So, what are the odds they're gonna get back together by the end of the season?

So, what are the odds they're gonna get back together by the end of the season?

And how are you gonna take it if they do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s4flm0fsib0
youtu.be/8RGNSQ25NSE?t=60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good because as much as rick was right about jerry, Beth is also a pile of shit and is turning into a mess herself.

A worse mess I mean

Rick is gunna force them back together, I mean hes down with the moral relativism shit but his daughter is falling apart and as much as he is unable to admit it rick wants the best for his family. He knows jerry can emotionally support his family in ways he and beth cant.

I would actually like it. Rick realizes that Beth is just as much of a shite as Jerry but the two can actually stabilize each other, potentially even realizing and working on each other issues , i.e. S2E07. This can also point back to the fact that in S1E08 and S1E06/S3E01, the two still get together and make things work, and this is all possible with Rick not being part of the equation.

It takes Beth down a peg, Rick down a peg, and realizes that Jerry has actually done shite beyond the way Rick describes him in the most recent ep. In a best case scenario, it'd be enough to make the writers realize that all this dramatic posturing is bullshit and that they should go back to genuine adventures.

They'll begin an episode with the two of them back together as if nothing happened, then something crazy will happen and revert back to the divorced plot.

>moral relativism

He's just a nihilist. Moral relativism is set of a post-modern responses to nihilism that ascribe value in relation to cultural context. Rick doesn't believe value exists.

Beth can do and deserves better

Who even cares about that when EVIL MORTY is a possibility, like I honestly wouldn't care of they did or didn't get together, I'd only care about how that would influence Morty

You know, that whole twist with Evil Morty was originally just a joke, right? It was a little stinger planted at the end of the episode to parody stinger twists in other sci fi plots. Why are people still so obsessed with this character like 4 years later anyway? If they ever use him again all it's going to do is disappoint you.

Harmon and Roiland expressed their desire to re-use Evil Morty when they eventually delve into an actual plot before finishing the series, besides after the events of the Purge and the most recent episode you really can't deny that Morty is doing some fucked up stuff

She's a garbage mother, she doesn't deserve anything.

>deserves better
Not really

I'm honestly expecting the last ep to have them getting back together in a parody of korra's ending

>Beth can do and deserves better

I would have believed this in the first season where Jerry was portrayed as a worthless leech and Beth was portrayed as a reasonable mother who was just fed up with her unemployed husband.

But starting in season two, and becoming painfully obvious in season 3, Beth is clearly a terrible person.

Beth is awful. She's always been awful. She is Skyler tier unbearable.

No, she was awful in season 1. Jerry was a wormy guy, but he felt like someone just trying to get through life. Then in season 2 they did everything they could to make him look bad.

You know what I want? I want Jerry to prove them, they are wrong. Prove to them that he can change. Be confident. Stare getting work. Try having fun with the little things. Like get a hobby or something. Meet new people. Then slowly but surely introduce himself back to the family. Show that he is happy. Show that he doesn't need them but would still want them. I know I'm asking a lot but if only they would not make Jerry a piece of shit.

I want them both to grow as people and get back together.

I want Jerry to get a job and some confidence and take responsibility for his marriage crumbling, and I want Beth to get over her issues with Rick and allow herself to be more emotionally vulnerable.

Jerry needs to take some control and Beth needs to let him.

How is he affording rent and food if he has no job? Does Beth pay?

He gets unemployment from the govt and probably alimony since he's an unemployed piece of shit

jerry is too good for beth , she deserves to die alone

Without insulting Beth, explain what is good about Jerry.

she's a terrible person and a horrible mother , have you not been watching this show

He cares about the children and his spouse

he was the guy that calls rick out on his shit and he was always a well meaning screw up

I would enjoy it, since changing the status quo after only two seasons was dumb.

>So, what are the odds they're gonna get back together by the end of the season?

Absolutely 100% Guaranteed.

>And how are you gonna take it if they do?

I'll roll my eyes, groan and smugly think to myself how Roilland and Harmon weren't fooling anyone.

I grew up watching The Simpsons. I know the power of the Status Quo, especially when it comes to broken couples and superhero death. Hell, even when I was 15 and Captain America was killed, and everybody made a big deal about it, I immediately went:

>So, when are they gonna bring him back?

Keep in mind, I wasn't very street smart as a teen, but even I knew that Marvel would bring him back, the same way Matt Groening keeps the toxic relationship of Homer and Marge alive, usually by some cheap exit like hearing their wedding song on the radio or remembering their senior prom.

You sound very smart

Assuming this is sarcasm (it's hard to tell on the internet when there's no vocal tone), I probably came off as an arrogant know-it-all, but I do mean what I say.

As soon as Beth and Jerry's dynamic was introduced, I knew there drama and storyline was gonna bring this show down for me, personally.

But, if that's a genuine compliment, thank you!

You reek of genuine autism, user, how could you ever think that was a compliment

Did you not read the first sentence?

There is 0 ambiguity about the way that post was supposed to be intended though, and if you can't get that then that's very bad

>jerry gets his shit together after this last episode
>move pretty far away, gets over beth
>keeps up a friendly relationship with his kids
>starts dating another, more beautiful and less alcoholic woman or a man
>adopts her kids
>as theyre moving in together rick appears, mindwiping jerry's new family, makes him lose his job and drags him back to the family because it's the only thing that will stablise the family and beth

How would you feel, Sup Forums?

>And how are you gonna take it if they do?
After all the shit that happens after the season the two decide to break bread and take the kids on a family outing. After having the nicest and most pleasant adventure they've had ever, they realise that they're more broken apart than they are together and Jerry moves back in.

>Harmon's parents decided to get back together after taking 12 year old Dan to see Back to the Future

I don't care as long as no one learn and no one grows.

I wouldn't care, I just want it decided so they can move on. No more divorce shit and if they're back together no more marriage on the rocks shit.

You fundamentally misunderstand this show.
The characters do not grow. If they do, they leave (like Cronenberg Jerry, Summer and Beth)

This is acceptable

I want Jerry to fix his life, becomes successful, and move on to someone better than Beth.

Cheated because Jerry "getting his shit together" would be so fucking forced i'd feel compeled to call it bullshit on the interwebs.

There's an upcoming episode that has Jerry finding another woman. Here's hoping it's legit and not some shit copout,.

Recent episodes show that she really doesn't. Anyone with more of a spine than Jerry would have dumped her shortly after Summer was born.

I suspect this how they will come back, so, I don't know, annoyed, I guess?
After all, Jerry is deserves at least some credit and\or good stuff happening to him.

At this point, Jerry is the only good person in the show. Morty's getting more cynical and jaded with every adventure he goes on Rick, Summer's fully embraced nihilism, and Rick would rather run away from his problems than be a decent parent.

yknow i think its gonna be like hitchhikers guide the the galaxy, they'll like each other but they'll be too busy with space adventures to do anything about it

but if that IS evil morty then that would entail that time travel will come into play but roiland and harmon hate time travel

Jerry isn't "good". Like Morty, he can be manipulative, conniving, and vile. But at least, as the end of the recent episode showed up, he's trying to keep to a moral standard. Something that Morty is slowly not bothering anymore:

youtube.com/watch?v=s4flm0fsib0

Then again, if Jerry had been given as many chances to let loose (the Purge, the Morph ray, Armthony, etc.), it's doubtful that he wouldn't indulge in depravity as hard as Morty did during such times.

The Whirly-Dirly Conspiracy plays out like an inverse of Vindicators 3 with Jerry seeing that Rick is (depending on his mood) capable of geniality and remorse in contrast to Morty realizing just how horribly shallow Rick's affections are even if you're a completely harmless sycophant who does everything he asks and agrees with him all the time:

youtu.be/8RGNSQ25NSE?t=60