DC/WB actually making Elseworlds movies while the main DCEU can still have the continuity and cinematic universe stuff

>DC/WB actually making Elseworlds movies while the main DCEU can still have the continuity and cinematic universe stuff

FUCK YES.

Marvel should do this too. Not everything has to exist in the same continuity/universe. This allows for more creative freedom.

This seems like a bad idea. They're already cutting corners on the DCEU and the last thing they need to to do something to take up more resources that could be used to help build things up.

It's like they want the DCEU to fail.

I feel like this is a bad idea since Elseworld stories will confuse casuals.

Too bad mindless normies will be like "DURRR WTF SO LIKE THIS IS LIKE A DIFFERENT BATMAN OR ST WTF????"

If by elsewords they mean thinks like Wildstorm getting their own universe or Lucifer Morningstar own movie then hell yeah

If they really make batman/joker/superman elseworld stories then is a terrible idea

they wouldnt have to do this if there EU was any good

but youre right one offs/elseworlds might work to their advantage no matter which publisher it is

>Marvel should do this too.

Bub, you an' I gotta have a talk...

Cinematic universes were a mistake. They should've done an elseworld movie-franchise to begin with, with rotating actors and directors. Im pretty sure most normies would be more interested in "what if Superman was a commie" instead of "I wonder what happens to Clark after Man of Steel".

This is going to confuse the fuck out of the Chinese.

>Marvel should do this too.

But they already do, with the Netflix shows and Agents of Shield.

What a stupid demage control, I bet that before the news you would have find it stupid.

Also, considering that Marvel properties are distributed on different studios, you can just imagine that they are all in their own universes like Elsewolrds anyway.

They should just do straight adaptations of story lines

>Sinestro War
>Knightfall
>Death and Reign of the Supermen
>Crisis on Infinite Earths/Identity Crisis/infinite Crisis/Final Crisis

They have so much to work with

>>Sinestro War
>>Knightfall

You picked the shittiest examples and/or stories that make no sense without an established universe. DCW can do a form of a Crisis story in 3 or 4 years because they have the universe narrative. You can't start out the box with that.

>another company war thread

Oh come on, unless they're planning to adapt COIE this Elsewords shit is an unnecesary waste of money.
Who wants to watch a Joker solo? Who wants to watch Red Son? Don't say "us nerds xd" because normies are the reason capeshit still has some power left.

Secret Identity when?

And the X-Men and the Sony Spider-Man.

>>DC/WB actually making Elseworlds movies
No, they aren't. Stop giving bullshit clickbait sites legitimacy, please.

>elseworlds

This is business motivated and it deals with the logistics of writing something that must be reconciled with another work you have no input on.

It's not an elseworlds, it's a one-shot that if popular, could still later become cannon, if history is observed. They could all meet through multiverse shennanigans.

Make a thread when they make the commie Superman movie or something like it.

I dunno this sounds like something I want but last time that happened it blew up in my face
>Comic Book movie unafraid to mix and match SCIENCE and Magic, just expects audiences to accept this is a weird world full of freaks
>It's suicide squad

Red Son when?
Kingdom Come when?
Speeding Bullet when?

Most of those are legitimate claims on why Elseworld stories won't work tho.

>Speeding Bullets
>an amalgamation of Superman and Batman
The last thing they'll do in live-action unfortunately. It would be lit.

And like Elseworlds it's going to be 90% Bat-related.

>Elseworlds
Except Elseworlds have to be different. It's just a Batman movie not set in the DCEU. It's not an elseworld, it's DC and/or WB not having faith in their cinematic universe. Elseworld would be actually doing something not possible in the main universe.

I don't see it as a lack of faith so much as being pragmatic and safe.

While the inclusion of all movies under Marvel into a general narrative is exciting for audiences and creates further reason beyond specific merits to see each film, WB/DC might not see a benefit to them in following suit now that it's been done for over a decade by Marvel. Hedging their bets by being willing to expand on the success of any particular project that will be free from the strings of a universal narrative isn't a bad idea. Its quite possible that Affleck's deal to star was contingent on a certain direction for the movie and once that was revised he was no longer obligated/willing.

>ITT: bitching
If marvel had done this, Feige would be hailed as a genius.
Marvelfags are literally the new Applefags