The Witcher screenwriter is having a serious writer's block

It's going to suck hard isn't it?

she seems to spend more time writing tweets on twitter than actually writing the script

>She's not even halfway through the season
>Already out of ideas

In going to kill myself

the synopsis told us all it would be shit

>literally just follow the novels

Why the fuck is some roastie writing this shit? Fucking why? It’s going to be walking dead again.. fucking god awful writin
WHY?

>struggling to write scenes that someone else already wrote

How can we give her inspiration Sup Forums?

>one scene a day. No excuses!
Do writers really get this much freedom? Wow

The books are already WRITTEN you talentless, leeching, nepotistic, insipit cunt. HOW FUCKING HARD is it to turn them into a script? It's not rocket scinence, you liberal women studies bachelor's monkey.
Not that I ever intend to watch this Netflix kike cancer, just passing through this thread.

>Running out of ideas when you have a plethora of source material to work with and already written for you.

Women writers, not even once.

Women can't be solitary for 3 fucking seconds. Everything has to tweeted and signaled, from what they eat to how they work. They can only exist in relation to how other people perceive them

>female writer
>witcher

WHY WOULD A PROFESSIONAL TWEET THIS

Netflix.

(((Netflix)))

I hope the trend of forced diversity dies off soon. Its really frustrating to watch this shit unfold publicly. Just give it to soneone who can get shit done and understands the material. Audiences couldnt give a shit about the race or gender if its a good movie/show jesus fucking christ

>female
>non-slavic
>shitloads of source material and still cant come up with scenes

>They can only exist in relation to how other people perceive them

Yep. Thats why you almost never see self-depricating humour in women.

it's a woman, of course it's going to fail hard

Shes preparing for the shitstorm her writing is going to summon

How is publicly admitting that you have nothing to write and are literally forcing yourself to write things down, like it's a shitty homework assignment you don't want to do, going to help weather a storm?

How the fuck do they hire those hacks?
I dont understand anything anymore.

All they had to do was get a semi competent director and be faithful to the source material.

you just have to use scenes from to books ffs
how an you run out ideas when doing that?

>industry professional
>"I have to write one scene a day."
This can't be real. I know people that write for a hobby and they put more effort into their shit.

>Witcher has a bunch of short stories that can fill up a season or 2.
>writer's block

This is why you don't fucking hire women for creative jobs. What an absolutely pathetic tweet. She should be writing rom-coms or teen romance adaptations not the fucking Witcher.

>can't make a tv show script out of several books worth of material and three games
all she has to do is rework the story into a different mold
no creative work

Nice job.
>wake up at 2pm
>pound out a few paragraphs
>whew, what a day
>I deserve this cold beer

>tweeting about how hard you job is
what did she mean by this?
is she trying to say that she's not suited for the job
what the FUCK man I feel like I'm getting crazier and crazier
Also
I wonder if she played the games or read the book
>can't make any original story arcs in teh witcher's universe
what

propaganda takes work

She's struggling to find ways to cram in more niggers and holes.

I can't even imagine watching movies and TV shows written by these idiots. Idk how some of you even find the time.

>Written by Rian Johnson
Stay for the credits next time you're in theatres you fucking pleb

time to make an account to tell her what a lazy self-centered bitch she is

On top of that she's a fucking chick
>no matter what she produces, it will be given 3 additional points of rating

The worst is still ahead of us. There will be a point where literally nothing produced in any media is worth a damn because it's diversity before quality. But eventually there will be a backlash. People can only be fed shit for so long. Just feel like it might be at least another 10 years.

if they did this, assuming its an hour long show, we would get about 3 minutes of geralt per show. the books should have been called yennifer, ciri and some guy with a bum knee who complains about it a lot

>what did she mean by this?
Someone asked her on twitter how she copes with writers block so she replied with a string of tweets about a hypothetical situation. OP took one tweet out of context and now everyone in the thread’s sperging out over nothing

lol the creative part is by far the easiest. the polishing is the hard part that makes all the difference

how is writers block even a thing? do you need low intelligence to experience such things?

but yeah of course its a woman

worrying. you'd expect a professional and seasoned writer to not have these problems, or at least it not be this severe that she has to write it for the public to know about it.

Giving you a faithful adaptation was never the goal. Subverting each and every last bastion of white male culture is the goal. You really think giving one of the few video game franchises enjoyed by the "toxic" part of the gaming demographic to a female was a mistake? It's cultural genocide. The systematic erasure of all white art.

Hey why don’t you fuck my wife faggot?

It's typical girl shit. She's looking for sympathy, attention, and "You can do it" "Rock that shit girl!" crap.

didn't even realize dijkstra was a main character in the books
Should I read them?

It's like she's setting up to deflect all the shit that comes at her.

Studio tells her to finish her shit, she can say she is being harassed for her mental block.
It comes out and everyone tells her it's shit, she can say she was suffering from depression when she wrote it.

>said the tripfag

>(((netflix)))
>female feminist writer
geralt will be a side character at best, just like it happened with mad max.

I hope she's just typical attention whoring female and not seriously having troubles with it
he has tons of material and is supposed to be professional
just do your job bitch

i dont hate the books, its just Sup Forums led me to believe it was about a monster hunter dude going around and hunting monsters, when in reality, its him trying to find some 11 year old girl that got taken from him. i like them, just not what i expected. and dikstra is pretty cool, if i got the right guy, hes the spymaster right? there are about 200000 crazy names in these books, and they introduce a new 2 or 3 every chapter. dandilion and regis are by far the best characters though

she has a writers block because she only writes about gays and lesbians and bbc and none of them is in witcher

It needs more DIVERSITY. :^)

No, they're actually pretty bad

It's just not her story. She should fall back. Step away from the computer. Never force it. Do some other activities. Meditate and clear your head to give room for new ideas. Or just go out and socialize and try not to think about it. Hopefully you'll experience something that will inspire a scene or a line of dialogue. Or just have fun with it, that way it's fun for the audience. Brainstorming is also key. Think before you write. Plot a course you are going to navigate so you know what beats to hit and when. When you finally come up with a scene, push it aside and come up with a way to do it better.
>No excuses.
I agree.

Christ that can't be real.

Of course it's going to suck, they have a fucking woman writing the script. Geralt is about fucking bitches and killing monsters, she's going to turn him into a white knight cuck that gets dominated by femme fatales.

So much this.

Netflix should be sending someone to her house to immediately get and change all her social media passwords and from then on keep a fucking close eye on her work.

For a professional to announce to the world they are having this kind of trouble when so much other shit is already underway is not okay.

What do you think? Silly goy

>but yeah of course its a woman
they are not all the same, Altered Carbon was created by woman for Netflix too, but it was her passion project she was trying to get done for 15 years

>geralt is about killing monsters
did we read the same books?

seriously though, why did they give the writing gig to a woman
jesus christ

>, Altered Carbon was created by woman for Netflix too, but it was her passion project she was trying to get done for 15 years

Altered Carbon was SJW propaganda. Every white male is either a villain or an idiot and gets murdered. Revoltingly ugly black girl is supposed to be ultra hot prostitute with kung-fu skills.

Just make it an all black cast and give half of them hijabs.
The movie can just be them fighting on set for two hours over the last piece of Halal friend chicken.

5 main saga books, 3 short story collections and a standalone novel. On top of the three games. Anyone who calls themselves a writer should be ashamed of themselves if they can't adapt any of that material.

90 percent of overcoming writers block is actually putting words on the paper. You need to write even if you won't keep much of the final product. Once you start writing and stop thinking about how to start you will get the ideas you need even if some needs to be rewritten or thrown out. Constant breaks and meditation are usually just procrastinating.

Did you read The Last Wish? That one is a collection of the short stories that mostly follows Geralt doing Witcher things.

>Revoltingly ugly black girl is supposed to be ultra hot prostitute with kung-fu skills.
ok, this was absolutely horrible
for me it was more of a dystopian scenario and warning of how terrible a world where all races are mixed would be

I only read one of the books when I was a kid, never played any of the games. That's the impression I got of him.

Nah that's a satire account

It's all so tiresome. I wish I had a better hobby than film and television, maybe like sports or something. At least I wouldn't have to deal with this shit daily and wouldn't be a fat alcoholic.

no, im reading them in release order, i didnt know there were books about before the main story until i was already 4 books into the series. i will read those 2 after though.

Bingo

That's not release order.

Truthfully The Witcher stories are more about twisting and putting a new spin on classic fairy tales than about hunting monsters.

Yeah what a cunt, forcing herself to be productive.

females were a mistake

>woman writer

It was going to be shit no matter what

Show me how you structure Last Wish in a TV format.

Yennefer's in it even less than Geralt though. It's the Ciri variety hour after book 5, just her and a band of minor recurring characters.

>complete uninspired due to lack of genuine interest
>thinks one scene a day is a realistic goal for a pro writer

Why on earth would you post a tweet like this? You get a big job, and you post publicly that you're struggling with it? Like, is she trying to get fired?

>what the FUCK man I feel like I'm getting crazier and crazier
You are, stop posting on Sup Forums while you still can.

>I wonder if she played the games or read the book
Games no, books yes.

Look at her twitter and put the tweet in its proper context

You mean Sup Forums led you to believe that.

Post the whole chain.

Polishing is part of writing and probably being included in that goal.

They're very good but you're a Sup Forumstard so you'll hate them.

This is terrible advice. If you only write when you're in the zone and have a ton of inspiration you'll never finish anything.

>move over Lauren, we got this

>Geralt is about fucking bitches and killing monsters,
Not really, no.

I'm starting to like Lauren Hissrich just because Sup Forums freaks out about her so much. it's sort of like what the MSM did to me with Trump. Should I be worried?

>I wonder if she played the games or read the book
wow that's extremely sexist and misogynistic. Why can't a girl enjoy something without being an expert on it?

>story is primarily about family
>Show runner is actually a loyally married mother of two
>Decries shoving your politics and gender identity shit into places it doesn't belong
>Loves the books she's adapting
>Has worked on at least one decent show as a writer (Daredevil)
Why do we hate her again?

The fact that you listed the games first says everything you need to know about this thread.

you do the polishing after you are done with the creative, not at the same fucking time

you whet the sword after you have forged it, you dont fucking whet the ores while digging in the mine

Yea, but if you don't know the end result, how would you know what to include or omit. Before you start a scene you should know where the scene ends or your going to either go all over the place or in circles. You need to know what path you're eventually going to take because when the page is blank the number of routes to the final destination is limitless. She's a professional so I assume she has
>actually put words on the paper
Starting is nothing new to a professional. She is obviously more concerned with the conclusion and how she is going to tie up all the things she would like to include in the script.
>Constant breaks and meditation is usually just procrastinating.
So is sitting in front of a blank screen, worrying about what the next sentence is going to be. My point is to just relax. Mind, body, and soul. Find your focus, then write. If people think you're procrastinating, fuck them. They don't have to put their names under the title. Better to procrastinate and come up with something good than to just write whatever bullshit comes to mind.

>Netflix Original^TM

>you do the polishing after you are done with the creative, not at the same fucking time
No wonder you can't get employed as a writer.

>you whet the sword after you have forged it, you dont fucking whet the ores while digging in the mine
How long did you spend polishing this pretentious analogy?

>I rarely get writer's block
What the fuck writer's block happens to everyone, if she doesn't get writer's block it's because she'll just slap anything on a page to pad the word count. Real writers choose every word with care, sometimes spending a day on single sequence. Why the fuck was she hired to do this?

So now its a bad thing that she doesn't get writer's block

The fact that she checks CNN for news is literally the first thing she's said about herself that I don't like desu

woow looks like we have an expert dipshit. I am not a professional writer. are you?

Nothing wrong here. Carry on.