Saw an ad for the French foreign legion and am thinking about joining, thoughts?

Saw an ad for the French foreign legion and am thinking about joining, thoughts?

You couldn't handle it

Have fun losing your nationality AND getting killed in training.

It's not hard to enlist. The hard part is to stay. And you will have to endure other 123 ethnic groups in the Legion.

Pic related?

Hope you can knock out 10 pullups

Don't do it senpai, nobody with a sane mind would join them.

they'll send you in to fight the paris nog horde with a blow up hammer

It's full of foreign shitskin criminals fighting in first lane in any official/officious conflict France is involved in so they can get a clean record and get a new life. 1/5 of them are murderers and 1/4 don't even use their real names when signing in.
Source : There is a Légion Etrangère base in Lyon where I used to live and a dumbfuck Romanian friend of mine joined it after being caught with 5 grams of coke he bought for a party we wanted to throw for a soon--to-be-married friend.
He speaks almost fluent arabic by now and hates his life.

I looked into it. You'll just be enlisted with a bunch of third worlders and expected to learn french really fucking fast. If you bring anything with you like a laptop interpol will search it really fucking thoroughly, and you pretty much won't be able to return home or contact your relatives for five fucking years. It's really only for people with nothing to lose or who really want french citizenship. Then again is that even that hard to get nowadays?

Grow a set of teeth first

I've gone through the first month of processing and then left, even got paid like 700 euros; they were super pissed.

Ask me anything britbong

why did you leave

I've been 5 years in it.

It's not just 3worlders but there are plenty of slavs there.

you got to be prepared to scrub a lot of toilets at the beggining.

criminals are not taken in, the ratio is 1 accepted out of 8 or 9, on basis of some interviews, psychotechnic tests and low level physical tests

it has been a great experience for me overall but I already had an idea how much shit I was gonna clean, and how boring it could be sometimes.

nowadays new recruits are allowed to have phones, don't listen to previous people, FFL is evolving very fast these last years, not always for the best.

a lot of false things said there, and there's no FFL base in Lyon

join your own military you faggot why would you fight for frogs?

As others have said it's just a load of 3rd worlders mostly Nepalese and Mongolian.

Also I was prior service in the states and just decided I didn't want to go through the bullshit again.

I would say having no prior service is a good thing going into the legion.

i worked with a former foreign legion guy in a hotel kitchen once. The guy was really cool but he was messed up in his head.

Pranks among cooks were usual, but once i banged a pot cover too loud and too close to that guy and he freaked out, he nearly punched me in the face for that... i think i definitely had PTSD.

Why not join your own army?

fix
* i think he definitely had ptsd.

This. Lots of slavs, some leafs. Decent representation of south americans. LE soldier of today is arguably softer than that of 10 years ago, even if equipment is better and command & control is better.

Basically, if you can 5K in 20 min, do 20 pullups, 100 sit ups, 100 pushups all in one go, you'll be fine. If you can't, it's arduous. Also, be prepared for some hazing, and keep your shit locked up and on your person (still a decent amount of theft).

Age Restrictions.

I'm 48.

Too old anyway, you'll get cut most likely, and the physicality is a 20-30s man's game.

Love that guy.

Legion has an age cut off as well, I think it's 39

I read the autobiography of an Irish guy who joined it, apparently it's not what it used to be, with the unwritten assertion that slavs and third worlders were to blame.

also clean your facebook before going, they look into it sometimes

true, but you can easily pass with 10 pullups and 50 pushups, I mean you won't get dismissed on this basis at the selection

google the Luc léger test before going, it's a bit disorientating doing it the first time.

Yeah, honestly the regiments I were in rarely seemed very professionnal.

But I guess that's the lot of every occidental army, and I feel it's still degrading slower than the french army

Dont bother..they have a preference for slavs, they pretty much eliminated anyone who was competent, they did take the american who was always lost and the guy from UK wgo was drying dishes with a wet rag...let that sink in

Heres proof

Did you want in bad? I did research and realised its only really a good option if you life is in the toilet.

People desert for a reason.

I couldnt go military in the states due to bs medical,I still want military but now Im gonna try for law enforcement...if that doesnt work I can always go help the kurds in syria

People desert but its bc they pick those guys, 2 guys that they picked were already talking about desertion before even going to bootcamp and those slavs
were just retarded..theres a reason every nationality there hated the slavs

Also pol would like it there, they HATE faggots, and I was asked if I was ready to shoot child soldiers in africa

>joining the shitskin cannon fodder corps
lmao you'll fit right in

>not always for the best
what do you mean?

The corporal chief was telling me to watch out arounds slavs since theyre the ones stealing

>Help the Kurds
Mate how fucking bluepilled are you? Why not the Assyrians?

>Have fun losing your nationality AND getting killed in training.
You don't lose your nationality anymore and only a few people a year die during training.

Do they take foreigners?
And will I be labeled as a terrosist if I come back to the US?

It used to be full of Brits, Germans and Canadians up through the 90s, some Italians, some Aussies, some Algerians, some Slavs, some Africans, a small handful of Americans. Basically were able to get shit done, overall good soldiers. Still desertion happened. I would say the recruits were from a worse background in general then, but were also notably smarter.

Now its mostly Slavs, South Americans, Africans, oddly enough nihilistic French (yeah, they find ways in), a handful of the others.

The overall intelligence of the soldiers has gone down, their ability to understand and carry out orders and fight effectively is worse, even if the equipment is better and the command & control is better.

2e rep is where all those decent at soldiering go.

From what I understand, today it's tamer, softer, and dumber than it has ever been.

>shitskin
85% of the legion is white
>criminals/murderers
Not anymore, since the year 2000 something, they don't take people with blood crimes.
>don't use their real names when signing in
False, the SPLE checks every fucking thing
>base in Lyon
There is no base/regiment/casern in Lyon.
>fluent arabic
It's forbidden to speak anything but French in the FFL.

In short, you're full of shit.

>scrub a lot of toilets
It's not for nothing that we told that the first weapon of a Legionaire is not the rifle but the mop...

Man I handled that mop more than my own dick.

>today it's tamer, softer, and dumber than it has ever been
Ha! Just like everywhere else! I thought so!

When I was there they also denied a royal marine commando with pmc expirience for control risk and they took the slavs who were playing shadow puppets during formation, I figure they now get the dumbest because if youre not retarded youll desert

Did you made Rouge, or did you leave while being Blue?
Did they told you why?

>theyre the ones stealing
The moldovans, yeah.
Fuck people from Moldova.

I didnt make rouge, I passed everything but I wasnt picked by the judges...according to them I didnt fit their needs
Im in shape and not retarded, legionares kept assuming I was military too,so Im not sure what theyre needs are

Moldovans are fucking scum