What was the correct approach to this?

What was the correct approach to this?

And why was Wendy such a hater?

Wendy was established as a jealous bitch in the first or second season, m8.

>it's not okay to make fun of people for being fat or ugly if they're a girl
>if they're a guy (Cartman) it's okay though
Wendy is such a cunt

How the fuck did they look at her photoshopped picture and then look at her and think that the photoshopped image was accurate? I don't get it.

I too love to pretend to be retarded for replies

I think they pulled it off fine enough, but Wendy was a stupid choice to make the protagonist after she was established as no less shallow and flawed than the boys in the early seasons. The only good reason I could think to make Wendy the mc instead of Bebe, who this plot would have been perfect for given an earlier episode, is popularity.

But the bigger problem is that, without a sane man figure like Chef or, in the case of Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset, Mr. Slave, it gives a lopsided view of things, where everyone in the world is somehow guilty. If not that, they could've at least shown some of the characters to be more apathetic or giving up than directly participating in the bullying. That would have been more accurate, at least.

Carman is an asshole tho.

The point of the episode was that most people can't tell if something is Photoshop or not, even if it was obvious.

And Butters wasn't being hostile when he turned down that ugly girl. Wendy is a hypocrite.
Notice how whenever she complains it's about "little girls," as if boys don't have self esteem issues.

Most guys don't have to give a damn about how they look. They can look scruffy with rough skin and it's completely normal. Girls thought have to keep up appearances. Reason why photo-shopping models and beauty makeup exists. It's the only thing that would attract guys.

Making Wendy the protag was actually smart, because it gives the rest of the characters genuine reason to not trust her.

>Listening to the commentary half of it is just talking about The hobbit movie

I'm glad they didn't forget that, most shows like to give the guys poor qualities and have the girls be above all that.

>And Butters wasn't being hostile when he turned down that ugly girl
He was comparing her to Kim Kardashian.

I think the whole point of that episode is to cope. Everyone is a bit con seeded and many will lash out on each others flaws, Photoshop was just another method of coping despite all the shortcomings it produces.

feminist are against sex robots because the robots would have the perfect bodies that feminist desire. its the same reason theyre against photoshop hentai and plastic surgery

Also Butters did called her fat in front of her I think Matt and Trey weren't really thinking when writing this episode

That was completely withing Butters character. Despite what many think, South Park is more than just an outlet to use their characters as mouth pieces.

You should take pride in who you are not not build yourself off of other peoples standards.

It's an easy escape to conform to society and not work at self improvement or come to understand your own self image. And when you use other peoples standards you are not being true to yourself, creating a false impression, that only further alienates you from yourself and other people because people love you for your act and not you yourself.

>con seeded
cont ceded*

The correct approach was Wendy not going aggro on Butters for not being into 1s.

>not being what you want to be is an escape

that and the plot of the episode

>cont ceded
Cunts eated*

Have you guys ever noticed how cool bebe is

I swear you fuckers are doing this on purpose. It's crumb seated.

Butters being adorably dense and childishly blunt is a big part of who he is. He's too innocent to tell a white lie, and you could tell he wasn't trying to make her feel bad, just being stupidly honest about his feelings.

Wendy also worked here because she's exactly the type to try and endlessly explain why Butters is wrong, whereas Bebe would have just called him a faggot and left it at that.

It actually works for Wendy both pre season 3, when she was childish and vindictive, and post season 3 when she got all activist. It was frankly one of the better episodes, in particular because Wendy lost and it made sense that she'd lose.

If wendy is so offended by photoshop, then she should also be offended by make-up.
Girls just want to look good. It shouldn't be a terrible thing that Wendy just accepts that's how the world is.

Was it? It also could have been that even if people know it's fake, the pressure to present oneself within those fake standards is still very strong.

crumb seating is how you get crumbs cunt seated

I think it should've ended with Wendy and Kanye reaching a compromise of sorts. Like maybe they collaborate on some kind of self-esteem outreach program

That sounds so out of character for South Park Kanye though. Maybe if Sea Man asked him to do it.

Honestly this episode would have worked really well as a multi parter, like maybe have the first part end more or less like the episode we got did, but in the second part things start to escalate, like say reality starts to warp to match anything that's been photoshopped, and while for most things that's harmless, it starts causing problems in other ways, so Wendy and Kanye have to team up to stop the "Photoshop Effect" from spreading any further before something really dangerous happens

Or at least that's my first thought draft of the concept

Yeah but no one wants to see a multi parter with Wendy dude

You're working too hard to get your happy ending

I'd read a fanfic about that, its sounds more interesting than what we got