Spanking is NOT child abuse

The anti-spanking movement is entirely single mothers justifying their child neglect.

Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jcUZrDX5P7A
youtube.com/watch?v=rxObkfSqmQM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stefan is that you? Go back to /r/raisedbynarcissists

Stefan is anti spanking you retard

Nah you're right op. I got spanked some when I was young, and I only murder hookers sometimes.

CHECKED

And no.

you should visit that subreddit sometime user, they're good with abused kids in denial.
single moms don't neglect their kids tho, they straight up beat em up and in most cases they let their bf's molest the kids so they can have a man around lol (source: CPS reports)

>single moms don't neglect their kids
wat

not in the physical sense like food etc, but emotional yeah i guess

This desu lad. There's nothing wrong with physical punishment within reasonable boundaries and this is coming from someone who probably was abused.

My mother would ( and still does) throw high heels, whip me with hangers until I had welts and bled, repeatedly slap me in the face and ask what I was going to do about it and pull my hair.

The physical pain was nothing but it was the element of intentional emotianl abuse to it that hurt. And a couple of times when I stood up to her, by grabbing her arm as she went to attack me, she called all my relatives and told them I assaulted her, once she actually called the police on me when I was like 9 years old even though all I did was block her hand.

A light physical punishment with a clear message as why is not really that bad a thing to do once other options have been exhausted.

Again. wat

I think I get it, you confuse fatalities with abuse.
It's a misleading measurement to mask the damning truth of child abuse statistics.

My parents spanked me. Now I'm a tyranny and love getting spanked

>im a tyranny
time 4 coup

rBST

I wish Stefan Molyneux would quit making these threads.

I started it because he blocked me on Twitter

I think spanking is designed for a certain type of rowdy child, but loses it's purpose on more intelligent/reserved children.

I always hated my dad for spanking me, especially because he was usually wrong to do so. I understand if I beat up my brother or something, but you shouldn't spank a child for coming home late

Spanking is for children unable to understand reason, I.e young children. If your 2 year old keeps doing something dangerous you spank him before he gets hurt. The 2 year old won't understand what electricity is when he was just trying to fit a fork into a socket.

If you have a brain in your head then you could discipline your family a thousand times without repeating yourself once.

If you don't have a brain in your head then please stop breeding.

My own quick guide:

>physical violence to control others
Corporal punishment.

>physical violence in defense of self or friends/family
Say we're going for a "serious discussion" then go camping in a good fishing spot. Folks forget by the time you're back and manly lads can keep a secret.

>vandalism
Fuck up random shit he cares about and see how he likes it.

>slamming doors in people's faces
Door disappears. Teenagers fear this more than they fear caning.

>underage substance use(any)
Sudden powerful scrutiny of school performance. Make fun shit disappear based on slipping grades.

>electronics addiction
Start fucking with the circuit breaker.

>shacking with random hoes
Clockwork Orange-style picture show of herpes + syphilis + aids.

>arrested
The county will handle this one.

B... but muh Molymeme. He told me spanking b... bad, user.

>but you shouldn't spank a child for coming home late
Coming home late? Were you getting spanked at 15 or something? Wtf?

I didn't come home late when i was a child... because i was a fucking child and was totally dependent on my parents!

I don't read the dude's podshow, but there are two equally-stupid extremes:

1) single mother style
Result: your son becomes Obama's son.

2) BDSM but without the things which make it legal
Result: your daughter will spend the rest of her life looking for a man who can hit her like daddy did.

If you want effective discipline, then you need to handle one case at a time and apply all powers of thought when deciding what to do. A creative and personalized style is always more effective than the "because I say so" mentality, partly because it proves you're actually present and aware rather than just angry. Anger doesn't teach anything besides "don't get caught." Worth learning, but not how you straighten out a habitual troublemaker. Anger also means you're not in control, which should never happen.

If you're in a black household then you sure as hell don't want to get home late, especially if you've been picked up by the police before.

Richard Pryor published an informative paper on this.

ITT: people thinking there's only extremes and never the middle ground.
As always.

>I criticize legitimate political problems
>I also have absolutely insane parenting ideas invented to appease single mothers (who I rant about) proven not to work
There are so many amazing non-sequiturs in his videos, and no one calls him out on it because he criticizes Hillary.

Not spanking is childabuse as it turns your children in to millennials.

Spanking violates the NAP

>ITT: I have nothing to add but a middle ground fallacy
>t. Finland

Spanking a kid is stupid and wrong just like spanking an animal would be stupid and wrong. If the cat jumps on the table and eats your food, you don't spank it, you just pick it up and carry it outside the room or something. People who spank children do so because they get some extra weird pleasure out of it, probably in some cases perverted. Defending spanking is like defending circumcision of infants.

Spanking is mostly a regional thing; shitloads of millennials were spanked as kids.

The millennial STEREOTYPE is just a way of referring to SJWs as something other than SJWs.

-zero accountability
-expects everything for nothing
-constantly tries to police others

You're looking at a social justice warrior. TV calls these people "millennials" because it doesn't want to say social justice warrior. SJWs are infected with some kind of zombie virus that turns them into unloving servants of the void; any parenting they might have received gets thrown out the window once they plug in.

Untenable moral precepts for autistic lolbertarians.
youtube.com/watch?v=jcUZrDX5P7A

honestly discipline is the biggest problem with the newer generation.

Resident CPS investigator here, as always reminding you idiots that spanking is not child abuse- inflicting upon a child "imminent threat of serious physical injury" is the legal standard. There is wiggle room for judges and prosecutors to define "serious" but it would take a whole row of complete idiots to count spanking as child abuse.

If you know anyone who says "The Gubbermint done stole my kids because I spanked them in Walmart" they are lying and the investigators are not allowed to tell their side of the story. Trust me, if you knew the details you would say it is a dereliction of basic human dignity for all the cases that CPS can't intervene because of how far abuse has to go before they can involve the courts.

this

Worst persuasion tactic ever.

im sure it won't be so unconvincing when my laser guided missile points at ur house

Spanking as in leaving bruises is a bit overkill. But a good slap in the butt cheeks of the children will teach him/her well on how to be a good human.

>paragraph picture

would ya look at those noses

I am a single father and I do not think spanking is wrong. It teaches children than there are real consequences for their actions.

nothing wrong with physically disciplining your children, only mothers should do it tho.

Your father is supposed to teach you how to stand on your own two feet, and be a pillar of strength for you when you need one. If your father hits you he weakens this relationship and makes you reject him later in life.

your mother teaches you compassion and love, she nurtures your emotional side. When your mother hits you it teaches you that certain things will result in strict discipline, this helps you understand that you can't just say and do whatever you want later in life, it makes you aware of consequences which result in you being a bit more considerate of those around you. It's also very difficult to harbor negative feelings for your mother because you have a special connection with her that you don't share with your father, you came out of her after all.

If you don't wanna hit your kids then don't, but its not bad when done properly. Beating your children or intimidating them with fear is wrong, the hitting needs to be done swiftly and without warning, and end just as fast as it came.

I don't have a problem with it. My mom spanked (dad only spanked the boys when they really messed up, probably fewer than 5 times ever) and it made me think twice before doing something I knew was wrong, so in that way it was effective. As long as the parents aren't doing it in an angry/pointless way, I don't think it's bad.

I remember getting a boner when I got spanked as a kid.

It set me on my lifelong path of pleasure and enlightenment.
If I'd never been spanked I never would have known this about myself.

If you feel the need to hit a tiny wee person to "discipline" them, you're a fucking retarded cunt who should never be near children.

>south american
>human
pick one

Teenagers have been shitting on everything and middle-aged folk have been crybabying about the young for thousands of years. Strategies have changed wildly and often, but yet the pattern remains the same.

It's not "this generation." The only thing wrong with with the present day is that baby boomers hold all the important political and bureaucratic offices. They invented participation awards, they abolished free thought, they enforced mediocrity, they made the rest of the world hate the first world; they inherited diamonds and passed on dung.

The baby boomers will retire as soon as they can cash their bloated pensions, then their strategies and solutions will finally be returned to the underworld from which they came.

If you need to spank your child you have already failed as a parent.

There are times when a smack in the face can help snap a person out of hysteria, or help them to remember what it means to be a knight.

>Turkish military

Didn't you guys just get your asses spanked? Spanking thread lol.

spanking by your countries yeah. john kerry flew over here to suck up to erdogan to get his favor.

spanking by your tongues* im tired

>Americans civilians
>humans
Pick one

>spot the liberal

>. They invented participation awards, they abolished free thought, they enforced mediocrity, they made the rest of the world hate the first world; they inherited diamonds and passed on dung.

Exactly!

I've had the same experience. I would intentionally get in trouble to get spanked and if daddy didn't do it hard enough, I would laugh and tell him it didn't hurt to prompt him to do so.

Butt slapping is the simple solution for dads that ain't got no time for real solutions.

If you're felling trees until midnight to make a living, then you ain't got no time. But if you're paid for the power of your mind then you should also use the power of your mind when solving problems at home. You're steering a ship; if you can't tailor the solution to the problem then you'd better get used to the problem.

A lot of dads beat their sons' heads for misbehavior for 18 straight years and the sons still grow up to be hardcore criminals. Some kids respond to voice better than some other kids respond to corporal punishment. These dads typically think they have the one true system that works, when in reality they have fucking nothing. The kids just get used to being beat in the head and they lean harder on all the drugs and street idiots to make their life fun again.

Far from it. I just do not see the need to hit a child, if you can't discipline your child without using violence, you're quite simply a terrible parent and also a stupid belligerent prick

>first post: finger pointing and random insults as an attempt at persuasion

>second post: finger pointing and random insults as an attempt at persuasion

If you're going to pretend to not be a liberal then you really truly need to cook up a better disguise.

I was beaten by my mom until I no longer reacted. The last time my stepfather tried I shoved him out of the kitchen into the den.

>Someone who has never been around children

When your son hits the dog, says "I DON'T CARE", won't listen, and has temper tantrums over tiny things you stop trying to reason with the literal child and spank their ass. They cry, go to their room, and come out being nice. It's a last resort that hopefully is not necessary.

I agree. I think my parents naturally got this right, without ever planning it out. My mom was the one who would get mad and sometimes spank, but it was okay because she was a completely devoted mother and you knew that the anger would subside almost immediately. My dad was always pretty stoic. He virtually never disciplined the daughters (I remember one time where he yelled at me, and I completely deserved it), but he would be the one to reprimand the boys if they were really out of line. I don't know if he ever spanked them, but if he yelled at them, you knew it was serious.

It seems like that's the natural way things should be. we all turned out pretty well and have good relationships with out parents. I think people tend to overthink the parent/child dynamic.

I know this video is about women but it applies to children as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=rxObkfSqmQM

Every time I was spanked it was for intentionally rude smartass back-talking. Testing authority. Maybe it's a male thing, always trying to be the dominant force and see what you can get away with at the time. Kids need to learn they can't run roughshod over their parents or they will never respect any authority in adulthood.

Yes, perpetuate the circle of violence to solve problems. Good job.

Because the world needs to have weak, effeminate androgynous men that will be overtaken by the barbarians coming for our western world. You sound like a jew.

that sounds better than a socially anxious depressed loser like you user, thats what the abuse creates

Popping a hand and saying No No is appropriate for toddlers aged 2-4 who try to do/touch potential danger. Ages 5+ spanking is ineffective, solitary confinement and removal of toys/games/playing outside, along with reasoning is more effective at controlling behavior.

You step father should have waterboarded you that's what i do. Then maybe you could have ended successful like me. Btw I'm a 6'4" chef working at Wendy's, making 160k a year, with a nine inch cock.

Sounds like a pretty rotten child, wonder how fucking lousy the parents are.

You don't know me, when your kids don't give a shit about what you're saying and do nothing but disrespect you you teach them respect. A small spank to the ass won't give you PTSD, you sound more like someone who is projecting than a psychic, brethren.

I also wasn't abused as a child, so you're off there cockroach. I also have a job at 23 making over 100k a year, so tough luck on the loser part as well. The only thing that might qualify me as a "loser" would be my height, and you didn't say manlet so you missed your chance.

Some old gems from my extended family:

A kid was habitually vandalizing. His nintendo cartridges were quietly sabotaged and started crashing almost precisely twice as easily/often.

Another was slamming doors. Bedroom door was taken off the hinges and hidden, suddenly his bedroom isn't a castle anymore.

One was staying up all night on the internet. The dad hired a professional programmer for something custom-made. Rather than regular parental controls, the internet connection simply started fucking everything up at a certain hour.

If you can't find your kids' panic buttons but they can find yours, then your kids are better at leadership than you are. Congratulations on the good genes your wife found.

liberal

I'm sure if he wanted his own comeback he would scrape it off your mothers teeth.

He's my nephew; has had an Ipad since age 3; gets everything he wants, watches nothing but unboxing videos and such on youtube so he has a very materialistic mindset. He's the youngest of three, not a bad kid but certainly has a long way to go before I see him as a respectable individual.

manlet

A fucking tyranny

I was not a bad kid but was spanked unfairly a number of times in my childhood in the 80s. I now have no respect for my father and i vow never to spank my child. (I have one boy)

They aren't my children; however I have learned a lot being around them and observing the process. Your posts have legitimately made my neurons fire and I'll definitely take that mindset into account once I get to raising my own.

The problem is that there is no real punishment in this family; the mother does not like dealing with the children,the parents both curse and use foul language constantly around the children, there is constant yelling and screaming to solve problems. Her go to methods of dealing with the kids is giving them the Ipad and sending them away.

Damn, you got me.

I'll go back to getting property and succeeding more than your turkroach ass ever will regardless of my stature.

There's style and then there's skill. In your example, the style is horrible and the skill is also horrible. This is what it looks like when a cuckold attempts to raise his wife's children.

The hilarious part is that the more luxuries a child has, the more easily the parents can win wars at home just by taking things away. But they won't do this.

Recent parents' capacity for leadership is reflected in the way they blame the results of their leadership on the people they were supposed to be leading - supposed to be. It's like the German and Russian top commanders in WWII. Elites scapegoated generals, generals scapegoated captains, and captains scapegoated the people who did all the actual fighting. Ripe environment for coups.

If you're spanking the child because you're angry, you're doing it wrong.

If you're using minimal force to interrupt a behavior and reinforce better behavior, you're probably okay.

I like it user. Discipline really isn't that hard. It's also key to keep your cool and do, not just say; it's so pathetic seeing parents threaten their kids a hundred times or becoming emotionally distraught.

Single father here. I have to be tough on my days (majority) because all the "compassion" through the week.

you'll never reach up to me, literally kek

I dunno
surely there needs to be a difference between mindless anger and discipline

discipline instills respect
mindless anger just creates more angry people

And you'll never reach my income, wonder who will get further

Sorry I tried to read this but all I heard was
>If you discipline them, they win.

it's good you're earning alot desu, someone has to pay for the lingerie your wife will pay for that tall chad faggot like me

>underage substance use(any)
>Sudden powerful scrutiny of school performance. Make fun shit disappear based on slipping grades.

Doesn't even begin to ask why the child was using the substances in the first place.

>electronics addiction
>Start fucking with the circuit breaker.

Doesn't even ask why the child is retreating to these things.

>shacking with random hoes
>Clockwork Orange-style picture show of herpes + syphilis + aids.

Literally insane fucking behavior that nobody should ever engage in.

The way you talk, you sound like a teenager yourself. I don't get the impression you've raised anyone and if you're raising children now they're probably going to turn out really fucked up.

You're just abusing someone into compliance, it shows no concern for the kid's motivation nor does it acknowledge their thoughts or feelings. You're just bullying to get the behavior you want out of them and it's only going to drive the kid further into bad behavior, make him reject you, or break him and turn him into a sniveling obedient dog.
Is that what you would want for your child?

>I was not a bad kid but was spanked unfairly a number of times in my childhood in the 80s. I now have no respect for my father

You have no respect for your father because he spanked you? You're a total and complete pussy.
You're going to throw away your relationship with your father because you feel you were unfairly SPANKED?
Process that for a second... Your butt was slapped hard and that's such a big deal in your life that now you can't respect your own father?
Are you some kind of sensitive little butterfly?

Your dad was doing the best he could. You're going to fuck up too. Just because you don't do the thing your father did that you hated doesn't mean you're not going to do things your child hates. Let's just hope your child grows up to be a more mature and loving son than you were.

Funny joke; in one week of pay I'll be able to buy a gun and enough ammo to genocide you and the rest of your kebab festival of an extended family.

And when I have a wife, if she cheats she'll be buried in a well in my backyard along with whoever it is, chad or cunt.

Bitch, I am the chad.

lmao, dont be so short tempered son

Why make statements about shit you know nothing about?

When I was in Belize I slapped a kid who tried taking my scuba mask when I was testing my air at the shore. His father went up to me and I thought I was about to get in a fight, but instead he thanked me.

You're mother sounds bipolar