How long until the pendulum turns and it's back to DC fucking up again? Though I swear DC hasn't had fuck ups this bad...

How long until the pendulum turns and it's back to DC fucking up again? Though I swear DC hasn't had fuck ups this bad. Ironic that Marvel did change the industry with their for the better with their Lenticular Variants by making LCS wake the fuck up and realize that ratio'd percentage variants are fucking stupid

I don't know what any of that means but boy do I like OK K.O Let's Be Heroes!

What's a lenticular cover ?

totally bonkers way to start a velma thread but hey, i'm game

The things where there are 2 different pictures you can see depending on the angle you view it at.

For the cartoon side of Sup Forums, here's a brief explanation
>Marvel announces how they have a brand new thing that will redeem them back in everyone's eyes
>It's just fucking covers
>Gate the covers they announced around a 150-200% Order Lock meaning you'll have to order 1 and a half more than your last order or even double.
>Multiple stores say fuck it and just not fall for this scheme and order only what they think they can sell

It can also be used to add a "3d effect" to one picture, or gradually change the scene to make it seem like it's moving.

that's fair.
won't die hard fans who want the covers just order them online to secure their copy anyway?
or is that not a thing, I don't do physical comicbooks.

one of the stores that are boycotting are online storefronts so not likely. They can get em through Ebay most likely, some LCS will still fall for Marvel's Schemes and then outjew Marvel by marking these covers to something like $500 a piece, it does happen but they're only really jewing themselves because they're the idiots who are stuck with 200% more orders of shit books like America

Ah so like the Futures End shit DC did?

true, and they have to hope these covers will have a market that will pay that huge markup in order to shoulder the costs of making a 200% order

yeah but since those were open orders (They can order them separately from normal covers without having to achieve a prerequisite) while these are gated orders (They'll have to order an amount of regular covers to be able to order the special covers, sometimes it's like 1:25, you're able to order 1 for every 25 normal covers you buy)

DC are probably safe until at least Metal and Doomsday Clock are done. After that they'll need a new thing to tie the line together if they don't want to be directionless like Marvel post Secret Wars.

From the comments section of that article, someone said:

>I think someone bought 1:1000 Champions #1 at my LCS (one of the first ones to get 1:1000). My LCS had two shelves just filled with Champions #1 top to bottom. The comic was either for a personal collection or they got burned because it hasn't happened again. Marvel's been releasing a ton of 1:500, 1:1000 and 1:2000 of late.

That's crazy.

Where's the website that counts how many days it has been since Marlel's most recent fuckup.

Where's hasmarveldonesomethingstupidtoday.com?

theouthousers is full of marvel shills. Most of their writers aren't (Fuck one of them is a huge CassFag who actually praised Batman and Robin Eternal) but the actual community is vehemently anti-DC with a few outliers. You can see how articles that do call out Marvel's shit rarely has any comments or have comments that brings DC in and tries to make it like they're just as bad or just shit on Didio for no reason.

Jude must be really into Game of Thrones

>giving a shit about the outhousers
well, there's your mistake, friend

Outhousers made that site? Then I guess it makes sense.

>When they resetted the counter for a fucking Elseworld story
Christ, fuck them.

IIRC they had one for Marvel for a while that they never reset and then it disappeared sometime around SW. I think it had a picture of Deadpool in a sombrero?

Well apparently Doomsday Clock starts a year ahead of the rest of the line and they will be caught up by the time it finishes so there's probably some sort of plan.

Didn't know Outhousers was behind this until now

to be fair DC did that for like every DK3 cover. I think there was even a 1:5000 cover.

Yeah but there was massive demand for that book which makes the variant investment much less of a gamble and DC doesn't do this anywhere near as often as Marvel. The 1:5000 was only for the first issue but I still find it inexcusable

Outhousers just bashes DC nonstop, the site is worthless

So the basic gist of what's going on with Marvel right now is that they're producing shitty comics no-one wants to buy and funding the creation of these comics by forcing LCSs to buy them if they also want to buy the books that DO sell?

what's more fucked up is that this boosts numbers for shitty comics but has no promise for retailers that these numbers will actually stick

>retards will continue to point to sale numbers like they mean anything

Wont Marvel block comic book stores from all the comics as usual if they dont comply?
Or did Amazon and online ordering make a way to bypass the bullshit

Marvel has to crash the industry again first

Most comic book shops these days subsist on Magic the Gathering, so most of them wouldn't be too bothered by the loss of Marvel if their demands were causing the shop to lose more money than they were making.

It's still scummy no matter how you look at it, BUT... the difference there is you could actually sell 100s of copies of DKIII if you were in a big city and had the market cornered in your neighborhood because DKIII sold like hotcakes.

Maybe they wouldnt be so reviled by comic shops if they didnt push their feminist bullshit agendas into their comics so hard. Why do they insist on pushing this cancer even though its killing their sales?

When Doomsday Clock ends they'll likely launch Legion, JSA and some other fan demanded books and prepare for next line wide event.

Not that I doubt Marvel but have they done something like this in the past?

Fuck off Sup Forumscuck, it's because of faggots like you that Marvel gets away with their bullshit.

What do you mean? Sup Forums are the good guys! They're just trying to save western civilization.

How about just making good comics that don't involve a company wide crossover?

Isn't that holographic?

Yeah,its basically a trade secret.
You go all in on quotas or you get nothing.

Why is it just because i hate misandric cunts im a Sup Forumsfag? Thats fucking retarded and the same type of thinking that makes feminist impotent dykes classify all men and critics of feminists as white supremicists or racists who dont know their racist because of "internalized oppression". Fuck off

Forget that guy he's a fagot. Us Sup Forumsbros need to stick together.

>implying you are not the things you say you are not

But im not Sup Forums. In fact i think those anti semetic white supremicist hicks are nearly as bad as feminazis. They are both two sides of the same shit coin that is the american political system.

You're about as quick on the draw as either of those groups.

And what the s so bad about being those things? Niggers are the scum of the earth. Blacks are the meanest, nastiest and most violent group of people on the planet. The insanely high crime/ murder rate of black in America also shows it to be true. So why do you defend them? Why do you want to see them represented positively in media? Blacks are very tribal regardless of how you feel about them they hate you anyways because you're not black.

>How long until the pendulum turns and it's back to DC fucking up again?
It's not going to happen as long as Marvel sticks with the SJW course and that's not going to change for a while

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A NIGGER MORTY!

I'M NIGGER RICK!

>hating a system of oppressing men is now Sup Forums
Thanks alot for being apart of the system that promotes that cancerous way of thinking that has radicalized the majority of the public to be on one side of two political extremes and not criticising and hating both of them equally. Though i admit personally i despise feminists more and if i had time to kill either a feminist or a nazi id choose the feminist it doesnt mean i still like those shit race supremicist elitist rich loving bible thumping gator fucking hick retards.

>and that's not going to change for a while
Why do you think that and why did they even start there sjw shit in the first place?

>it's ok when DC does
But boycotting Marvel pleases me greatly. I hope shops continue boycotting them but I doubt it.

Point out what was misogynist/sexist/racist/whateves about what he said.

user, please don't call us that. We just want to preserve western civilization. White people have a right to exist and maintain their homelands.

He called feminist "dykes". Apparently that's all you need to call someone racist/sexist/ableist/etcist.

To be fair, it is a slur, like calling fudge packers "fags", or calling gooks "chinks".

>TFW im bi
Im pretty sure i reserve the right to call a bunch of defiant stubborn man haters dykes

So apparently a woman can be as horrible as she wants to be but the minute you call her names, suddenly you're the awful one?

Yes,thats how it goes for last 60 years,now they get triggered if you refuse them because they become fat and ugly.

Calling other people names has always been frowned upon by civilized people, it's just that now it's elevated to this status of you being literally hitler if you do it to someone who isn't a straight white male.

In short,
Perlmutter fired a bunch of long term marvel staff, including a bunch of editorial. He replaced 'comic book people' with 'business people', which as far as I can tell just means hiring young people who will work for less and have degrees in business majors and not arts majors. These 'business people' sell Perlmutter on the idea that LGBT stuff is hip and in and by catering to it marvel will pull in a bunch of new readers. Ike buys it, Ike sells it to the board and the board sells the image of a company on the cutting edge of youth culture to disney.
Then the whole thing bombs (for a bunch of reasons) and everybody is playing the cover my ass game. The board blames Ike, Ike blames the people he hired, marvel blames their own racist fans for being bigoted asshat neckbeards and disney? Disney takes the IP's they paid for, disentagles as much control from marvel as possible and continues to print money. Which lets every one at marvel off the hook. There are no immediate repurcussions, and as long as nobody admits they fucked up, nobody takes responsibility, nobody gets fired. Something big, big enough to piss of daddy disney will have to happen before marvel will change. It's institutionalized willful ignorance.

>their own racist fans for being bigoted asshat neckbeards and disney?
Well i dont like my favorite marvel hero to become a sassy black bitch chic flick comic. The day disney rekts current marvel staff and their anti man bigoted ways cant come soon enough.

Nobody wanted their favorite hero to get changed. The very idea is fucking stupid. There wasn't anyone at marvel who said "but what about the current thor/hulk/captain america/hawkeye/ironman fan? how will they react?"
The disconnect is shocking.

>How long until the pendulum turns and it's back to DC fucking up again? Though I swear DC hasn't had fuck ups this bad.
have you just not been paying attention?

>there are people who are sincerely fans of the company marvel itself in 2017

Yes, Marvel's been doing things like:

>New Venom #150 with Todd McFarlane cover!
>(It's actually just a color-retouched McFarlane panel from 30 years ago, used as a cover now.)
>1:2000 (a store needs to order 2000 regular copies to get this)
>Cover sells for $2000 online to one obsessed dweeb.
>Retailer is stock with approx. 1940 regular copies of Venom #150 that they can't sell.
>So overall profit = eh.

They did the same thing with an Astonishing X-Men #1 Jim Lee cover, which people are trying to sell for $800 online. The actual "content" of the variant is non-existent. It's 30yo artwork that has no thematic tie to a new forgettable Astonishing X-Men series.

It's gotten out of control with variants.

TFW I hope this kills Marvel because I like the back issues more anyway.

Big Two comics in a nutshell.

Only people who don't buy comics give a shit about this kinda crap.

>Only people who don't like comics care when Marvel ruins comic book characters in comic books
Okay.

You don't have to like Marvel to notice DC's fuckups.

what?
did the 90s return.
wait comics are still all just sjw trash so that canĀ“t be the case

thank you based user

>have you just not been paying attention?
I have and they aren't in the same ballpark

you're right

they're much worse

It's a mind virus that they've gotten themselves into.

>Be Mark Waid
>Have a great comics career for 30 years and be the epitome of a normal comics writer.
>Midway through your Daredevil run you do a story about white supremecist terrorists.
>Three years later your life consists of sperging out on Twitter 24/7 and writing a book about Champions that is nonstop SJW and sells terribly

It's like a disease or virus they catch and can't get rid of.

They're not ever going to change or "course correct" because they think they are actually the cool correct smartypantses and everyone else is just too retrograde still to understand their righteous brilliance.

It needs to burn down and we will celebrate.

Sure, everybody was so outraged when they ruined fucking Mockingbird. I bet it would've seld hundreds of thousands if it wasn't for feminist propaganda!

>they
If you mean Marvel then you're right

It bothers me as a comic fan when feminists co opt anything in the industry to fuel their rhetorical bullshit, regardless if i had no previous interest in it

>Perlmutter fired a bunch of long term marvel staff
Was this how it actually happened? I get the impression that Ike is more behind the scenes than that, dealing with bigger picture stuff with Disney.

Wouldn't it have been Alonso who deals more with hiring and firing of contemporary talent? And even then, wasn't it more like Fraction, Remender, Hickman et al. weren't "fired" but just left because they could get a better deal at Image?

I get that this whole cycle worked out conveniently for SJWs because young hip "talent" are cheaper and more "progressive". But honestly it wasn't like Hickman's Avengers was selling so much that it made since for him to stay at Marvel when he could just focus on his Image stuff. Why would Marvel pay him or Remender more money when it wasn't like their stuff topped the charts?

>I like to sperg about the things I don't care about
Alright Sup Forumsermin, you can return to your containment board any second now.

>and be the epitome of a normal comics writer.
top lel

Don't gook and chink mean two different things? Gook is for the Vietnamese while Chink is Chinese.

>There wasn't anyone at marvel who said "but what about the current thor/hulk/captain america/hawkeye/ironman fan? how will they react?"
Based on twitter posts I've seen from Marvel creators, they did think about that. They just didn't care because current fans are, like, forty and super old so they'll be dying soon and we need to bring in young fans.

Who can tell them apart anyway?

Time to switch to Retrofit and Domino.

Too bad they should have thought to put extra care into getting people into liking the new characters instead of..whatever they just did to ensure newcomers would actually BUY the comics, since it's clear that they like them as mouthpieces for their politics, but don't actually like them as characters.

That's correct though.

They're right about that at least. Too bad they're wrong about HOW to approach getting newcomers in.

>epitome of a normal comics writer.

This. Newcomers still want to read about the classics. If they didn't care about the "iconic" characters they'd just read creator owned comics.

That's just an industry wide problem. DC does seem to have a better handle on it, they're starting a new line for children focused stories to attract SHG audience and a new mature line for Killing Joke audience.

But Rebirth is doing a much better job bringing new readers than whatever marvel is doing and rebirth is the most back to basics thing ever

No they're not. Numbers don't lie.

>But Rebirth is doing a much better job bringing new readers
Sure.

>regardless if i had no previous interest in it
If you weren't gonna buy it in the first place then who gives a shit?
People not buying into forced new versions of the characters has nothing to do with them being feminist, black or whatever but on them not being the character people wants to buy.
People like you, pretending to "boycott" comics for these reasons do nothing but legitimize their victimization when it comes to their shitty sales, instead of making them own the fact that it's due to shitty writing and going against what the fans want.

but they're literally complaining because they didn't copy's DC's approach on Lenticulars you maroon

Oh fuck off. He wrote a critically acclaimed superman, batman, fucking Wally west, JLA run, Cap run (guess what he wrote cap before civil war), Daredevil run. Hell he wrote kingdom come which a lot of DC fags love. So sincerely go fuck yourself.

This is the guy who built the flash mythos as we know today. Read a comic book.

Waids only been shit post secret wars.

Whaha wat?!

He's talking about people who know their shit tho, not
>Fraction
>Hickman

Ike fired a bunch of editors in 2011, more or less. You can see the immediate drop in quality. Also more or less around then they got their "diversity expert" giving them genius ideas.

>superman
It was good
>batman
Nobody cares
>fucking Wally west
Only Flashfags and Wallycucks give a fuck
>JLA run
Mediocre garbage that was surpassed by runs that preceded and succeeded it
>Cap run (guess what he wrote cap before civil war)
Mediocre
>Daredevil run
Started good, ended bad.
>Waids only been shit post secret wars.
Try since Threeboot.