They're finally making a direct adaptation of the Spongebob Squarepants manga...

They're finally making a direct adaptation of the Spongebob Squarepants manga. It looks like they actually have the artstyle down this time. None of that grainy shit from the 1999 OVAs.

Who's your favorite character? What was the best fight in the series? When's the Miss Puff arc going to end?

>OP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=FkL4CjckRZ0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4R-PiEDAybA
back.futubandera.cl/post/164566140289
youtube.com/watch?v=KSI_lwmtcoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eh, I'll probably watch up to the Bubble Bass arc. It has the last few good fights, and it always goes to shit past that point, ESPECIALLY at the start of the EVIL arc
>Barnacle Boy turns evil
>Saved by the power of friendship
I mean, fuck. Can anime get any more cliched?

>mfw Doodlebob fight animated

>Ignoring the comedy of the old OVAs.
>Ignoring the masterpiece that was the Stanley Arc.
>Buying into the seasonal hype bullshit.
I can't wait for DigiEnter to tear this shitheap apart when it comes out.

>masterpiece that was the Stanley Arc
I bet you read Johnny Test and thoroughly enjoyed every volume

I havent read the manga in years because shits too long running

Did Spangubobbu ever get his boating license?

I read King of the Hill, Dan vs. and Total Drama, you fucking troglodyte.

No, but there was an exciting Puff vs. Sponge arc.

>the introduction that is sandy
>the Halloween into Christmas arc
>SB129 Animated that rivals most surreal manga pieces
>God tier OST
>Plankton acquires Spongebob

lads, does this have the potential to be the greatest anime ever?

That opening was so good what the fuck

>actually reading Tōtarudorama
Call me when you read Sutābatafurai! Shinpi-tekina eirian no ōjo.

>spoilering the Patrick death in the OP
That's one of the most gutwrenching moments of the whole damn manga, don't show it like that you dumb fucks.

We're still in the middle of that arc and it's taking forever!
WHEN IS SPONGEBOB GOING TO GET ON THE BOAT WITH HIS LICENSE?!
Hey, don't spoil the Squidward Retrival Arc, jackass.

>Spongeward fujoshit pandering

No thanks

>Shows Patrick's death in the opening

Jesus christ, they didn't even care about spoilers did they?

>Total Drama
>Actually reading that shit that comes out of Northern Japan

I did, actually. I'm still mad that Jackiko didn't get together with Marcosuke.
Looks like some people haven't gotten to the Rock Bottom arc yet.

Is it true that Invader Zim is getting an OVA?

Nigga, Rock Bottom came out 12 years after Patrick died. Until he got Reborn as Pat-Tron, he was just fucking dead. Who even knows if they're going to animate Rock Bottom either?

Hirenbāgu has even gone on record about how Pat-Tron isn't truly the same Patrick, and is more or less just an artifical life-form created from Patrick's genes and memories.

So you think they will the squid wards decision arc justice.

Sacrificing himself for the greater good while orchestrating the events before hand to push spongebobs enough to where he can finally be strong enough to kill his Patrick.

>random shit getting an OVA

yet series that actually deserve one like Danny Phantom(seinen btw, you wouldn't understand it) get nothing.

pathetic

Pssst user

Patrick is a star fish, they regenerate.

read the manga

>Thinking that the fake-out injury Patrick sustains in chapter 7 is what the opening is showing

Confirmed for being a manga newfag.

When the fuck is the health inspector arc

We've been under a load of bummshit this entire season just so we can get to the Fucking health inspector arc

I want to see if they animate the nasty patty correctly

It's all for marketing, user. Trust me...SpongeSand will prevail.
Yeah, it's apparently going to be a crossover with Neutron James no Taikutsu.
Ah, but there's one thing you forgotten about the Rock Bottom arc. At the end of the arc, it was implied that the real Patrick is still alive, he's just slowly regenerating, and he's going to play an important role once the Puff Arc wraps up. It's literally in the final pages of the arc.
Harutomasuke is still trying to wrap Oops! Fairy Parents. Though, since some cuck in Japan decided to murder four students as "sacrifices" to "Ebā no Hikari", I don't know if it'll ever continue.

>I want to see if they animate the nasty patty correctly

prepare to be disappointing

I bet they won't even get to the Band arc.

>THere are People here who haven't read the Man-Ray Arc

>Harutomasuke is still trying to wrap Oops! Fairy Parents. Though, since some cuck in Japan decided to murder four students as "sacrifices" to "Ebā no Hikari", I don't know if it'll ever continue.

so stupid. He's been wanting to do an adaption of DP! for so long, they had the opportunity but Weekly Nickelodeon Comics just forced him to work on O!FP

>read the Man-Ray Arc

>reading that overrated trash

The ending was really anticlimatic. Admit it.
What can you do? Kids just LOVE shonen protagonists like Timi Turneryu. To be honest, the series had already gone downhill since they introduced Cosmo-san and Wanda-chan's kid.

>Man-Ray arc is bad
Looky here two fags who also think that 340 gram rat is terrible don't you, you fucking retards

When did I say it was bad? I loved most of the fights and character moments in the Man-Ray arc. Mermaid-Man vs. Man-Ray is some good shit. It's just...Man-Ray turning good because the tickle belt lingers on in him? Really?

>he actually likes the Man-Ray arc

you probably like the Rock Bottom and Hash Slinging Slasher arc too, baka

>that spoiler
That only happened in the Anime as it deviated form the original source, 2004 ANime-only fag

Who's here hyped for based Shell City Arc? They should have ended it there

Regardless of what Harutomasuke works on next. We can be thankful that it won't be as bad as that clusterfuck Koinu~TAFU. People only liked that garbage because Nekowerru-sama was their waifu.

Shell City is overhyped.

Fry Cook Games was the best arc in the series

underrated arc tbqh

It was pointless filler. It was a nice way to set up Squilliam and Squidward's rivalry but the resteraunt Arc does a better a job of it

The boating school exam arc really gave us some insight into Spongebob's true character and his inner turmoil, how do people keep looking over his characterization?

If you think Spongebob is nothing but a bucktoothed annoying bitch you're missing the entire point of the series. 2deep4you

Ano hi boku no kokoro wa oto mo naku kuzuresatta
Kowarete sakendemo keshisarenai kioku to
Kurayami ga hitomi no naka he to nagarekomu
Mou iro sae mienai ashita he to shizumu

Why when Americans think of Anime streotypes they usually think of late 90's-early 00's anime aimed at young children/teenagers?

Is it because they grew up with them?

Regards a Nipponese

Duh

SpongeBob is just shonen shit

it even has fucking tournament arcs, its pleb shonen shit

It's shonen done right, Shell City was everything a shonen should be

what

We're having a quality discussion about Spongebob SquarePants, user.

Read the thread.

By introducing some well designed jobber and having SpongeBob come out on top because of a one off character trained him and Patrick beat Plankton?

Well, while we're on the subject of anime, how do you guys feel about Harutomasuke's desires to bring back Fantomu Dan?

Personally, I'm hoping he ignores everything after the Reality Gauntlet Arc. Except for Daniko.

Hey, the hash slinging slasher ark was one of the most intense psychological thrillers to come out in recent memory

>he still watches harem anime

Can you please leave? We're trying to have a civil discussion here.

>Fantomu Dan
>Harem anime
Retarded shipping aside, it's actually a pretty solid shonen anime. Action's flashy as fuck, villains are fun, and I liked some of the story arcs. The Mirai Dan Arc is still my favorite in the series. Really wished the show revisited it at some point in the series.

Another good show I'd recommend is X.J. Kyuu: Jūdai no Robotto. Even today, the animation looks awesome.

So, what is this board opinion on Gumball (おかしなガムボール)? I now this board hate fapbait anime but still...

At least put a spoiler over that, jeez.

Best villain coming through

Whats Sup Forumss opinion on the three Magic Conch Shell arc films? I thought they had really beautiful animation but felt a little too rushed, not even mentioning all the things they left out

They were alright, I just felt bad since it seemed it did nothing but shit on Squidward. I thought when he'd accept the conch during the forest fight he'd finally get a win but he gets fucking stomped.

>strangler gets animated
hoollly fuck

>tfw no one disagrees

That's not On again off again Villain. NEPTUNE!

>all these fucking 2deep4u "muh 90's shonen" shitters on my smug waifu board
Sugar was a mistake.

So who would win in a fight Strangler or Doodlebob?

I can't wait to see the fight against Marge animated. It's going to be amazing.

>fight against marge
>literal bottom tier pandering crossover one-shot
>canon in ANY FUCKING WAY
NEWFAGS NEED TO FUCKING GO.

there's no way the strangler can take him on, the strangler may be durable, but doodlebob is basically omnipotent with the pencil.

>Jobbed hard in his actual fight with SpongeBob
>Best villain
sure.

>Fantomu Dan

Garbage show for people with trash tastes.

STEVENUNIVERSE is way more compelling, especially how it includes aspects of superior American cartoons. Sugar-san really is a genius.

Garnetto is my girlfriend

youtube.com/watch?v=4R-PiEDAybA

When do we get to the Strangler arc? That was my favorite part of the manga, since it ws so hard to tell who he was.

>that episode where Gumball and Darwin sucked her tits
A show for "kids"

>Newfags are gonna be blown the fuck away by Mermaid Man's death in the EVIL arc
I can't wait.

>Watching STEVENUNIVERSE when YO! TEEN TITANS! exists.
Stop watching Tumblr garbage and get on some real anime.

How to tell if this adaptation will be good or shit: if they're willing to get the leg guy running gag in.

So when does everyone agree when the series gets darker? I think it obviously starts when Mr. Krabs kills the innocent man that is Fred, others say it happens when Spongebob gets abducted to the Chum Bucket, other people say it starts when Tom goes insane, then there's the minority that thinks it happens when Mrs. Puff goes to jail.

>implying they'd let something THAT obscure be in
Might as well ask for a full adaptation of Scrooge no Boken.

Lifeguard arc. Innocence is lost there.

What was up with mr krabs bone turning into a green sponge?

Why does the thumbnail show spongebob fighting squidward pre-green eyes? Wax this a fluke or is this going to be a split timeline type companion to the manga ala Dead... They Walk?

So, as it turns out, the arc after the Puff arc got leaked.
>Neptune Arc
>When Spongebob, after beating Mrs. Puff, decides to take a break, he accidentally summons the ancient god known as Neptune. Now, he must preform 500 challenges while Patrick helps him carry on.

He was just a plot device to introduce Bigger Boot. All in all, a good cosmic tier villain.

It has to be there. It's subtle but people fucking DIED man. I think that was the turning point when people said "okay if we can do this then we can do THAT".

>this finally gets animated

holy FUCK

>shit tier remake of mediocre "2deep4u" 90's crap with an even looser budget
>"""good"""

Can we agree that the OVA fight against Man Ray was the coolest shit?
>The point where Man-Ray throws a fucking submarine at Spongebob
>The part where he easily rips apart dozens of fish like flies
>The part where he plays with Spongebob like he's an ant by being too fast for him

>We'll finally get to hear WATASHI WA LEGGU

we GOTTA geT SPONGEBOB bAAAAAAAAck

Anyone know of any quality spongebob doujin

Seeing Larry the Lobster go from fun loving comic relief to what he ended up as just seems strange. I still believe he should have been a part of the Ripped Pants Ensemble Mach 1

back.futubandera.cl/post/164566140289

Good job faggots.

I miss Blood+, i love the openings.
youtube.com/watch?v=KSI_lwmtcoo

I'm seriously not prepared for the part where Plankton uses Spongebob as a puppet to use his bad driving skills to run over and kill dozens, including Gary. I don't wanna watch that massacre again.

>Spangubobbu
ALRIGHT I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS SHIT FOR LIKE 20 FUCKING YEARS NOW AND I'VE HELD MY TONGUE BUT I CANNOT DO IT ANYMORE. YOU FUCKING SPANGUBOBBU FAGS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO PUSH YOUR SHITTY TRANSLATED NAME FOR DECADES NOW. THE CREATOR HAS CONFIRMED THAT IT IS SPELLED SPONGEBOB IN ENGLISH NUMEROUS TIMES, BUT ANY TIME YOU CUNTS RELEASE A MANGA SCANLATION I HAVE TO SIT THROUGH 22 PAGES OF "SPANGUBOBBU" LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. YOU'VE BEEN FIGHTING A LOSING FIGHT FOR YEARS. GET OVER IT AND SPELL SPONGEBOB NORMALLY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. FUCK.

Personally, I feel the most terrifying part was when Plankton literally went inside Spongebob's brain and started controlling him to beat and nearly kill innocents just to get the Krusty Krab secret recipe. What makes this scene even worse is that Spongebob is aware the entire time, so we had to watch him scream and plead for whatever was happening to stop which caused the innocents he was beating to look on in both horror and confusion as tears fell down Spongebob's eyes. That shit was gruesome.

my sides

>O MY HASSELHOFF
worst asspull in the series baka senpai

I have to give credit to those animators though. To be able to show so much and so many different emotions in this is just really breath taking. they really have the best studio

Well user, I THINK--

get that wannabe western shit outta here, we're talking about real anime

Don't remind me.

Squidward did nothing wrong, debate me fags.