The Mighty Ducks

What exactly were they thinking with this cartoon?

>Oh hey! We have a huge hit movie called the Mighty Ducks! We should make a series about that!
"Cool, I'm down. What's it about?"
>Kids learning to play hockey.
"That doesn't sound like it could last a syndicated series. Are they going to learn hockey over and over again?"
>Maybe we shouldn't do it then.
"Maybe not. What's hot right now though?"
>Our Gargoyles toys are selling.
"BRILLIANT!"
>What?
"Ducks instead of gargoyles, done."
>Midevil ducks?
"Fuck it, sci fi ducks!"
>SOLD!

>"Are hip animal-people superheroes still a moneymaker?"
"Possibly!"
>"What kind of animals we got?"
"We're doing very well with ducks this decade. Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, the Mighty Ducks... No, wait, that last one was a kids' hockey movie."
>"Wait! Mighty! Superheroes are mighty! Superhero ducks fighting crime with hockey! Get me a pitch by Monday."
"Right away!"

>tfw the Ducks were my local team
>tfw they got a name change

It was a good show tho

i liked the cartoon.

The irl team was called, the Mighty Ducks, retard.

fucking nazis at that arena. no getting up during play, no yelling/shouting/scream/hollering/etc,

Ron Howard!?

I also suspect Disney wanted something "like" Gargoyles, but far, FAR more toyetic.

The Gargoyles show was great but I remember the inanity of the toyline (and how the creators had to deal with it; why bother giving them vehicles when they already could basically fly.)

"Fuck, that Gargoyles show didn't make us TMNT money like we were hoping for. What else we got?"
"Uh...we own the Mighty Ducks...mutant ducks maybe?"
"No! Aliens! The check writes itself!"
"Speaking of writers, the TMNT cartoon just ended, wanna hire the head writer?"
"Perfect! We're gonna need a front-end loader to get him here, though..."

Emilio Estevez

He ain't wrong though.

They were cashing on on the popularity of the Mighty Ducks movies.

Ducks Rock Obviously.

I remember I had the robot Gargoyle toys and so much Mighty Duck shit. It was all so awesome.

To be fair getting up midplay is pretty dickish

Were they really that popular?

No hockey arena let's you get up during play user

At the time? Majorly. It was a trilogy for a reason.

at least they started using the logo again, well not next season (thanks Adidas)

Everything got sequels in the 90s

I fucking loved the movies growing up.

Its in Anaheim so Disney pretty much made the incarnation of the team that existed form the 90s till the mid 2000s including the Mascot who was also the headline character of the cartoon Wildwing.

This had more lore than a cartoon based on a kids sports movie should have had.

I had some book where there was brainwashing, may have been an episode adaptation but I wouldn't know. It gave me my fetish though

kids these days they don't know
kids these days

I need money for cocaine and hookers.

now. in the late 90s only the Ducks threatened to throw you out for having to piss the 5 beers you've had so far.

user, the movie came out in 1992 and the irl team was founded in 1993 by Disney. And since they're Disney they called the team the Mighty Ducks.

Money and merchandising.

Dunno but it was a pretty good cartoon.
I still love the movies.