The Hand

so we spent 2 seasons of Daredevil and a season of Iron Fist setting up The Hand and a big war and it turns out they just wanted dragon bones that were buried under NYC which were also keeping the city from collapsing and they were also homesick

Really? Thats it?

What even was the Black Sky in the end? Because Elektra seemed just as powerful as she was before and was beaten up regularly by the Defenders.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4JE3Gg-V9sg?t=1975
youtu.be/4JE3Gg-V9sg?t=2400
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJY6KeQ-2Gs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What even was the Black Sky in the end?

bootleg Iron Fist

I stopped watching Daredevil pretty soon after Kingpin got locked up and never got around to Iron Fist- do you mean actual dragon bones? Like bones from a for-real, flying, fire-breathing magic lizard?

Yeah.
It was also not really explained. Just served as a fight location.

So who ended up being the most disappointing and inept evil ninja group, Marvel's Netflix's The Hand or DC's CW's League of Assassins?

Yeah. And the cave built by those bones is a passage to the mystical city of Kun Lun

Yes. They are deep under NYC and the Hand plan on harvesting the bones to obtain 'the source' which is mostly unexplained

lol are you blind? she got that enhanced strength

the source are the bones, that's literally the key to their strength and immortality

What kind of dog is that?

>Zombie ninja death cult
>Somehow the most boring villains in the MCU

How did Ike fuck up this badly?

I understood that, but are they grinding up the bones or what? because previously they were using that liquid to resurrect themselves/Elektra

>the Hand
>ever not boring
Shit was cool when weebshit wasn't done to death in comics. Now a horde of evil ninjas is just kind of dull.

It's dragon marrow that somehow brings the dead back to life and extend your life because dragons

At least the League of Assassins never stopped wearing the outfits.

The Hand weren't even Ninja's in The Defenders

werent they mixing it with the blood of the kids they were grabbing

they fucked up the momentum by killing Alexandra. It seems like they wanted to pull a Cottonmouth, but Elektra's intentions weren't very clear once she became the leader and Gao was just kinda walking around just being there, so it felt kinda flat in terms of villains in the last 3 eps or so.

Did the Defenders fight a single Ninja in the show?
There were hardly any Ninja costumes. I remember some when they're training Electra, but that's it.
Nobu being in full Hand garb was such a fucking hype moment in season 1.

Wait....so Matt is now in Kun Lun?

>find out that the Iron Fist mythos has been changed to include The Hand for the Netflix shows
>despite thinking it's a shit idea, figure its for the sake of having a single enemy everyone can focus on in the Defenders
>The Hand is absolutely dogshit in the Defenders
It's amazing what a disappointment Marvel Netflix turned out to be

>society of global assassins manipulating and killing for centuries
>Somehow the most boring villains in the CWverse

Ninjas are passe

Meanwhile, on a live-action superhero team show that doesn't suck.

No, he's in the convent where his mother Maggie is a nun.

To be honest the fights in Ex-Aid kinda suck but they more than make up for it with the character drama. It'd be one thing if Defenders' fight scenes weren't up to snuff but the character interactions and personal plots were engaging, but they managed to fail both.

>Did the Defenders fight a single Ninja in the show?

No I don't think so

>DD Hand is a bunch of ninja's in costume attacking an entire hospital
>Defenders Hand is a couple guys in street clothes jobbing hard

I realize they had to pay more people for Defenders but holy crap is Jewflix really cutting budgets that much?

>one of the head honchos of the Hand is an African warlord
What the fuck is this

>It seems like they wanted to pull a Cottonmouth
Funny, considering that ruined Luke Cage. This is the second time they made the same mistake twice to fuck up a show

>DDS2 and LC introduce two villains with conflicting tones in the same season
>LC and Defenders kill off an interesting villain halfway through cuz "muh shocking reveal"

>Defenders
>kill off an interesting villain

>b..bu...but DC

Why can we never just talk about how shit something is without bringing in the other team ?

He's pointing out both sides completely fucked up ninjas, it's not company war shit

The budget has been scraping just around the borderline to be passable and yet still fail when it comes to the collab show of street level Supers. You would think after DD season 2 they would expand upon silent zombie ninjas that would give Cage and Jessica a run for their money by attacking from the shadows and frustrating them with guerrilla tactics.

NOPE, gotta be mooks in business suits and mooks with guns

Diversity. Which brings up why there's no outcry about sigourney weaver being a mystical kung fu master like there was for Iron Fist

Netflix danny rand is such a shit champion. You would never have guessed he spent his whole life in mystical kung-fu-land.

>Sigourney Weaver
>Not interesting

>waifufags

And one is American and another is from Brazil.

They arrived in K'un Lun and were trained around the late 1700s

>actual relateable villains with understandable motivations
>actions make sense instead of random taunting and moustache twirling
>in fighting and discussion about plans rather then muh insinuations and mystery

The defenders were a breath of fresh air compared to fucking daredevil.

Sigourney Weaver was anything but interesting. I had to forcibly stop myself from audibly growing every time she had another "HEY I'M NOT TOO SUBTLY HINTING THAT I'M OLD WINK WINK DID YOU KNOW THAT I'M REALLY OLD?" or "MAN DEATH SUCKS I'M SO OLD I REALLY DON'T WANNA DIE" moment. She was boring, shallow, one-note and non-threatening. By far one of the least interesting villain out there. She got taken out like a bitch too in a really anti-climactic manner. Didn't help that her entire "plan" hinged on how supposedly super fucking cool the Black Sky was and Elektra turned out to be just an above-average zombie ninja indistinguishable from every other Hand mooks from Daredevil except for the whole cliché tried out brainwashed ex girlfriend who can still be saved by the power of dick meme.

>Elektra turned out to be just an above-average zombie ninja indistinguishable from every other Hand mooks from Daredevil

except for the part where she could defeat all 4 heroes single handed.

Nigga she LITERALLY USED THE PHRASE "WE ARE NOT SO DIFFERENT, YOU AND I". That automatically makes her shit.

She's almost 70, why would she be a waifu?

The payoff was nonexistent, but that doesn't mean she was a shit character from start to finish

Fair enough. Just glad she didn't dwell on it like Zoom did

>xcept for the part where she could defeat all 4 heroes single handed.

Oh yeah that thing that never happened

>insta kill stick
>knock out everyone instantly
>take iron fist

This.
>that doesn't mean she was a shit character from start to finish
But she absolutely was.

But she absolutely wasn't.

I burst out laughing at that point. What a fucking shit show

I gotta be honest man I kept drifting off to sleep through the whole second half. I just remember corridor fight #5742

Fuck off. You have to be trolling at this point.
She was somehow the most boring villain in the whole Netflix-verse and that's saying alot. There was nothing good about her.

Why didn't they just say they wanted the bones instead of naming an entire mythical city something. I thought they wanted to go to that mystical fairy land kun'whatever.

Seemed like there were up-to a lot more in Daredevil season 1

The real reason is these shows have dozens of writers and they all never took time to get their stories straight so we ended up with khaleesi bones being the ultimate goal.

She honestly sucked and was boring.

>You have to be trolling at this point.
How? I don't think you understand how trolling works, user

In the earlier episodes she had a commanding presence that could even be felt by the Defenders in the few scenes they interacted with her in. Her debut scene also helped establish sympathy that didn't feel hamfisted, which is saying a lot for a female villain

>b-b-but i didnt feel simpathy
And? Your opinion doesn't outweigh shit

>I don't think you understand how trolling works
Yes and that's what you're doing. That or you're a legitimate idiot.
>In the earlier episodes she had a commanding presence
She had literally zero you low-standards cunt. She was also a flat character.
>sympathy that didn't feel hamfisted
You're not just "low-standards cunt". You're a "no-standards cunt"
>muh cancir
>And? Your opinion doesn't outweigh shit
Funny, that's what I want to say about your garbage opinions.

>it sucks
>nuh uh it sucks cuz i said so
>well ur just an idiot troll
Dude, fuck off

>She had literally zero you low-standards cunt. She was also a flat character.
Thanks for representing the cartoon faggot I pegged you out to be. Don't need to read the rest of what you posted

By your resources combined!

You fuck off, moron.
Your entire argument is
>it's gud cuz I said so
you retarded waste of flesh. You don't get to bitch about my posts.
>le cartoon bogeyman
Thanks for proving that you're a complete moron even further. Remember: it's down the road, not across the street.

>reddit spacing
Why am I not surprised.

the hand more like the BLAND am I right guys

ha ha ha high five

Maybe Feige did this on purpose so people will stop hounding him about including the Defenders in Avengers

Masterful opinion, dude on Sup Forums

Fucking kek. Almost forgot about this. Literally went in to Sup Forums to make a thread about this the moment I saw it

>I have no response, better shitpost
Fuck off already.

Why did they make elektra the final boss? Hasn't she spent her entire life training to defeat them, so why would she become their leader when the brainwashing wore off?

No, he was Born Again

At least Ex-Aid ain't afraid to do over-the-top wacky fights amidst all the human drama. I mean, the MCU is deathly afraid of costumes and codenames (to the point that Danny is mocked endlessly for calling himself Iron Fist), but stuff like KR isn't ashamed of the decadent pageantry inherent in the superhero genre:

youtu.be/4JE3Gg-V9sg?t=1975
youtu.be/4JE3Gg-V9sg?t=2400

While in, say, the Defenders:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJY6KeQ-2Gs

It is a shame that they "modernized" the Hand in the last two shows (Defenders and Iron Fist) compared to the more "Hand-y" way they were presented in Daredevils first two season. They just felt like a regular gang (especially considering how very few of them could fight worth a damn) compared to being a clan of international ninja assassins.

Why does Netflix Marvel keep doing this? Did Perlmutter not give them enough budget to keep Mahershala Ali (don't remember if LC was after Moonlight came out, if it wasn't then that actually makes no sense because he's been on 4 seasons of HoC already) and Sigourney Weaver around from the entire season?

There's writers/directors that can pull this off well, but clearly Netflix doesn't employ any of them. Stick to your wheelhouse and stop trying to be clever, you're only shooting your shows in the foot.

I believe it's the only way that writers with limited creativity can think of to "shake up the game" halfway through a season to raise the stakes.

Feige has nothing to do with Marvel TV.

so the show morale is that immigration is bad?

How is excavating Dragon Bones gonna cause NYC to collapse?

New York is built on top of Dragon bones

So the dragon is the size of NYC?

because reasons

I thought the Dragon was gonna be Fing Fang Foom...

Maybe

Because the most powerful mafia of the world could not pay a structural engineer.

I'm just hoping the show means we'll be done with The Hand for a while. DD S3 will probably be a Born Again style thing, and they've set up Gladiator and Stilt-Man to a degree.
Iron Fist will probably truck on with it; he doesn't really seem to have any big stories to adapt besides Immortal IF and they already kinda mined that with the spider lady and whatnot. Davos will come back mad, I'm sure.
I could see H4H happening despite Cage's obvious disinterest in hero stuff, if Claire pushes him and Misty gets taken off the police force or something.
I don't really care about Jessica Jones, but I also never read her comics or watched Alias (they're connected, right?)

Well you gotta think, they'd apparently been Handin it up in NYC since the 1820s, when everything was wood and they couldn't predict people building giant stacks of steel in a century's time. And even if they could, the Hand outright state multiple times that they couldn't give less of a shit if the city got fucked.
The financial capital of the world crumbling would probably be good for them, as it'd create more chaos for them to put people in more positions of power, along with all your other typical secret society bullshit.

Luke was barely standing after inhaling the magic fumes.
Matt is gay for Elektra. Stick is a dad for Elektra (he had the chance to cut off her head, but stopped).
Fist was incapacitated.
And JJ wasn't accustoemd to fighting with ninjas.

So she could defeat 1 hero single handedly, another 2, when they are repressing their strength and a barely walking Luke. Good job.

She was a slave to no one!

Stop. The bones were not holding New York.

Still smaller than Ancalagon.

Let me take you to a world of pure speculation

Excuses for shitty writing, I fear.
Going realistic, earth is a pretty stable thing. Couple bones would do nothing up above.
Furthermore, the point of hand and other mafias is to be unobtrusive, invisible. Useless genocide is useless if you can pay a fucking structural engineer.
They could have explicity said: breaking the door and violating the sanctuary will unleash a curse that will destroy the city.

Or they could have said that right right after resurrecting/replenishing your life reserves Black Sky turns you into an unstoppable mindless rage demon, but that fit of rage eventually wears off.
This would have given Elektra a power boost, and made it for possible for Matt to get through to her only in the end when the effect of the goo on her brain slowly wears off.
And the destruction of NY would have been the result of Hand leaders getting a dose of Sky and destroying the city immediately afterwards. That would have given a clear reason to stop them from procuring and using it and the reason as to why they would want to destroy NY (the goo temporal madness would make them do it, plus it would serve as a show of force by the Hand).

Have they explained how Hand would be able to reclaim Kun Lunn? I honestly don't remember.

Nope. They did refer to what was in the hole as K'un L'un, so I gathered that that's where it teleported to evade the Hand at the end of IF season 1. And if there was a cavern underneath NY big enough to contain a city, it would also have been big enough to collapse NY. What instead we got dragon bones.

To add to this, Defenders writers, who are also the EPs of Daredevil mentioned in an interview that they have no idea as to what the IF writers have planned for season 2 and they also had no idea what would be at the bottom of the hole, when writing DD S2.
So they were basically just coming up with shit on the go without coordinating with IF writers.

Nice.

Why does HYDRA manage to look more powerful and menacing than The Hand in the MCU?

Hell, from what little I've seen from them in comics, they seem as threatening as Jessie and James in Pokemon, but in the MCU they feel legit creepy and threatening.

The Hand, on the other hand (lol), seemed badass in Daredevil and Iron Fist, yet so terrible in the Defenders. I'm assuming Madame Goa got out somehow, and I really hope that Nobu and the Drunk Warrior from IF come back.

Partially because the HYDRA bomb came first. But we also saw just how wide spread it was. The Hand was 5 people and a bunch of lackies, most of them in NYC. Compare that to HYDRA with its Nazi branch, then there is the LA branch in Agent Carter, then Pierce and literally half of SHIELD plus a good portion of the US Gov., Strucker's gang, the remnants of HYDRA in the US and the international version headed by a dozen people until finally it was united and destroyed under SquidWard. And even now HYDRA stuff keeps popping up in AoS and the wider MCU.

Well, that fight's from the movie, which is a different beasts from TV series. But I agree that I'm sick and tired that every cape show must address costumes and codenames with an ironic snide as if they couldn't be taken seriously. I'm also sick and tired of everyone being bewildered at stuff like K'un Lun and dragons and shit when it's fucking CANON AND WELL DOCUMENTED IN-UNIVERSE THAT THE CITY OF NEW YORK WAS SAVED FROM A SPACE ALIEN INVASION BY A NORSE GOD AND A GIANT GREEN MAN

The Hand specifically said that Iron Fist would open the way to K'un Lun, and that they wanted him to punch the slab not only to get more of the source, but also because they were homesick.

this is what happens when you let sjw degenerate filth run amok with impunity
pic very related
sj clarkson - showrunner for The Defenders disappointment

muh divershitty quota bro
have to include every color and shit on a white male.
its a prereq for any show now

They said a lot of shit that didn't make sense.

but that still doesn't put the portal to kun'lun in the bedrock of NYC

>Leaders have been criminal masterminds for centuries
>They just capture and decapitate one like it's nothing

Why hasn't anyone else ever done that?!