village and starts punching them in the face.
I tried to get into it, but I couldn't enjoy it much after that part.

i still like the oner shot of the avengers as the camera goes through each avengers teaming up to fight threats more

I too suffer from severe mental retardation.

It is until DCfags have to justify absolutely shitty Marvel-tier writing.

>muh realizm

That's not realistic tho.
1. There was constant action even when no major campaign was in progress, and a major campaign was ALWAYS in progress in at least one sector.
2. Far more than 10-40% of soldiers saw combat.
3. Very few men died of illness outside of the Middle Eastern Front.

>In the name of love

Kek no

It's certainly the best scene in WW, but it's probably not even in the top 10 when it comes to cape films overall.

it's shit, it only impressed brainlets. on top of what mentioned about the action scene itself being shit and only serving to make humanity look stupid to glorify the superhero who realistically would've been gunned down:

Civilians in the trenches to tell a sob story? What are they doing there? Were there civilians in the front-line trenches in WW1? Contrived.

Of course Diana runs into them, despite there being miles upon miles of trenches, and their up-to-date info. Contrived.

Naturally, with the 11 November Armistice (note the snow) approaching, the evil Germans decide this is a good time to pointlessly massacre some civilians for the lulz, when in reality the bulk of war crimes in Belgium happened in the first few months and by November 11 1918 everyone knew an armistice was coming and was just waiting for it. Contrived.

Diana takes this opportunity to dispense some trailer-worthy justice on the cardboard cutout bad guys conveniently placed in front of her. Contrived.

The whole situation is contrived beyond salvaging from the set-up to the execution. It is poor writing. And poor writing deserves to be called out as such. They obviously just wanted some action scenes there and they twisted the situation to justify it, and then twisted it further so the plot-armored protagonist could win. Which does happen often enough, but you don't need to PRAISE it as something amazing.

>Apples to oranges

If you need any proof of how good the scene is, just look at the marvelfags itt who can only come up with "muh realism" cringe arguments against it. Next oscar night is going to be rough on these people

>Aliens attack New York in a strategy that makes 0 sense to anyone with any rational thinking, using attack formations that can only be described as 'setting loose the Hellen Keller army'

>"It's not supposed to be realistic, it's for dramatic purposes, not everything needs to have muh realism

>Wonder Woman uses a dramatic depiction of WWI trench warfare that would have been otherwise visually unappealing and would have completely ruined the pacing of a film

>"You fucked it up again DC"

I haven't seen delusion this intense since my father told me Al Gore was going to save this country

marvelfags have literally never cared about realism, they melt down into an autistic rage when you point out stuff like how in real life Tony Stark would be in prison, the Chitauri would've gotten Warthog'd, and Ultron would've been smacked down early because in reality no one stores nuclear codes on the Internet.

Are you under the impression that I don't think the writing in 90% of Marvel movies isn't also absolutely fucking shit?

Hint, I like MOS better than most of the MCU. Because it was less retarded about this than the MCU. And Wonder Woman itself, despite being retarded, is still substantially less retarded than the majority of the MCU also. Doesn't mean I won't point out poor writing in it either, because it's still not a masterpiece.

Good backpedal, but the point still stands. If you want historical accuracy, go watch a documentary.

It's like being upset at the end of Alien when you can hear the Alien scream in the vaccuum of space. Like, great, thanks for pointing out how the real world works. Too bad this is a movie.

>If you want historical accuracy, go watch a documentary.
Where do I go if I want good writing?

Wonder Woman (2017)

Wonder Woman, Synechdoche New York, Inherent Vice

>Synechdoche New York, Inherent Vice
Good taste

ty i try

Probably top three of this decade. Probably top ten for modern (post X-Men) movies and probably still easily well within the top 15 going back to Superman The Movie and Burton Bats.

ITT: People can't differentiate between film and real life

Aside from the gratuitous slo-mo, yes

Funnily enough, this is the one slow-mo scene I was fine with.

>Batman Mask of Phantasm - Batman putting on the mask for the first time
>Batman Beyond Return of the Joker - Arkham fight, final fight
>Spider-Man 2 - train scene
>X-Men First Class & Apocalypse - Quicksilver scenes
>Man of Steel - first flight, Smallville fight
>The Incredibles - Supers deaths montage, 100 mile dash
>Batman Under the Red Hood - opening scene
>The Dark Knight Returns - first night, amusement park scene, final fight
>Batman Begins - final fight
>The Dark Knight - Hong Kong scene
>The Dark Knight Returns - climbing scene
>Civil War - Giant Man
>Doctor Strange - trip scene, bargaining scene

Not "superhero movie" per se, but close enough:
Daredevil - s1 hallway fight, s2 DD and Frank vs the Irish mob
The Crow - make up scene

The No Man's Land was good, but there are plenty better.

I liked Wonder Woman, but GOTG were better put together films.
It's like comparing Kick-Ass and Super. Both aren't bad, but Super's got more heart and soul to it as a film.

>when in reality the bulk of war crimes in Belgium happened in the first few months and by November 11 1918 everyone knew an armistice was coming and was just waiting for it. Contrived.
It's almost as if you didn't watch the movie, didn't you? Everybody knew that the armistice was coming but Ludendorf killed all the German officials that were about to sign it off and the soldiers that were keeping that town under siege were under his command, and it was all part of his plan so he could keep the war going, all under the influence of Ares.
Of course, this wasn't how things happened in real WWI but guess what, Ares and Wonder Woman weren't in it, and Ludendorf didn't die there. It's an alternate timeline, or what it's called a "uchronia". Trying to make it fit the way WWI actually went down is fucking retarded, just like you.

>marvelfags
For the tone of the post I'd say it's not even marvelfags but either Sup Forums who get triggered by a female protagonist or snyderfags who are butthurt that a movie with Wonder Woman as a lead and directed by a woman completely humilliated their bullshit "kino".

I agree, it actually fit quite well in this scene, while it felt forced in the rest of the action sequences.

I wouldn't even say half of those are better. Do you really think Batman killing Ra's or escaping a hole was better?

Or that Giant Man was anything more than a cheap, undeserved gimmick?

I agree with The Incredibles and Man of Steel though. I'll add some I think are better than the trench scene

>BvS: Batman recreating the DKR cover, Batman and Superman rushing at each other, The Wayne's murders, Clark's funeral, WW's entrance

>Man of Steel: The entirety of Krypton

>X2: Jean sacrificing herself in the lake

>Apocalypse: Unchecked rage machine Wolverine

>Logan: The first fight between Logan and Clone, and the ending fight with Logan

>Spider-man: Osbourne's funeral, the upside down kiss, the bus opening, New Yorkers throwing trash at GG

>Spider-man 3: Sandman's origin, Sandmans final form

>Batman Begins: Ra's teaching Bruce on top of the iced over lake

>Dark Knight: Opening bank robbery scene, pencil scene, gang try-outs scene, Joker hanging upside down/Batman 89 homage

>Dark Knight Rises: Batman in the daylight for the first time, army of cops with Not-Jason Bateman leading them

>Hellboy: Hellboy's reveal to the agent, Kroenen's autopsy, Selma Blair's fire outburst

>First Avenger: Peggy listening to Steve crashland in the artic

>Iron Man: I Am Iron Man

>Winter Soldier: Bucky's first confrontation with Steve/catching the shield, Nick Fury chase scene, Peggy scene

No, it didn't make any sense.

I liked that she just walked through and was an inspiration, but it would have been much better with better choreography. The shield thing was kind of dumb to me, why wouldn't someone just hit her at another angle it's a trench, move to either side.

Also I think it would have been even more inspirational if she actually took damage, at no point during the scene is she bleeding or getting knicked by bullets.

>Trying to make it fit the way WWI actually went down is fucking retarded, just like you.

Nevermind the fact that it just wouldn't be very engaging or excting.

>at no point during the scene is she bleeding or getting knicked by bullets

Look at that, a real complaint that isn't based around autistic screeching.

I agree, seeing her arms/shoulders/legs getten grazed and eaten up by bullets would have been cool.

I think it was the weakest part of the film.
It just felt far fetched even for wonder woman.

Best scene in any capemovie this year at least but let's not get ahead of ourselves

All that said action wise it was pretty good.

I liked most of WW, but the finale was like from a whole different movie, the concept of Ares not being a bombastic murder machine but as a voice that conspires and inspires great plans of destruction in peoples minds gets completely nullified as he gets a pretty bland armor and explodes shit, going against what he just said a couple of minutes ago.

I disagree that it nulifed anything, he was fighting another god type thing so it does not really count.

How was it far-fetched?

No. Why would you think that?

Mostly puking and crying like any sane person. Then maybe murder her way up the command chain. There's a time for compassion and that isn't it.

Snyder makes great action scenes.
Also
>Batman assaulting the warehouse.