Thunder River Rapids General #8: Sup Forums Dreamworld meetup edition

Videos of conveyor belt: youtu.be/umyXZkbhC2A?t=3m50s [Open]

youtu.be/IU95jNx6jf8?t=3m28s [Open]

Dreamworld REOPENING on Friday: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3872788/Dreamworld-never-open-employees-face-jail-safety-negligence.html

Former River Rapids operator suspected 'fatal flaw': au.news.yahoo.com/a/33014307/former-dreamworld-ride-operator-suspected-fatal-flaw/#page1

WHAT IS THE THUNDER RIVER RAPIDS RIDE?

- Thunder River Rapids opened in 1986 and remains one of Dreamworld's oldest rides

- Ride located in the Gold Rush section of Gold Coast's biggest theme park and considered one of Dreamworld's most 'family friendly'

- Riders board six-person circular rafts which follow initial path through a cave before experiencing the rapids section of the ride

- Thunder River Rapids lasts four minutes in total and hits top speed of 45km/h

- Riders are usually splashed with water as rafts spin through the rapids and hit walls

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2016-10-27/dreamworld-unable-to-open-on-friday-due-to-police-investigation/7972424
goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/national/bus-reportedly-explodes-on-brisbane-road/news-story/4a61644d0a43d7aafe27714383ccebb0
youtube.com/watch?v=5OurgbLABks
ardentleisure.com/
asx.com.au/asxpdf/20161028/pdf/43cdljh2f3ktgc.pdf
ardentleisure.com/news/dreamworld-memorial-update/
youtube.com/watch?v=e_Frbrxza6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WHY?!?! No one cares. How many moar days of this Dundee?

In on comfy thread. How are you all?

its our 9/11 let us grief you insensitive leaf

>mfw people actually care about ausFAILia

Every day until you like it

The AWU (union) are using this as a political football.
to cover their own arse for not doing something sooner.

Sshhh, they think they're relevant.

is the union at fault?

They certainly did not help! they go on about it now when someones killed..never been any industrial action over the claims they are making in the previous years

Fuck! Ok fine. 9/11 was important, so I respect your loss.

>#NeverForget

Nobody cares.

The AWU are notorious for colluding with management and shafting there members..so I bet they are partly to blame for any cost cutting that may have contributed to this at Dreamworld.

CCTV FOOTAGE WHEN?

Interesting, I've always found unions slimey and dodgy. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Funny how they shift the blame now

Your country isn't even visible on a world map, no one cares what you think m8

We'd be lucky to even get some small footage of before the incident happened. At the minimum we should get to see the pre-ride group photo

fuck that bro someone needs to post the whole days footage of the cctv feed

Dreamworld is no longer re-opening on friday
abc.net.au/news/2016-10-27/dreamworld-unable-to-open-on-friday-due-to-police-investigation/7972424

I would just like to post this here too
This Happened in Moorooka QLD noy related to topic but I can't start new thread. goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/national/bus-reportedly-explodes-on-brisbane-road/news-story/4a61644d0a43d7aafe27714383ccebb0
Pic related

This incident has got legs. Its gonna be a political gimme for years. Its going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Dreamworld have fucked up royally.

> accident happens, park stays open
> after an hour cops say, ffs close this park down you morons.
> next day park says 'were reopening in two days. Yay! Everyone welcome'
> police say 'like fuck you are we've got an investigation to complete.'
> union says, too right, we've been saying this place is a danger for the last couple years.

The best bit
> boss says at agm 'we've spoken with families'
> reporter 'no you haven't
> boss 'ah yes we have. Just to offer support and shit.'
> reporter 'I call bullshit bitch. I'm speaking to a mum of one of the victims. She's toey as fuck coz they haven't heard from you at all.'
> boss 'oh yeah. Umm. We tried but couldn't find their numbers. We've asked police liaison to help.'
> reporter 'I found number quick as. Here she's on the blower, wants a word with you now'
> boss 'oh nows not a good time'

One of the victims was from NZ, has it made much news over where you are?

Nah man, another week tops.

Fag marriage won't like being out of the spotlight for too long

The mum of the homo victims is an SJW so I wouldn't believe the shit she says

I wish they'd just fucken open the place already, the line times are gonna be fucking short as!

Shit yeah. It's massive news here. Also coz Gold Coast is like most kiwis first overseas holiday. We make up something like 65% of Qlds total tourism revenue.

Plenty of chatter about 'fuck ever going back to an Australian theme park again'.

Its been reported a kiwi eyewitness said when the ride flipped and people started getting chewed by the conveyor belt the operator, a young chick flipped the fuck out and ran away screaming.

Considering two of the victims were fags they can tie it all in together.

Fair does, but it was a cringey gotcha moment at the press conference.

No words can describe my anger

HAHAHA SHILLS BTFO

>nows not a good time
what did they mean by this?

>when the ride flipped and people started getting chewed by the conveyor belt the operator, a young chick flipped the fuck out and ran away screaming.

Source?

Yah right. These fucking shills trying to derail Dreamworld threads need to fuck off.

Still waiting confirmation on that, but it has the hint of a terrorist attack.

If the Chink moot hadn't banned Aussie IP from posting new threads Id be out of here!

Should be more clear....

Its been reported a kiwi eyewitness said when the ride flipped and people started getting chewed by the conveyor belt the operator, a young chick flipped the fuck out and ran away screaming

> instead of hitting the emergency stop button.

>Still waiting confirmation
>hint of a terrorist attack

No one cares about that random incident faggot. Here is why straight from the article

>The bus fire incident in Brisbane is now a homicide investigation, with police saying a fire accelerant was allegedly poured over the 29-year-old bus driver.

>The bus caught fire on Beaudesert Rd at Moorooka.

>Any suggestion of terrorism has been discarded.

What part of

>Any suggestion of terrorism has been discarded.

don't you understand?

What's up, gearheads? Graduated from stingrays to machinery? Keep it up, and you'll be at 9/11-tier in no time (although Steve Irwin was a huge loss, nevet forget).

You want us to think the murderer has been interviewed already and has detailed why he did what he did in an open and honest manner that is verified to be true?

Nah faggot, fuck off back to an election thread.

Australia is safe and remains safe because we don't let this shit become more than a spotfire, if we stop letting it make us furious we'll become complacent and end up like your sub human country.

Yeah I know right!

this post is incompatible with thread

There's a Billy Joel joke here somewhere....

screw it
youtube.com/watch?v=5OurgbLABks

Fuark. Still plenty more stuff to do here so I wonder if it will effect tourism from NZ.

I can only post threads off my mobile. Why can't I post threads anymore? It says something about a global ban on IP range

Steve Irwin's death was our JFK moment. This is our 9/11.

pic related from a previous thread

Good points on the current state of the Dreamworld tragedy.

Yep same on desktop. Just can't post New threads I think.

Yeah I wouldn't trust AWU the do deals with the Bosses before the workers..they are just covering thier own arse.

No politicians are using it only The Lawyers like Bikie lawyer Bill Potts and Unions.

Australia just had a major Inquiry into Union organised crime and corruption, found a lot of it,so the Unions are on the warpath against all Industries. Its payback by them.

I would not be surprised if the AWU were behind the failure of the Ride that killed these people.

the inquiry that lead to no convictions and tens of millions of public money wasted (or rather paid to committees and lawyers) you mean senpai?

You forgot the CEO's ~$900k bonus at the AGM as well. That was perfect timing.

Oh there still corruption in the Union its just the ALP protects the Unions with their own bought and paid for Lawyers.

Can someone confirm if Dreamworld is a US owned company? If it is what are the ramifications?

Ah sweet thanks sherlock.

I'm with #multinationals now

Fuck Aussies

Yes very suspicious timing for this to happen!
Unions are also funded by George Soros via GETUP organisation.

Its parent company is Ardent Leisure ardentleisure.com/

Two of the dead are faggots. That's why

Yep your another Communist George Soros is paying for.

Nah faggot I'm an Aussie who respects unions over multinationals and doesn't run to bash the unions when there's bigger cunts to bash (multinationals)

go suck your dads dick

Wtf I love Canada now

You the ,Unions and ALP are the Multi Nationals you idiot.

Pic related is Ardent's stock chart.

Unions are the foot soldiers of communism so you agree your a commie. Are you?

Shit wish I knew me and the lads at the docks were multinationals when the bosses were working us to death like slave labour

Fuck off you absolute idiot

yep now watch who initiates a takeover/buyout or just wants the land

Your a commie and never worked on the docks...If did so how much shit did you nick from the containers??

>not understanding how the world works

>mistaking unions as separate from multinationals

>thinking the unions are peoples ally against the big bad corporations

Wharfies on slave labour wages hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Now I know YOUR lying now

>Urrhurrdurrdurrr wharfies!

Fucking subhumans.

Not only has the reopening of the park been delayed. The park was planning a memorial day event that has also been delayed.

>Four people mangled and drown to death at amusement park

>amusment parks sees nothing wrong and stay open

>cops are like wtf shut down already

>profits are king so amusement park tries to reopen asap with a memorial celebration

>cops are like wtf you gotta stay closed for investigation

Is it just me or is this memorial day at Dreamworld seem a bit tacky?

Ardent press release document can be found here

asx.com.au/asxpdf/20161028/pdf/43cdljh2f3ktgc.pdf

Link is found on Ardent website

ardentleisure.com/news/dreamworld-memorial-update/

Whats planned for the weekend lads?

Definitely tacky. Is it being reported much in the US?

There's a reason governments hate unions... and you'll probably never "get" it.

youtube.com/watch?v=e_Frbrxza6M

I am very well thank you mate, how are you?

Its buried in the news. That kid getting decapitated last summer in Kansas got buried in the news shortly afterwards as well. The last thing the msm wants is bad press for the amusement parks.

This shit needs to get out though. These parks are not only hazardous but gross in general. All sorts of injuries and sickness come from these parks.

I am pretty good thanks! Gotta finish an assignment then more exam study. Got marks back for my clinical stuff and got good feedback so I am happy about that. Going to the gym then seeing GF later

Yeah its pretty shocking, it could have happened to anyone. Last time I was on the ride was in '99, crazy to think could have been me or my family

Yes they're hives of Communism and Maxist subversion.

>There's a reason governments hate unions... and you'll probably never "get" it.

No I get it. Both are in collusion. Both profit from the collusion. Workers are useless idiot pawns in the collusion.

The feigend hatred of unions and the government in Aus is no different then Democrat vs Republican lie in the US. Both parties are buddies. The vitrol in the news is a charade. Neither party represents the people. Both parties profit from the lie.

Enjoy your unionized wage slavery cuck. Maybe someday you too will figure it out.

>meetup
An hero at the meetup and have someone livestream it.

I was thinking more along the lines of getting a few beers and bantering with some lads off Sup Forums

obligatory

How would you not extremely paranoid meeting people from Sup Forums irl?

No reason to be paranoid. I reckon I'd get along a lot better with people off Sup Forums than actual friends IRL

NEVR 4GET

no exception ;_;7

I'll bake some muffins for us.

>stein

Why/how is an amusement park ride malfunction Sup Forums related?

>Welcome to Sup Forums - Politically Incorrect

>This board is for the discussion of NEWS, WORLD EVENTS, political issues, AND OTHER RELATED TOPICS.

Also see

>This is major news in Australia. Many politicians are using this incident. Its also likely this may have an impact on State, possibly Federal politics as the investigation unfolds.

>The park is American owned. Its been suggested for the last couple of years its been run on the smell of an oily rag, and massive profits have been shipped offshore.

>Further to this the company is alleged to pay peanuts and not properly train staff. Apparently the ride had been shut a couple if times that day for maintenance. Then half an hour later the accident happens. Couple this with the fact the person operating this ride was an 18 year old on her first day at work. Its been suggested she didn't know where the emergency stop was, or possibly freaked the fuck out when she saw these guys being ripped apart by the conveyors teeth and ran screaming from her post.

>Nasty, ugly all round and the AWU, (union) is going to make sure prople are held to account all the way to the top of the food chain.