Is she a modern Peggy Hill?

Is she a modern Peggy Hill?

Beth is at least an actual, competent surgeon, which isn't something any idiot can do. Peggy, on the other hand, never showed herself to be decent at anything other than, what, pitching in a recreational baseball league? Does Beth behave like she's the smartest person in the show, too, while in reality being one of the dumbest? I haven't watched the newest season, but she at least wasn't like that in the older ones.

No

Nah nah nah, Beth and Peggy are very different. Beth's competent in her work, but a straight up bad parent. Peggy is bad at her main job (not counting musings and newspaper titles) and is narcissistic as fuck, but she legitimately cares about her family and loves them.

This guy gets it.

You'd never see Bobby or Connie stumble in on a drunk off her ass Peggy that promised to take you somewhere.

also beth got an abortion

you don't abort something you love

>Does Beth behave like she's the smartest person in the show, too, while in reality being one of the dumbest

Yes. She always did.

I fucking hate this bitch. She actually manages to be more unlikeable than Rick. Rick is at least the funny type of asshole. He's an unapologetic piece of shit, and a lot of his humor comes from how dismissive and cynical he is. He's a mean piece of shit, but it's coherent with the absurd shit he gets into, and what he's capable of.
Beth is an asshole like her father, but not because she's smart, but because she's insecure. I don't know, maybe because it's "too real", but I can't laugh at anything she does. It feels like I'm just watching a bitch be a bitch with no punchline.

She at least least seems to realize that Rick is more intelligent than her, doesn't she? Peggy treats literally everyone like they're less competent than her.

I think she's been consistently shown to have more processing power up there than her husband, it's counterbalanced by her irrational view of Rick.

No, not at all, OP. Please explain why you would think so or I will be forced to call you a newfag, and trust me, you don't want that.

HEY!
She's acts just like my mom

>not counting musings and newspaper titles
Are you forgetting the fact that she wrote a musing telling people to mix ammonia and bleach?

People have been calling her Peggy Hill 2.0 since season 2.

Beth has been doing some pretty stupid shit this season. I mean she managed to go several weeks with a bunch of robots impersonating her children and fail to notice despite than behaving so weirdly, that's arguably worse than Jerry failing to notice he was in a simulation for that one episode. Meanwhile her son, who we're supposed to think is an idiot is starting to prove to be a hell of a lot more competent than she is.

She's not plain looking like Peggy, so not really

That was her narcissism getting the better of her, and her focusing more on trying to sound smart and home-smart than pure muse.

people will defend beth because she is blonde

Can anyone name a good Peggy-centered episode? I've been rewatching the series and came to the realization that almost all of the episodes I dislike are focused on her; the only decent ones I can think of are the season three finale and the season four follow-up episode, but that's probably because the rest of the cast shared a lot of the focus.

Beth did nothing wrong

She honestly thinks shes on his level and just hasnt had the chance to prove it. Its how she got tricked into freeing the tech support for the organic resizing ray.

peggy + cotton

when she fell out the airplane

it was a genuine good episode

or the propane bots episode

or that tranny who was her friend

peggy's a very human character

her feminine side and masculine side constantly clash

When you deal with alcoholics, one of the big things you notice they do is focus on someone or something to be disdainful toward. If you have that in your life, then you're higher on the social totem pole and you don't need to deal with your alcoholism or why you're an alcoholic in the first place.

With Jerry out of the picture, Beth is going to implode, and it sucks that people think this is just coming out of thin air, or she's some kind of bitch. She has a ton of self-worth issues that she can't deal with, especially in regards to Rick.

I mean, really think about all the times Rick as meaningfully had with his DAUGHTER on the show. He is shitty to Morty, Summer, and Jerry, but it's at least counter-balanced with some empathy. He has almost no outwardly strong feelings towards Beth. There's a strong chance he's subconsciously ashamed of her, so he just avoids being around her unless he has to, which just makes her more neurotic.

This shit happened with my own mother. The distant father, the unrealized dreams, the need to make everything look like it's okay. Things didn't get any better until she got therapy. That's what makes the Pickle Rick episode all the more heart-breaking to me; Beth is trying to make her kids the "new Jerry."

jerry isn't even a bad guy.

he took a bullet for rick and multiple mortys have tried and succeeded killing rick

Peggy is a bad person. Beth is a bad parent. Beth is still someone you could go get a beer with, or trust to repair your horse. You just couldn't trust her to watch your children.

>I mean she managed to go several weeks with a bunch of robots impersonating her children and fail to notice despite than behaving so weirdly

I don't think that's actually stupidity, I think she's in really deep denial about all her dad's weirdness and bullshit, she needs to pretend it's not true though she probably realizes this shit is always happening on some level. She copes with it by drinking hell straight up alcoholism...like her own father.

Unlike Peggy the show presents Beth as a bad person. Muh daddy issues are her biggest problem. And maybe it's best to say instead of being a bad person in general Beth is an absolutely terrible mother and wife.