The first episode of the Wacky Races reboot is on the Boomerang App

The first episode of the Wacky Races reboot is on the Boomerang App.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

boomerang.com/watch/181/1
youtube.com/watch?v=nwgp4vr35t8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=L5wQ0XtJhkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This isn't based on the pilot, is it?

I ain't wanna watching shit, download or bust

I have a feeling I'd rather not watch this.

boomerang.com/watch/181/1

What the fuck, this exists?
Why do they spend so much money producing new series' and ever advertise them?

Why does Dick Dastardly look so fabulous?

How would you feel if they included Pepe as a new character?

Nope. Entirely different.

Just got done watching the episode.

>Only contestants are Dastardly and Muttley, Penelope Pitstop, Peter Perfect, the Gruesome Twosome, and that genius kid.
>Instead of cross country racing, the episode has different events, luge race, snowboarding, skiing, ice skating
>Dastardly never cheats
>Doesn't seem like there's any teams,last event has Dastardly Vs. Muttley
>Unfunny writing, bad comic timing
>Bland art style

It's pretty trash.

>>Dastardly never cheats
How could they get this so fucking wrong? What is even the point?

>Bring back beloved classic shows.
>Completely half ass them.
>Wonder why they fail.

Like ... fuck. There's five cars. FIVE. And one of them is some new retarded kid.

name a good reboot

I guess they didn't want to adapt a pilot that was popular on the internet. This is why pilots exist, people wanted it.

Maybe it was just this episode, but he didn't cheat even once. Hell, he made it to the final "event".

It's more like Olympics than a straight race.

>Dastardly never cheats
HIS NAME

IS LITERALLY

DICK

FUCKING

DASTARDLY

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MESS SUCH A SIMPLE GODDAMN CONCEPT UP? THAT'S LIKE HAVING A CHARACTER NAMED "HERC STRONGARM" BE A FUCKING WEENIE WHO CAN'T LIFT A FUCKING PENCIL

>>Dastardly never cheats
aaaaand dropped.

>he made it to the final "event"
That's fine since he was always the best racer, he only ever failed because he would stop to cheat, that was his entire character.

Like, all the other characters get taken out by some sort of accident, none of which are Dastardly's fault at all.

To clarify, Dastardly KIND OF cheats. His skis have rockets on them and he uses a drone to get big air in the snowboard event. But it never really comes off as cheating nor does anybody refer to it as such. I mean, the tech kid could use tech and it'd be the same thing.

Exactly. It never comes across as sabotaging the other racers. It's in line with anything any of the other racers could do.

>Dastardly never cheats
All I needed to hear. Thank you for sparing me the time, user.

This is literally the worst way you could possibly handle a Wacky Races reboot.

Aren't they supposed to do things like that though? The races are meant to be wacky.

What pilot?

There was a pilot for a Wacky Races reboot that never went anywhere released a few years ago.

This pilot: youtube.com/watch?v=nwgp4vr35t8 It starred the kids (aka clones) of Peter and Penelope, but otherwise seemed promising.

This sounds like dreck. I gotta see. And to get mad about this pilot getting passed over.

It's free to stream, I think.

link?

>Dastardly sitting at the finish line for the entire race
That's damn near perfect.

I just saw it, Billy West sounds depressed and Jim Cummings sounds terrible as Dick Dastardly. What the fuck happened?

Jim doesn't voice Dick in this.

>This content is not yet available in your country
Oh thank god, I'm saved.

This was painful

There are quite literally only three things people want to see in Wacky Races:
>Dastardly's schemes/plots/traps
>A whole bunch of quirky characters with themed cars
>An actual race

I just watched this and like you said, NONE of these things are in there. Wacky Races is such a simple, repetitive, easy show to adapt. The episodes all follow a strict formula. If you're going to "change things up", then add some new characters/cars or new locations.

As a sidenote, Wacky Raceland was also hot garbage but it at least had two of the three required elements and was fascinatingly, bizarrely terrible.

Even if the MCs of that pilot are meh, I would have loved it to be a full show just for that tier of Dastardly antics.

That and the updated other racers were interesting enough.

>Wacky Races is such a simple, repetitive, easy show to adapt.
This. How can you possibly fuck up this badly?

What? Who does then?

Peter Woodward

There's tons of giant guys named "Tiny" in media. It's an irony thing!

>Reboot Wacky Races
>Do everything wrong
>Hire literal unknowns for the voices
>Don't market it at all
Why did they even bother? Is this an ashcan copy?

The fuck is this? Dastardly literally NEVER cheats! The fucking rockets in the skiis isn't treated as cheating either so that's apparently fair game.

Who the fuck is in charge of the HB properties in WB? And where can I file a complaint and suggest they be more liberal with their IPs like that reboot pilot

One thing about it I thought was interesting, there's a new "Hanna Barbera Cartoons" logo at the end. I don't think the HB name's been used since they became Cartoon Network Studios.

>Jim Cummings doesn't voice Dick Dastardly
>The guy you had play Dick in the pilot
>The guy that's spent the past few decades playing another Paul Winchell-voiced character, Tigger.
>The guy you already have doing voice work on OK K.O.!.
>Don't bother using him

I mean, it can't be a money issue if they can easily afford Tom Kenny and Billy West.

>boomerang.com/watch/181/1

That was an okay episode of Laff-a-Lympics.

Shame they didn't make a Wacky Races cartoon.

No, it wasn't even an okay episode of the Laff-A-Lympics.

Laff-A-Lympics' whole appeal was being a big crossover between HB's well known properties (and some original ones), and this has a handful of characters.

>wacky races forever will never become a series in your lifetime

I have one question: Was it wacky?

>we won't get a series worth of her

Ducktales, Scooby Doo on several occasions, but point taken

man that was pretty great

That is false, Nu-DuckTales was mediocre at best, good when good but theres too little of it and when it's better then Ruddish Mickey Nu-DuckTales is best avoided.

Stick to the original comics, at least the original show tried.

I thought it was fun. No idea what you're saying about Ruddish Mickey.

Original was lightyears better.

>when it's better then Ruddish Mickey Nu-DuckTales is best avoided.

I don't quite get what you're trying to say here

Avoid the new show, stick to the original.

Dude, Dick Dastardly entire character is that he is THE BEST MOTHERFUCKING RACER ALIVE, to a point he can win effortlessly and it's hypercompetent when he stops the gimmicks, but winning without cheating is easy and feels pointless when you are not only THE BEST MOTHERFUCKING RACER ALIVE but also have a rocket car, Dick Dastardly stopping to cheat wasn't just his character but the main cause of conflict and the reactions of the cast and narrator to his cheating caused 80% of the jokes, I mean the other racers were wacky and had their moments when interacting but seeing them react to wathever Dick Dastardly plotted and then seeing it explode on Dick face was the thing that carried Wacky Races.

It's almost as if the writers didn't watch the show.

I just wanted to see how bad it really was.

Damn you Boomerang for not feeding my bile curiosity!

I wouldn't be surprised.

>name a good reboot
My Little Muley

>Dastardly never cheats

What

>Only contestants are Dastardly and Muttley, Penelope Pitstop, Peter Perfect, the Gruesome Twosome, and that genius kid.
Into the trash. Red Baron or GTFO

>No Ant Hill Mob and their Bullet Proof Bomb

He said a GOOD reboot.

That is either wrong, or there are simply no rules that disqualify his dastardly deeds. I mean, the Gruesome two-some were a team, but still count as two racers. and then Muttley wins

This stinks out loud

This is pretty good

>Dastardly never cheats

You know...there are some sacred things you don't change in some iconic characters.... this is just one of them.

WHAT THE FUCK CN?!

prof pat pending was my fav racer and i loved his design in forever as a mad scientist over the edge

Good thing I came here before watching it. It's always way more convenient to let Sup Forums form my opinions, rather than actually watching this shit.

This is not very high quality for an HB cartoon reboot.

They're just offscreen, preventing The Hooded Claw from getting at the lovely Penelope Pitstop.

>why doesn't dastardly just drive a fair race, he's clearly a better driver than the rest with no need to cheat, which always backfires on him anyway
writers: okay, lets see what happens if dastardly doesn't cheat
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Dastardly never cheats
The fuck.

>>Dastardly never cheats
but ...........................he does

Haven't seen it yet, but let me guess:
- animation is shit
- VAs are average
- nothing even remotely new going on, they're trying to feed people literally the same generic shit that was acceptable 50 years ago

>It's almost as if the writers didn't watch the show.
TTG makers saw a few eps of the anime-esque show they rebooted, maybe 3-4

So they got the general gist of the characters for a completely different show. That sounds fine to me.

Does the Gruesome Twosome have that vampire loli?

If that's the reason then I think it's safe to assume the writers truly didn't get the source material. This would be like if someone decided to give Scooby a normal speaking voice.

Nah, they still fuck up Raven

>this post
So we can't have that good reboot and instead we got another nuPPG situation? Fuck this

>wathever

She's got a nice rack

Thunderbirds are go

Watch fuzzy speed racer instead.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=L5wQ0XtJhkI

The boomerang website and the app are region locked, is the pilot available anywhere else?

>Dastardly never cheats

Nah, I like the new DuckTales

So he cheats or not?

Is anybody even interested in this?

looks like it was made with blender and somehow animated

Really? Even the fucking Brazillian Wacky Races car ad got that one right. They're the first racers shown.

DEL-WRRIPPP-BING-BING-WAHOO-KERRRSPLAT-ETE THIS

>Hire literal unknowns for the voices
Um, user, half the cast are notable-ish.

>Dastardly never cheats

nigga what the fuck, that's like taking the mystery van out of Scooby Doo.

Almost, their van isn't a main character trait that defines their character to what it's supposed to be- the van is just a defining trait of the series- two different categories. Both horrible though.

>Dastardly never cheats

I don't want to believe you.

He kind of does, but it doesn't really come off as cheating. His use of gadgets is pretty typical of what everyone did in the old show, and the show doesn't make a point of what he did as being cheating.

did he do the mustache twirl

More like replacing Scooby with Scrappy for an entire series;

To be fair, as much as I do love Jim's voice work, his Dastardly leaves a lot to be desired.

Personally, I would've liked to see Hank Azaria voice him based on his Gargamel performance. (Paul Winchell having played both characters.)