>Out This Week:
Doctor Aphra Annual #1 (Aug 23)

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CBNF6lJTEwE
youtube.com/watch?v=X2XOuF_slYI
deadline.com/2017/08/michael-k-williams-han-solo-movie-roll-cut-reshoots-1202153750/
youtube.com/watch?v=PtGqtow9AYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What do you hope the inevitable Star Wars Broadway show will be like?

Tie bomber!

Star Wars, hopefully

Twi'lek master race

"""""""""bomber""""""""" fighter-bomber :^)

Genndy's clone wars is overrated

It's good but a lot of the "characters" have none and are just used as action pieces

And it relies on the tactic of jut shoving as much on screen as possible to the point of me not being able to understand what is happening in some shots because there is so much going so fast

And you can tell a lot of the characters are just copy pasted in the crowd shots because they share the exact same position of a bunch of the other droids/clones

Luke Han and Leia story. Make it pretty important like Shadows of the Empire was. Kinda like a "lost episode" type deal.

Use the opritunity to streamline normalfags and casual fans into the extended canon. References to some of the novels/comics. Maybe even make someone like Sana or Aphra a major character.

>jut shoving as much on screen as possible to the point of me not being able to understand what is happening

so it's star wars rebels in a nutshell

It is overrated, but I feel you are being overly critical of an action series that was released in 5 minute segments during commercial breaks.

t. Didn't Watch Star Wars Rebels

>Clones look exactly the same
>a lot of characters are used for action in a show that's primarily an action show to the point where certain episodes are nigh-silent so they can focus on the action

shocking

not this

It's not intended to be severely plot or character centric, and that's the strength of it. It gives stylistically interesting snapshots of the Clone Wars with a little bit of insight into things like Anakin's development.

I actually probably prefer Genndy Wars to TCW, if only because of how relatively conservative it is in terms of story.

i wish we had some canon replacement for it tho. like, there is no word in canon on Anakins' scar, knighting or how he took R2 in constant use.

Adding to this

>But it's the side characters that have none

The entire first episode is just a group of clones fighting droids, they don't even speak at all.

And people say it's better than TCW.

TCW had even the clones have individual personalities and character, TCW didn't have so much going on at once so fast that you couldn't process it.

Clone Wars is pretty much just a big action scene, there is no thought or plot, it's just lasers and explosions the whole time

>t. Didn't Watch Star Wars Rebels

oh, I do.

It's not plot-oriented. It's not fair to criticize it on that basis. And when people say it's better than TCW that just means they like it more, not for the plot, but more likely for the style and direction of it. They are two totally different beasts, and there is no reason why they can't coexist.

It's about time they release an update of this. It kills me to not know what's beyond 9.

Anthology films for the next 20 years and then they'll dig up an old Ridley and Boyega to do the whole soft reboot thing all over again.

>They remake the OT again in 2040

At what point is the SW film series classified as a zombie?

Literally nothing, the entirety of Star Wars ends in 2019

Then why do people talk about it like it's some genius work of art

The moment it gets a bad majority review.

Could be Ep. 9. Could be the Han Solo movie. Hell, some think it happened with TFA.

It's not genius (and I have never heard anyone but the infamous Shit Wars poster claim as such), but it is a work of art, insomuch that it is a Star Wars cartoon made in Genndy's unique style, which affords a different and aesthetically interesting view of the universe.

You must learn to separate the work from the opinions surrounding it. Even if it is not to your own tastes, which is perfectly fine, you should be able to see why others enjoy it.

For the record, I personally agree with the assessment that it goes overboard with the number of Starfighters and speeders on screen at times. It was something that stood out to me then, and it still sticks out like a sore thumb when I rewatch it. But it doesn't diminish the other great qualities of the series for me.

Canon

Bomb the Twi'leks.

You know what I ewant to happen in the ST that never will?

I want someone who actually trained themselves to be powerful in the force and lightsaber dueling and didn't unlock it in 5 minutes to beat the shit out of Rey

Preferably Luke in a sparing match

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CBNF6lJTEwE
What the hell are those Flying saucer things?

They look like orbital gun platforms

Auto-Turrets.

I think the announcer was calling them "Cinder Turrets", and they look to be clone wars era turbolasers mounted on some sort of Sienar TIE panel station

It needs to include the song at 0:48
youtube.com/watch?v=X2XOuF_slYI

the hunts, the CIS and the empire, Twi'leks get fuck over and unlike the Mandalorian their not mary sue.

Interesting

>draw a Tei'lek girl
>call it a boy

more y-wing gameplay

>the "bombers" are better fighters than the fighters
top kek m8 how will fightercucks ever recover

reverse trap

So is forces of destiny good?

deadline.com/2017/08/michael-k-williams-han-solo-movie-roll-cut-reshoots-1202153750/

I don't know if this has been discussed, and if it has I apologize for bringing in an old topic, but what the hell is happening to the Han Solo movie? Does anyone know what they're doing over there and after everything that has happened to it, will the film be even alright?

I've been skeptical of this film for some time now, but was willing to give it a chance, but that seems to be dwindling.

>fightercucks

dishonourable act

fuck you tojo don't you have a star destroyer to kamikaze you ricepicker scrub

It's average. Impossible to talk about without coming off as either a feminist shill or misogynist prick.

At this point, the only thing that i'm still interested in is seeing Woody Harrelson in star wars. It Sounds like Howard got handed a flaming dumpster fire to work with.

I've watched the entire show at least twice over the last few years but still can't remember most of it. I can't even remember what the stories were apart from the one with Grevious kidnapping Palpatine and that's only because people always talk about it and it's mentioned in the films.

As far as its content I can't bring myself to care. All I see is hideous and trite flash animation and am turned off immediately. You could have a Marxist-feminist double-think indoctrination video, a Neo-Nazi Hitler hagiography, or an alt-right anarcho-capitalist Randian screen and I wouldn't give a shit if it had attractive aesthetics, which Forces of Destiny does not.

>kamikaze

Thanks. It does seem obviously pandered to a female audience though and slightly out of character too for some of the characters.

Randian screed*
basically I don't care whether or what politics are in my star wars as long as it looks good

I never miss a chance to post this

10/10

Tennōheika Banzai!

youtube.com/watch?v=PtGqtow9AYs

some say in the nu-canon Boba Fett boogey'd his way out of the Sarlacc.

I was looking for this, who is the captain?

Commander Jun Sato, aka take your pick

the rising sun of the rebellion

Incidentally the artist of that WWII propaganda picture was himself a Mexican. No idea of the author of that meme gif though, I got it from /his/.

considering the coloring and the angle of the lines, it's fairly easy to conclude that the mural was Mexican in origin.

and because the artist signed his name Miguel Covarrubias

dead Thrawn

Are there any questions you guys would like me to ask "boba fett" under the Q&A if i get the chance? Or maybe some pictures for this thread

>ask "boba fett" under the Q&A

boba Fett not real you know user

There is video proof of him so if he's not real, what is he

a man in a suit.

so he's real

Isn't it remarkable, one can have all the power in the galaxy and yet.. The word of a single senator can swap the thoughts of millions

What do you plan to do about this?

For now, we must adhere to the simple principles of our democracy!

I think at least thisand this was sort of how the scene went. Weird how i can remember it in my head just by seeing that picture.

We must let the wheels of the Senate turn.

that pic is from a different episode but the background was similar so that's probably what made you think of it

Yeah, very good scene though.

hands on your head Jedi

>Those freckles
HHNNNGGG

Twi'lek + SFW = star wars is trying to get me banned from /swco/

Saw's left eye is disfigured

Ask him if aurra sing molested him.

ask him did he ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

is the Resistance growing on anyone else? even their droids are falling apart

If anyone wants a good version the force awakens and wants to connect to the characters better i reccomend the lego game.

The best version of TFA came out in 1977

or you can just watch a new hope

Not really. They're still just Rebel Alliance 2.0 to me.

Wait, did you never notice that Forest Whitaker has a droopy left eye?

this is just a pet peeve of mine but i fucking hate the black and white guns, they look like plastic toys, to me anyway, and it annoys me to no end

I did, that's why I pointed out that they modeled that on the Rebels version.

In general the new stormtroopers look too shiny and not intimidating enough

The FO are pretty much manbabies trying to play Empire like their cool dad did.

There are three reasons they don't look intimidating:

1. The visor "eyes" are too big, this results in a sense of "puppy dog" neoteny, i.e. infantile cutesyism

2. the respiratory grille "mouth" looks like a smile thanks to the side strips, completely eliminating the aggressive threat factor that was previously nullified by the "eye" neotony

3. the featureless barrel shaped torso armor eliminates the shape of the human body, particularly the "heroic" proportions of athletic pecs and abdominals in relief, resulting in an inoffensive skinnyfat blob, and finally destroying the last possible vestiges of psychological warfare and appealing design

Honestly? I like them. It's all a matter of opinion

From an objective standpoint, they are bad filmmaking; the designs fail at being effective, threatening villains, for the same reason white vader is an unconvincing hero.

>From an objective standpoint,
Oh, you're the 'my opinion is objective' guy

love us user

I don't know who that is and in fact my personal subjective opinion is that the armor is decently appealing, but I can differentiate my subjective opinions from objective reality, and there's a reason Clone Troopers look like Art Deco Greek Hoplites instead of iPods.

Star Wars villains are the opposite of threatening.